Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Rank the prospects ALREADY drafted on these teams based on:
1) Potential
2) Probabilty of impact NHLer

London:
Perry, Schremp, Bolland, Fritsche, Kell, Methot, Prust, Coleman (forgot Hunter)

Kitchener:
Richards, Valabik, McGrath .... I dunno who else is already drafted (keefe?, clarkson?)

If I missed any player that was drafted in '03 or '04 please add them. DO NOT ADD DRAFT ELIGIBLE players please.

1. Potential
Schremp
Richards
Perry
Fritsche
Bolland
McGrath
Valabik/Hunter
Prust
Methot
Coleman
Kell

2. Probability of Impact NHLer
Richards
Fritsche/Bolland
Bolland/Fritsche (very close - being drafted on weak forward teams)
Perry/Schremp
Schremp/Perry (again very hard to tell who has higher probability of impact NHLer, although w/ NHL supposedly opening up offensively the probability will increase, especially w/ Schremp on PP - well Perry for that matter)
McGrath
Prust (Sutter said he was close to NHL ready after draft day '04.)
Hunter
Methot (not much depth in CLB)
Valabik
Coleman
Kell

If Clarkson and Keefe were drafted they'd be just above or below Kell.

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't know about ranking them, but if I could pick amongst them for my NHL team, the short list would be:
1. Richards
2. Perry
3. Fritsche
4. Bolland
5. Prust
6. Schremp
7. McGrath / Valabik
... among drafted players anyway. But Kitchener in particular has lots of undrafted guys who might slide into that list starting at #5. And I wouldn't hesitate very long in drafting Syvret in the late rounds or signing Benoit, just to roll the dice and add some depth on the farm. :dunno:

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
DaveyCrockett said:
I can't wait to see what Perry can do in the AHL and NHL.

I wonder if Edmonton wishes they had done the Comrie deal with Anaheim now that they have Schremp. Might not be too bad bringing both Perry and Schremp along together, although there is a lot of disagreement on whether either of them are going to be able to produce at the NHL level.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
salzy said:
I wonder if Edmonton wishes they had done the Comrie deal with Anaheim now that they have Schremp. Might not be too bad bringing both Perry and Schremp along together, although there is a lot of disagreement on whether either of them are going to be able to produce at the NHL level.

As an Oilers fan I'm still happy with the Woywitka deal, though Perry has improved his game other then the offense department. I think Perry will be a solid 2nd liner that can easily get into the first line. What I like about his game this season compared to the previous is his willingness to go into the corners and battle it out.

Woywitka has been a little bit of a let down, then again the whole RR has been somewhat of a let down this season. Woywitka did pick up his game a fair bit towards the later part of the season, but when the gates opened, he was still in the stall. At the time of the trade the Oilers needed a puck moving dman in the system other then Brewer and Woywitka has the potential... Now he's no Barker or Seabrook, but the guy can do a little of everything.

Schremp IMO is exactly what the Oilers need - a sniper. He's got a lot to work ahead of him (defensive game), but I like his passion for the game - something that past highly skill prospects in the past that the Oil drafted lacked. Next year will be a huge learning curve for Schremp, I'm sure with half the supporting cast leaving the Knights club, him and Bolland will have alot of ice time.Time will tell, but I like how he's been progressing.

GXL

Dallas

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
salzy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Oilers use the pick they got from the Comrie deal with Philly to select Schremp? If that is the case, then there is no way the Oilers could have had both Schremp and Perry, because if they had traded Comrie for Perry, they wouldn't have had the pick to take Schremp.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
dallas81838 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Oilers use the pick they got from the Comrie deal with Philly to select Schremp? If that is the case, then there is no way the Oilers could have had both Schremp and Perry, because if they had traded Comrie for Perry, they wouldn't have had the pick to take Schremp.

Ducks offered Perry + 1st for Comrie so they would have gotten Schremp if they had wanted him, Oilers fans like to claim that they would have picked Stafford had they gotten Duck's pick which was higher than Philly's but that's pure speculation.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
dallas81838 said:

They would have gotten Perry and Anaheim's first round pick.

so they could have had Perry and Smid or Perry and Schremp instead of Woywitka and Schremp. ( I think they get a 2005 3rd from Phily as well)

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
GorillazXL said:
As an Oilers fan I'm still happy with the Woywitka deal, though Perry has improved his game other then the offense department.

I agree with you - I'd take Woywitka over Perry. It's still questionable if either of them will be impact players in the NHL, so I say go with the defenseman.

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
dallas81838 said:

Perhaps. I thought they took Schremp with their own pick in the teens and then Philly's was in the high 20's. Could be wrong though.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
salzy said:
Perhaps. I thought they took Schremp with their own pick in the teens and then Philly's was in the high 20's. Could be wrong though.

Yeah - you're wrong. Dubnyk was picked with there own pick at 15... Schremp with Philly's latter.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Pepper said:
Ducks offered Perry + 1st for Comrie so they would have gotten Schremp if they had wanted him, Oilers fans like to claim that they would have picked Stafford had they gotten Duck's pick which was higher than Philly's but that's pure speculation.

Can we please stay on the topic of the Kitchener and London prospects ranking?
We can debate the Perry/Schremp/Smid/Wyowitka in another thread.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
It is my opinion (that I stole from people that matter) that Perry might not be the NHL player that he is in the O.

He will have to work HARD to keep his conditioning at a top level, and will need extreme improvments in mental toughness.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Pepper said:
I'm not sure how much of it's speculation... The Oilers and Panthers had a deal worked out to switch first rounders if Olesz was already taken. He was, but the Oilers had planned to take Stafford if they'd had the pick.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
If I was picking who I wanted on my NHL team the most here's the order:
1. Richards
2. Schremp
3. Bolland
4. Perry
5. Prust
6. McGrath
7. Valabik
8. Fritsche
9. Kell
10. Methot

Vast Ant Dioi

Jun 16, 2003
Xunantunich
thenewnhl.blogspot.com
DaaaaB's said:
If I was picking who I wanted on my NHL team the most here's the order:
1. Richards
2. Schremp
3. Bolland
4. Perry
5. Prust
6. McGrath
7. Valabik
8. Fritsche
9. Kell
10. Methot

Prust over Fritsche? I'm a Flames fan and I like Prust but I would take Fritsche any day of the week over Prust.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Vast Ant Dioi said:
Prust over Fritsche? I'm a Flames fan and I like Prust but I would take Fritsche any day of the week over Prust.

I would take Fritsche over anyone on that list except for Richards and perhaps Schremp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->