Rank these goalie ( and who will be the best one in the future.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard17

Jul 9, 2005
Please rank these goalie :) cause i need help :s :help:

Al Montoya
Cam Ward
Corey Crawford
Cory Schneider
David LeNeveu
Devan Dubnyk
Jeff Deslauriers
Jim Howard
Josh Harding
Marek Schwarz
Andy Chiodo
Alex Auld

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
before this year I would have said that Schwarz was my pick. I still think he has the best upside of the group, but the doubt that he'll hit it is already starting to set in. Put that with Ward's performance over his WHL career and in the AHL this year, it's enough for me to justify putting Cam over Marek.

Cam Ward
Marek Schwarz
Devan Dubnyk
Al Montoya
Josh Harding
Cory Schneider
David LeNeveu
Jim Howard
Alex Auld
Jeff Deslauriers
Corey Crawford
Andy Chiodo

flame away

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Cam Ward
Marek Schwarz
Josh Harding
Devan Dubnyk
Al Montoya
David LeNeveu
Alex Auld
Jim Howard
Cory Schneider
Jeff Deslauriers
Corey Crawford
Andy Chiodo

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Cam Ward
Marek Schwarz
David LeNeveu
Al Montoya
Devan Dubnyk
Josh Harding
Jeff Deslauriers
Alex Auld
Andy Chiodo
Cory Schneider
Jim Howard
Corey Crawford

Towelie*

We must also keep in mind the Goalie pad changes, and as a Canuck fan I have to admit that would hurt Auld, but Schneider should be fine. Auld has reasonably large pads and is a positional goaltender. This would seemingly help guys like Shwarz as he isn't as much of a positional goalie.

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
Ward BY A MILE. He's the only one on this list who consistently proved himself and didn't falter no matter what. CHL G of the year, AHL rookie of the year as well as a conference semi-finals appearance with a team not worth being in the playoffs. Best save% in the AHL last season, near the top in GAA and other meaningful categories. The rest of the guys will produce a few good #1s, but Ward has consistently progressed at a good rate and I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up with the #1 job in Carolina by the end of the season. I have seen him only last season in the AHL and playoffs, and he was amazing, especially in the playoffs, and for a rookie that is quite a feat.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Comfortably Numb said:
We must also keep in mind the Goalie pad changes, and as a Canuck fan I have to admit that would hurt Auld, but Schneider should be fine. Auld has reasonably large pads and is a positional goaltender. This would seemingly help guys like Shwarz as he isn't as much of a positional goalie.
Good point,that should also hurt Crawford.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
How the hell is Jim Howard so far down on people's lists. I think I would take him over anyone on that list.
If an injury hadn't kept him off of the 2003 US WJC team (was picked ahead of Montoya), he'd probably be close to the top of anybody's list. His numbers are better than Montoya's.

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Cam Ward
Marek Schwarz
Josh Harding
Devan Dubnyk
David LeNeveu
Jim Howard
Al Montoya
Alex Auld
Jeff Deslauriers
Cory Schneider
Corey Crawford
Andy Chiodo

On that list Montoya's probably No. 1 for most over-rated goalie...and by a mile

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
In the Future:
Cam Ward
David Leneveau
Corey Crawford
Devan Dubnyk
Marek Schwarz
Corey Schneider
Josh Harding
Alex Auld
Al Montoya
Andy Chiodo
Jimmy Howard
Jeff Deslauriers

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
theo_60 said:
Cam Ward
Marek Schwarz
Josh Harding
Devan Dubnyk
David LeNeveu
Jim Howard
Al Montoya
Alex Auld
Jeff Deslauriers
Cory Schneider
Corey Crawford
Andy Chiodo

On that list Montoya's probably No. 1 for most over-rated goalie...and by a mile

make that 2 miles, and counting... i think the most skilled goalie might be schwarz and i think hell, being in the stl organization who lacks another goaltender like him (except for bacashishua) hell run away with the show in 2-4 years...

howard should be a NHL starter for the wings in a few years, hes skill is amazing.. somewhat underrated which is suprising since wings like to talk alot about prospects, i think howard is underrrated when it comes to wing prospects

