Rank These Four Players

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I honestly have never seen a touchier poster locked in flat-out-trolling mode than you, SGY19. Cut the melodrama and just accept the fact that not all people think Lidström is an average defenseman and that Yzerman single-handedly led the Wings to their cups. I loved Stevie Y as a hockey player just as much as I think Nick Lidström is one of the great defensemen in hockey. Why does the world have to be so black and white? That act you're putting on right about now playing some kind of victim is some of the most disturbingly pathetic stuff I've ever seen on a forum. No offense.

Yzerman Rox!

Yzerman Suxx!

Yzerman Rulez!

Yzerman Droolz!

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
I honestly have never seen a touchier poster locked in flat-out-trolling mode than you, SGY19. Cut the melodrama and just accept the fact that not all people think Lidström is an average defenseman and that Yzerman single-handedly led the Wings to their cups. I loved Stevie Y as a hockey player just as much as I think Nick Lidström is one of the great defensemen in hockey. Why does the world have to be so black and white? That act you're putting on right about now playing some kind of victim is some of the most disturbingly pathetic stuff I've ever seen on a forum. No offense.

Exactly, it's pathetic and absurd.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
I don't know how many times I have to say it, but Lidstrom is one of the greatest defenseman of all-time. He's one of the elite HOF players in the same class as Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Howe, etc. Lidstrom single-handedly led the Red Wings to their cups and is responsible for all the success they've had. He's the second greatest Red Wing of all-time behind only Gordie Howe. Lidstrom is also one of the top 5 greatest captains of all-time.

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

SGY19

Mar 26, 2006

Now what? All I did was state the obvious. The only thing missing in Lidstrom's game is the physical play. He makes up for it in other areas, though. The Red Wings have not had a player of Lidstrom's caliber since Gordie Howe. I think the Red Wings know it too. It's pretty obvious by the way they treat him with so much respect. In the 15 years that he's been on the team they've never once even tried to trade him. That's amazing. The Red Wings tried to trade Yzerman many times and came close to it 3 times. Look how good the Red Wings are doing this year. They are doing better without Yzerman.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Now what? All I did was state the obvious. The only thing missing in Lidstrom's game is the physical play. He makes up for it in other areas, though. The Red Wings have not had a player of Lidstrom's caliber since Gordie Howe. I think the Red Wings know it too. It's pretty obvious by the way they treat him with so much respect. In the 15 years that he's been on the team they've never once even tried to trade him. That's amazing. The Red Wings tried to trade Yzerman many times and came close to it 3 times. Look how good the Red Wings are doing this year. They are doing better without Yzerman.

6th in the Conference is nothing to get hot and horny over, and how do you know Yzerman was on the block many times? Did you pull that from your Arse to help make your argument for Lidstrom stronger? No one is saying Lidstrom isn't a great player, but I don't think trying to slag Yzerman to make Lidstrom better is the way to go. Yzerman is one of the greatest Captains ever, how long as Lidstom been Captain again? One year is Great thing I guess. Wow. :shakehead

TheDakkster*

I know that Yzerman was on the block because I remember hearing some of the rumors back then and also from recent articles and interviews after Yzerman retired. The Red Wings tried a couple times to trade him for LaFontaine. They also offered Yzerman in a package to Quebec for Lindros. That trade didn't happen because Quebec also wanted Fedorov and Lidstrom. The Red Wings also almost traded him for Roy. The most recent was to Ottawa in 1995. I don't know why they were always trying to trade him, but I was glad when his no trade clause finally kicked in when he turned 32. I think the only reason the Red Wings stopped trying to trade Yzerman was because of his fan support. If not for that he probably would've finished his career on a different team. It's different with Lidstrom. They've never tried to trade him and he doesn't have the fan support that Yzerman did. Lidstrom will finish his career in Detroit because he's a great player, not only because of fan support like Yzerman.

Just shut up. You're being either incredibly stupid or an extreme troll. Either way you're ridiculous.

chooch*

Pretty much echoing many posters here, I'd say:

Hasek
Yzerman
Lidstrom
Chelios

Hasek

and the rest a level or 3 below
Lidstrom,
Chelios,
and the West Division pumpkin, Stevie Izzerman. That guy in his prime was a second line centre at best on any top East team. Give me a break.

Transported Upstater

Hasek

Lidstrom,
Chelios,
and the West Division pumpkin, Stevie Izzerman. That guy in his prime was a second line centre at best on any top East team. Give me a break.

Yes!!! Chooch is back!!!!

chooch*

Most of this I disagree with you on. Hasek is a great goaltender, but he's not a level ahead of Lidstrom and Chelios. As for Stevie Izzerman, well he probably would've been a 2nd line center on any other team, but I guess that would've been better than being the 4th line center on the Red Wings. He was the 4th line center behind Fedorov, Primeau, and Larionov. I think the Red Wings realized he wasn't as good as their other centers and that's why they wanted to trade him so badly. Unfortunately, the fans wanted him to stay so the Red Wings didn't have a choice. They had to keep him. Izzerman is not in the same class as those other three players. They are all elite HOFers, while Izzerman is not.

I agree with you, Izzerman is a myth, like 99, Sittler and Dougie.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I'm not sure I have the right to say this. But, sometimes, we need to become our heroes...

Hasek

Lidstrom,
Chelios,

PUNK!

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Chooch and SGY19 in the same thread? God help us.

To be honest, I had wondered if SGY19 wasn't one of cooch's repressed personalities???? It seemed like too neat a coincidence that the whacky yzerman roxx yzerman suxxx yzerman rules yzerman droolz threads started around the time cooch's parents took away his internet priviledges, or whatever the Hell the blessing was that kept him away.

chooch*

To be honest, I had wondered if SGY19 wasn't one of cooch's repressed personalities???? It seemed like too neat a coincidence that the whacky yzerman roxx yzerman suxxx yzerman rules yzerman droolz threads started around the time cooch's parents took away his internet priviledges, or whatever the Hell the blessing was that kept him away.

Your gattention is flattering (not really) but I am not interested. Please try and stick to hockey..and no more personal messages from you or your mom. ...And please note that players like Coach Gretzky, Denis Savard, Stevie Y, Dooggie Gilmour and Sittlerr were all just West division marketing exercises. Gotcha, baby!

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Your gattention is flattering (not really) but I am not interested. Please try and stick to hockey..and no more personal messages from you or your mom. ...And please note that players like Coach Gretzky, Denis Savard, Stevie Y, Dooggie Gilmour and Sittlerr were all just West division marketing exercises. Gotcha, baby!

Mods - why is he still allowed here? How many of his posts are just flame baiting or character assasination?

chooch*

Mods - why is he still allowed here? How many of his posts are just flame baiting or character assasination?

You mean like "burn Pronger burn"?

I'm willing to take the tough stance - I dont see you coming out against Cherry when he insults Jagr every Saturday and plays up X, the plugger from Kingston?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad