Rank these 2005 Draft prospect

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
superroyain10 said:
Hmm, he's probably gained some weight since the last time I saw him. I still think he needs to add more muscle (but then again, I pretty much think that about every prospect :)). In regards to the hype, I am sure Lindgren can become a quality NHLer, but HFboards tends to portray these "flavor of the month" prospects as future superstars, which might unfairly augment someone's expectations of Lindgren.
I'm just going by what he's listed as at hockeydb. I don't think anyone is projecting him as any superstar type player. That too would be wrong. IMO he should be projected as a potential 1st/2nd line center(something the Stars sorely lack) in the mold of someone like Saku Koivu.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Oshie would be a top 5 pick if they did the draft again. I have been so impressed with every game I have seen with him. He is easily the most noticable player on the ice in every game he is in. Great skater, tenacious fore-checker, and has a ton of skill to boot.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Chaos said:
I'm just going by what he's listed as at hockeydb. I don't think anyone is projecting him as any superstar type player. That too would be wrong. IMO he should be projected as a potential 1st/2nd line center(something the Stars sorely lack) in the mold of someone like Saku Koivu.

Yeah, I am just saying that HFboards might be appreciating him a bit too much

And you try and tell Montreal fans that Koivu isn't a superstar ;)

At this point, even projecting him to be like Saku Koivu may be a bit optimistic. Anyone who gets to regularly see him have any comments?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
superroyain10 said:
Yeah, I am just saying that HFboards might be appreciating him a bit too much

And you try and tell Montreal fans that Koivu isn't a superstar ;)

At this point, even projecting him to be like Saku Koivu may be a bit optimistic. Anyone who gets to regularly see him have any comments?
True. Im just saying he plays the same style as Koivu.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
superroyain10 said:
Y so low on Gragnani?

Because I like the other guys better :)

Jonathan Quick is from my area as well so I had to put him up there ;)

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
MaDdY said:
I saw Kalus at training camp last year and i was impressed. Im kinda surprised he's not with the big club right now. He can be a good third line center. From what i saw he had good hands and speed.

Is he in Boston's plan ??

Yes he is, he may be with Boston next season to see if he can win a spot. Could develop into a scoring line guy or a solid checking winger.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
superroyain10 said:
I'll admit that maybe "severely" was too strong a word, but he is still lacking in areas that a #1 center should be a master of. To better put it, in comparison to his offensive talents, his other skills have ways to go. He excels in the offensive zone and possesses many natural talents, but he could improve his skating some, add muscle for endurance, and improve his smartness in the defensive zone. #1 centers need to have a very solid grasp of the transitional game; good enough to play the penalty kill. He is also learning how to make the smartest decisions with the puck, another essential for a #1 center. And I don't think those qualities are something that develop "in time"; Oshie has to consciously work towards them. At this point in his development, I would have liked to have seen a bit more improvement in those areas. But considering Oshie's work ethic, I'd bet he'll eventually achieve them.
;) He's played a year in college? Yep - by some people's standards here, he's a bust.

For the record, I don't see him as a #1 center. I know people see he was drafted at 24 and apparently think, "Ah - then he must be a 1st-liner." He's not. He'll be very solid on the 2nd line, I don't know if he'll be at center or at right wing (where he played quite a bit this season for UND). It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up on the wing with the Blues putting a Carl Soderberg at center (6' 3" or so) on Oshie's line instead.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Abyss said:
T.J. Oshie
Perttu Lindgren
Paul Stastny
Petr Kalus
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Marc-Andre Cliche
Jonathan Quick
Shea Guthrie
Marc-Andre Gragnani

you havn't seen Gragnani have you?

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
insider said:
you havn't seen Gragnani have you?

um, no I haven't :teach:

why? with the way people seem to be jumping at me apparently he is a future Norris winner? I don't think he should be near the top 3 on that list, and if I'd move him anywhere it'd still be after Vlasic.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
not a future norris winner, but he is underrated. Without him, PEI would've been fighting with Rimouski for last spot in the league. He WAS their team this year, his stats are amazing playing with no one but Trukhno. I've seen him play my team often, and I think he was up there with Yandle and Vlasic for Dman of the year in the Q.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
well I'll wait until he is in the AHL or NHL before I make any judgements, as I find it hard to determine players value compared to others when they are in the QMJHL...thats just me.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Irish Blues said:
;) He's played a year in college? Yep - by some people's standards here, he's a bust.

For the record, I don't see him as a #1 center. I know people see he was drafted at 24 and apparently think, "Ah - then he must be a 1st-liner." He's not. He'll be very solid on the 2nd line, I don't know if he'll be at center or at right wing (where he played quite a bit this season for UND). It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up on the wing with the Blues putting a Carl Soderberg at center (6' 3" or so) on Oshie's line instead.

I didn't rate him a #1 center because of his draft position. Why would I; if you look at past precedent, most 20-30 positions become 2nd/third liners. I think a player of Oshie's ilk has the POTENTIAL to be a #1 center.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
superroyain10 said:
I didn't rate him a #1 center because of his draft position. Why would I; if you look at past precedent, most 20-30 positions become 2nd/third liners. I think a player of Oshie's ilk has the POTENTIAL to be a #1 center.
I said "people see ...", not "you see ..." - big difference.

Does he have the potential to be a #1? Yes, but he'd be *much* more effective as a #2. But I still maintain that he may not end up at center in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->