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
1. Cam Ward - No 1 on this list by a considerable margin. Should have won AHL RotY. Will be one of the top 10 goalies in the league for years to come.
2. Marek Schwarz - Consistency eluded him in Vancouver this year, but talent is there for a No. 1 goalie. Well deserved choice as top goalie at this year's WJC.
3. Josh Harding - One of the most underrated prospects on these boards. Former WHL MVP, beat Ward out for the back-up job on Team Canada in 2003-04, shone in the AHL this year.
4. Jeff Deslauriers - Unlike the other goalies from the vaunted 2002 goalie class (Toivonen, Lehtonen, Ward and Harding being the others), Deslauriers didn't thrive in the AHL this year, but he still has the potential to be a No. 1 NHL goalie.
5. Al Montoya - Took a big step back this year, both at the collegiate level and the WJC. He may be Kotsystsyn's new favourite player. Still could be a No. 1 goalie.
6. Alex Auld - Looked great for Vancouver in the 2004 playoffs, going from No. 3 at the start of the Calgary series to making clutch saves in the 3OT marathon Game 6.
7. Cory Schneider - Looked good in college this year. Looked very bad in the U.S. choke job against Belarus.
8. Devan Dubnyk - At nearly 6'6", he covers a lot of the net. Looks awkward, may actually be too big to play goal.
9. Jim Howard - Has put up great numbers with an excellent Maine team.
10. David LeNeveu - This year was a step back for LeNeveu. I'm not as sold on him as some people. His good numbers in college were more reflective on the team in front of him at Cornell.
11. Corey Crawford
12. Andy Chiodo

I'd say the top nine guys on this list have the potential to be No. 1s. Ward will be a top 10 guy, Schwarz and Harding could be in the 10-15 range.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
As a Canucks fans I'd rate Ellis and Schneider over Auld.. even if Auld is backup next season. I just don't see Auld becoming the player many expect him to be and I'm very curious to see how he will react to even smaller equipment.

Slowe

Feb 8, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
Not much love for Crawford here. I keep hearing great things about him from hawks fans (which I am one) but while he's on the list if anyone has a detailed opinion of him I'd love to hear it. I'm worried that all I'm hearing is optimistic hope. Thoughts?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
God Bless Canada said:
9. Jim Howard - Has put up great numbers with an excellent Maine team.

i disagree

http://www.ncaasports.com/icehockey/mens/rosters/2005/ME

his team has from what looks like no standouts besides him, he lost a ton of games by 1 goal, his team has no offense at all and i kinda wanna believe that most of the low GA were because of him. He was superb in a ton of games i saw on TV, stood on his head and he didnt let in a lot of weak goals.
http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0405/overallstats/heastm

looking at the stats, maines best forward was ranked offensively tied for 22nd.. horrible if you ask me in terms of offense... maybe if the kid has some forwards to help, his hype, record and overall stats might have gone down... the kid is underrated but ill take it, its the skill at the end of the tunnel that matters.. the big show talent

Howard is also 6'0 or 6'2, 220 lbs, the guys has more muscle in net then a lot of defensemen or forwards do

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Maine is an excellent TEAM. So what if they don't have guys who put up big numbers. A good TEAM is reflective of how guys come together, not talent. That Maine TEAM in 2003-04 was good enough to make it to the national final, losing to a powerhouse Denver Pioneers team, even though there were others like North Dakota that had more talent. His numbers did take a small drop this past season, but that could be a partial reflection of the talent that Maine lost after 2003-04. (Prestin Ryan, for example, was a second team all-American on Maine's blue line in 2003-04).

Howard's another of those 1984 goalies who will have successful NHL careers. I don't think he's as good as the others, but Detroit has a good one.

I do have some reservaions that he may just be another LeNeveu: a good goalie prospect who will play in the show as a back-up, but his numbers in college were reflective of the team in front of him. I think Howard could be a No. 1 NHL goalie some day, but I do have concerns.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
God Bless Canada said:
Maine is an excellent TEAM. So what if they don't have guys who put up big numbers. A good TEAM is reflective of how guys come together, not talent. That Maine TEAM in 2003-04 was good enough to make it to the national final, losing to a powerhouse Denver Pioneers team, even though there were others like North Dakota that had more talent. His numbers did take a small drop this past season, but that could be a partial reflection of the talent that Maine lost after 2003-04. (Prestin Ryan, for example, was a second team all-American on Maine's blue line in 2003-04).

Howard's another of those 1984 goalies who will have successful NHL careers. I don't think he's as good as the others, but Detroit has a good one.

I do have some reservaions that he may just be another LeNeveu: a good goalie prospect who will play in the show as a back-up, but his numbers in college were reflective of the team in front of him. I think Howard could be a No. 1 NHL goalie some day, but I do have concerns.

i think howard has a lot to do to as why that TEAM is so good...

Mat

Cam Ward
Marek Schwarz
Al Montoya
Andy Chiodo
Alex Auld
Josh Harding
Jim Howard
Cory Schneider
Devan Dubnyk
Corey Crawford
David LeNeveu