Jamie Lundmark- has done nothing and has zero heart

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Jamie Lundmark

Tim Connolly
Pavel Brendl
Tom Kostopoulos[/QUOTE]

1.) Ryan Malone - Only one year of experience but is a genuine package of skills and strength and size

2.) Branko Radiojevic - Solid two-way game with scoring prowness. Good physically to boot. Very dependable

3.) Radim Vrbata - Proven to be the most offensively capable of the bunch and will have a good chance with Carolina

---- This is imo where the talent level / "provenness" drops off a bit

4.) Mattius Wienhandl - Very talented in the SEL and has great scoring potential and some good NHL experience

5.) Martin Erat - Good scoring potential and has learned to played solidly under Trotz in Nashville

6.) Konstantin Koltsov - Amazing speed and will be an anchor on Pittsburgh's 3rd line for many years

---This is imo another significant dropoff in talent / "provenness"

7.) Taylor Pyatt - Simply because of his package of size, speed and skills. But it is latent and he hasn't proved anything yet

8.) Oleg Saprykin - Somewhat like Pyatt but with less upside but he has proved to be able to be a 4th liner

9.) Juraj Kolnik - Less upside than Saprykin but has proven to be capable in a weak 2nd/3rd line role

10.) Pavel Brendl - Tremondous potential but his time is running out. Bust or boom and he is running out of chances

11.) Tim Connolly - Lots of potential but has some serious injury problems

12.) Jamie Lundmark - Like Brendl, he is running very low on chances. He could be an AHL star though

13.) Tom Kostopolous - Very overrated because of his AHL performance. But this guy is older than the others and has been left unsigned last year by a terrible Pittsburgh squad

14.) Mikko Eloranta - The oldest of the group and imo, he has peaked and he is nothing special

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
1. Ryan Malone
2. Radim Vrbata
3. Martin Erat
4. Oleg Saprykin
5. Mattias Weinhandl
6. Konstantin Koltsov
7. Branko Radivojevic
8. Taylor Pyatt
9. Tim Connolly
10. Jamie Lundmark
11. Jujaj Kolnik
12. Tom Kostopoulos
13. Pavel Brendl

bruins4777*

Kolnik should be soooo much higher his shot is incredible, easily a top tier nhl shot. His hitting is great, he is fantastic on the PK, and just an all around great guy. 1st or 2nd? I think his skating isn't up to par yet, but he is right now a 2nd/3rd liner and a potential star 2nd liner, with improved skating a first liner.

Erat and Malone are probably the two best to me. Erat is one hell of a hard worker and all around threat to the max. Speed is insane in the membrane.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Diaboli said:
My memory isn't that good, but definetely the worst I can recall.

When the second best player (at least at the moment IMO) of the draft is Henrik Zetterberg, who I LOVE, it's not a very deep draft; especially when the level drops so big so fast.

its not even that. The entire 1st round was filled with busts. The sedin's haven't lived up to their billing, stefan sucks for 1st overall, brendl busted.

Patrik Stefan-never lived up
Daniel Sedin-decent, but not as good as billed
Henrik Sedin-decent, but not as good as billed
Pavel Brendl-bust
Tim Connolly-never lived up
Brian Finley-never lived up
Kris Beech-bust
Taylor Pyatt-never lived up
Jamie Lundmark-bust
Branislav Mezei-never lived up
Oleg Saprykin-never hit potential, might.
Denis Shvidki-bust
Jani Rita-never lived up
Jeff Jillson-never lived up
Scott Kelman-should have stuck with baseball
Dave Tanabe-good
Barret Jackman-good
Konstantin Koltsov-good
Kirill Safronov-bust
Barrett Heisten-bust
Nick Boynton-good
Maxime Ouellet-maybe, its taken him a long time to develop
Steve McCarthy-never lived up
Luca Cereda-bust
Mikhail Kuleshov-bust
Martin Havlat-good
Ari Ahonen-see Ouellet
Kristian Kudroc-bust

5 players actually have had an impact in the NHL. The ones where i placed "-never lived up" still could bust. ugly.

UWSaint

Dec 28, 2004
Wisconsin
Agreed that it was a terrible draft year, but to say the Sedins haven't had an impact is a bit much (I'm guessing your 5 impact players were the "good" players). Their arrival coincided with the Canucks making the playoffs again, and they are very responsible players that have always been an asset to Vancouver (if not stars). You were right with your description: decent, but not as good as promised. Havlat excepted, they are the two best forwards from the draft (and I am not forgetting Comrie, who hasn't looked good at all since about January 2003. . . .).

Also, I think Stefan and Connolly have been slowed a bit by injuries. Both I think will end up being top 6 forwards on their respective teams. Stefan had 40 points last year--not terrible. Nothing terrific for 1st and 5th overall, but we aren't looking at another Brian Lawton. . . .

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
UWSaint said:
Agreed that it was a terrible draft year, but to say the Sedins haven't had an impact is a bit much (I'm guessing your 5 impact players were the "good" players). Their arrival coincided with the Canucks making the playoffs again, and they are very responsible players that have always been an asset to Vancouver (if not stars). You were right with your description: decent, but not as good as promised. Havlat excepted, they are the two best forwards from the draft (and I am not forgetting Comrie, who hasn't looked good at all since about January 2003. . . .).

