Rank the 5 most legendary teams in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

I saw that on his biography on the Biography channel.

He should have been in the top 10 greatest Canadians; definitely more deserving than Cherry.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
The team of the last decade, if you count from now backwards (1994-2004) is obviously the New Jersey Devils. But if we're speaking of the nineties as a total decade, Detroit has the longest claim to greatness and Pittsburgh, Colorado both have dibs on parts of it.

They all pale in comparison to the eighties Oilers and seventies Habs in my memory.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
MacDaddy Version 1.3 said:

He should have been in the top 10 greatest Canadians; definitely more deserving than Cherry.

That list was a joke. Mercer? Avril Lavign? God.

Sadly Trudeau will probably win, which is a pitty, only doing for half the country shouldn't make him "great".

MacDaddy TLC*

Terry Fox will win (I have to have faith in my fellow Canadians to vote this the right way!!)

and Mcphee, hi jacking threads happens all the time here, mostly for negative reasons. Talking about how great Beliveau is is not a bad diversion, maybe one that deserved its own thread.

KOVALEV10*

Terry Fox will win (I have to have faith in my fellow Canadians to vote this the right way!!)

and Mcphee, hi jacking threads happens all the time here, mostly for negative reasons. Talking about how great Beliveau is is not a bad diversion, maybe one that deserved its own thread.

Nah I actually like when people talk about Jean Beliveau and how good he was. But im a habs fan so call me bias if you want. :)

OOPPSSS I HIJACKED MY OWN THREAD :lol:

MacDaddy TLC*

Yep, this is a sure sign of the Armageddon--- Leafs fans and Habs fans collaborating on how great Jean Beliveau is to hijack a thread. We are supposed to be starting pissing contests to send threads into tailspins!

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
You can connect the dots and make an arguement that Beliveau played a role in The Leafs 3 straight cups in the early 60's. The Imlach Leafs were a great example of right coach in right place at right time, much like the Shero Flyers now that I think about it. Imlach coached Beliveau in Quebec[Senior League] and without the spotlight on that team in the 50's, who knows if Imlach would have progressed and gotten the Toronto job ? A reach, but history is filled with these. My daughter used to joke and use the line from Anne of Green Gables, fortuitous providence [?] I believe. Damn you Beliveau, look what you've done ?

Superfluous U

Jan 15, 2004
At a Stone Prison on a Hill

I heard that Cherry got in as a joke. A bunch of people thought this whole program was a terrible idea and organized a big drive to vote for Cherry. Can't vouch for the accuracy of that, but I really hope so, because that's terrible otherwise.

Also, much as I like Terry Fox and respect what he did, I'm going to go with Pearson.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
1. 1977 Montreal Canadiens
2. 1976 Philadelphia Flyers
3. 1996 Detroit Red Wings
4. 1984 Edmonton Oilers
5. 1980 New York Islanders

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
1. Montreal - Unbeleivable past, among the best of all sports orginizations in the world.
2. Toronto - And to think, 1967 is the last time they won. I think they were neck and neck with Montreal at that time too.
3. Detroit - 50's, 97-98, etc.
4. Edmonton - They were probably the most publicized hockey team in their day. They were probably a team that caused more people to be fans of the nhl than any other team.
5. Boston - Just ahead of New york

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->