Also, I think Stefan and Connolly have been slowed a bit by injuries. Both I think will end up being top 6 forwards on their respective teams. Stefan had 40 points last year--not terrible. Nothing terrific for 1st and 5th overall, but we aren't looking at another Brian Lawton. . . .
Agreed. When they aren't producing, they work the corners so well, and are both very solid defensive players..not one-dimensional guys.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Evilo said:
And Beech isn't a bust just yet. He's tearing it up in the AHL this year.

So is Steve Maltais.

So I guess there's hope for him, too?

Simon Gamache only trails Jason Spezza for the scoring lead by 4 points...yet everyoen constantly predicts he'll never play in the NHL, either. Unfortunately, the AHL isn't always the best measuring stick.

Taze

Jan 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
What I've seen them playing live in SM-league. I'd take Eloranta over that whining pos Malone anyday and twice on Sunday.

If Malone is best of the group, I never wanna see the others.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Taze said:
What I've seen them playing live in SM-league. I'd take Eloranta over that whining pos Malone anyday and twice on Sunday.

put your ear to the ground. you hear that?

that's the sound of Evilo, and he's on the warpath. He'll be here, shortly :eek:

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
nomorekids said:

that's the sound of Evilo, and he's on the warpath. He'll be here, shortly :eek:

Well Malone is a great player when he wants to be one. But you just really can´t compare Eloranta and Malone. Malone is clearly an offensive player while Mikko works his ass off in the rink.

I don´t think it´s fair to compare players when they have to adjust to new leagues. Stefan was called a complete bust here earlier and Steve Kariya really isn´t a guy I´d take to my NHL team. But look what they have done in Finland. While Malone got frustrated to his game and left the country gathering a few points are Stefan and Kariya going a point per match.

But when the lockout is over the points will probably go vice versa. Malone will get his game going again and enjoy his high salary and big city with not so gloomy nights. Stefan might get a boost to his game but Steve will just get killed out there if he ever plays in the National hockey league.

But I still don´t understand Malone´s decision to go and play in Italy (no effence Albi). Why would a guy like him go there and completely dominate the league (which I think will happen)? In his position I would have tried the Swiss league and the German elite league way before Italy. Well it ´s his decision. Let´s just hope he didn´t think it was all sunny and warm in Italy right now. :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
nomorekids said:
So is Steve Maltais.

So I guess there's hope for him, too?

Simon Gamache only trails Jason Spezza for the scoring lead by 4 points...yet everyoen constantly predicts he'll never play in the NHL, either. Unfortunately, the AHL isn't always the best measuring stick.
Except none has the potential or size of Beech.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
nomorekids said:

Hurray soldiers, there's one finn guy that thinks he knows Malone because of a couple of finn games!!!!

Malone DOES work his ass off as much as Eloranta does. And he adds offensive talent and creativity to the mix.
I'll also point out he's a clutch player (OT winners for instance).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Streaker-man said:
But I still don´t understand Malone´s decision to go and play in Italy (no effence Albi). Why would a guy like him go there and completely dominate the league (which I think will happen)? In his position I would have tried the Swiss league and the German elite league way before Italy. Well it ´s his decision. Let´s just hope he didn´t think it was all sunny and warm in Italy right now. :D
Why would he try hard and risk an injury in Finland?
His goal is NHL hockey. He might as well remain competitive by dominating in Italy for all I care.

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
Evilo said:
Hurray soldiers, there's one finn guy that thinks he knows Malone because of a couple of finn games!!!!

Malone DOES work his ass off as much as Eloranta does. And he adds offensive talent and creativity to the mix.
I'll also point out he's a clutch player (OT winners for instance).

Personally, I think everyone has the right to say his/her own honest opinion. No need to question any thoughts.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Nimrods Son said:
Malone is definately the cream of the crop there.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Erat scored more points than Malone did last year. I know Erat has been in the league for one and a half more years, but he's two years younger. He scored more points with considerably less ice time (around 4 minutes less per game overall, 20 second less per game on the PP). All told, Malone played 400 minutes more than Erat overall (or around 20 games more using 20 minutes per game as the ice time guide) and 43 more minutes (or around 43 more PP's using 1 minute per PP as the guide).

Malone has him beat in size, but at almost a full two years older, does it make him that much better?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Despite Malone showing piss-poor attitude when playing in Finland, he plays a much more complete game than Erat so while he *might* have less potential offensively, he's better player as a whole.

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Taze said:

Interesting....it's a real shame you didn't see him in the NHL. He was excellent.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
bruins4777 said:
Kolnik should be soooo much higher his shot is incredible, easily a top tier nhl shot. His hitting is great, he is fantastic on the PK, and just an all around great guy. 1st or 2nd? I think his skating isn't up to par yet, but he is right now a 2nd/3rd liner and a potential star 2nd liner, with improved skating a first liner.

Erat and Malone are probably the two best to me. Erat is one hell of a hard worker and all around threat to the max. Speed is insane in the membrane.

Kolnik is a very good skater :teach: , extremely quick and agile. His size is the only thing holding him back from being a top line or 2nd line NHLer. He is very much above average skater for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad