Rank D from 2003 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
bruins4777 said:
I have seen him like twice? I just wasn't impressed. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't do much that was really impressiv...i probably caught him on bad games and i haven't heard much about him and i haven't read about him as much as others...so its probably just more of a thing that i dont' know as much about him.
The only time you could have seen him was last year at the WJC and without TSN that isn't possible. I seen Ramholt a full season in Cape Breton and he has everything a defensmen needs to be a #2 NHL defensmen.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
HI! Just thought I'd stop by again...

this time I'm looking for someone who's seen a lot of Houston games this season. How's Burns doing? Could he climb the ladder in this group quickly when he gets permanently settled a defence? There was a lot of talk about him at the start of the season but it cooled off. Either way his numbers look terrific for a junior age player but I'm looking for more than numbers. Thx.

Also, where do Kyle Quincey, Alexandre Picard and Nathan Saunders fit in this group? I'd take either one of them over 4 John Doherty's at the moment.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
mazmin said:
this time I'm looking for someone who's seen a lot of Houston games this season. How's Burns doing? Could he climb the ladder in this group quickly when he gets permanently settled a defence? There was a lot of talk about him at the start of the season but it cooled off. Either way his numbers look terrific for a junior age player but I'm looking for more than numbers. Thx.

I saw him when the aeros played Grand Rapids here in MN...ya, I'm not what you asked for, but tough titty...pm doobiedoobiedoo, he's seen a bunch of games...but Burns is real solid now...his numbers could be better, but its not his fault, Houston just lacks a guy who will clean up loose rebounds etc...I believe Burns is leading the team in shots...Anyway, I saw a couple games last year after he was switched to D, and you can see that he is making great strides this year...skates very very well for his frame, and the kid is still growing...when its all said and done I think he's a top pairing dman...probably a #2 guy or so

I just think that he isn't getting the credit he deserves, the kids proven he can play at a higher level...

bruins4777*

Jason MacIsaac said:
The only time you could have seen him was last year at the WJC and without TSN that isn't possible. I seen Ramholt a full season in Cape Breton and he has everything a defensmen needs to be a #2 NHL defensmen.
I have friends in vancouver.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
mazmin said:
HI! Just thought I'd stop by again...

Also, where do Kyle Quincey, Alexandre Picard and Nathan Saunders fit in this group? I'd take either one of them over 4 John Doherty's at the moment.
I really like Picard from the Mooseheads. I still think he has probably one of the highest ceilings out of QMJHL defensmen. He is big, plays physical is excellent defensivly and can rush the puck.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Can somebody please explain to me why people think Coburn's stock is falling? I've seen plenty of him, and he impresses me nearly all the time. He was, for the second straight year, ranked the best pro prospect in the WHL's Western Conference in the annual Best in the West poll that surveys players, coaches, GMs and media personnel in the WHL WC. I still see a lot of Mattias Ohlund in him: very well rounded, smart, solid positionally, quiet but intense, good first pass, moves well but not a spectacular skater, and big. He just needs to be a little bit more physical. I still see him as the clear second best prospect in the WHL, drafted or undrafted.

bruins4777*

Splatman Phanutier said:
??? He played in the Q.
They taped games for me off of TSN at the WJC and people have the ability to drive and so forth.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
It's good to see that no one is high on Danny Richmond, I have no idea why this kid was taken at #31. Weak on the puck, awful defensively, nicknamed "Captain Giveaway" last season by Knights fans. Not particularly big or strong and offensive upside is limited. I have no idea what the 'Canes saw in him... especially considering Shea Weber was still available.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
sec17 said:
It's good to see that no one is high on Danny Richmond, I have no idea why this kid was taken at #31. Weak on the puck, awful defensively, nicknamed "Captain Giveaway" last season by Knights fans. Not particularly big or strong and offensive upside is limited. I have no idea what the 'Canes saw in him... especially considering Shea Weber was still available.

Well,he did have a good season (offensively) with London last year, was named to and was a key contributor to the gold medal winning U.S. WJC team, and has 12 points and is a +4 as a rookie in the AHL this year. He's got speed to burn and is an excellent puck mover. I think Canes will find a spot for him.

Last edited:

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Jason MacIsaac said:
I really like Picard from the Mooseheads. I still think he has probably one of the highest ceilings out of QMJHL defensmen. He is big, plays physical is excellent defensivly and can rush the puck.
Any thoughts on his teammate Jimmy Sharrow?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The Maltais Falcon said:
Any thoughts on his teammate Jimmy Sharrow?

There's some good stuff on the Thrashers board about him, specifically in the thread about the defensemen in the organization. From what I've read, he's seemed to improve defensively while being a force offensively (top ten in the Q in d-man scoring). He's a great skater and puck mover, but needs to get stronger and put on some weight as he's pretty slighl.

Phanuthier*

bruins4777 said:
They taped games for me off of TSN at the WJC and people have the ability to drive and so forth.
They drive from Vancouver to Cape Breton regularly to watch Tim Ramholt play?

Man do I ever wish I had that much time on my hands.

bruins4777*

Splatman Phanutier said:

not regularly just on occasion.

i could be wrong about the guy. My one friend loves ramholt, but meh its just my opinion. Like i said i probably didn't see him enough or caught him on so so games.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Splatman Phanutier said:

Smells fishy to me?

(better mod man)?

bruins4777*

Jason MacIsaac said:
I don't like Sharrow as much. Picard is more solid allround. Sharrow still looks like a forward playign defense.
Jason how much potential do you think he has? Do you think he has the potential to play solid defense? As a thrasher fan i'd really like to know how good you think he can be

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
bruins4777 said:
As a thrasher fan i'd really like to know how good you think he can be
In the past two days I've heard you've refered to yourself as a Bruins fan, a Predators fan, and a Thrashers fan.

You also have friends in Vancouver who drive across one of the biggest countries in the world to see Tim Ramholt play.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Rabid Ranger said:
Well,he did have a good season (offensively) with London last year, was named to and was a key contributor to the gold medal winning U.S. WJC team, and has 12 points and is a +4 as a rookie in the AHL this year. He's got speed to burn and is an excellent puck mover. I think Canes will find a spot for him.

I like Richmond. I think he was a risky pick with some very interesting upside. And from the way he was described to me and his size, I was pleasantly surprised by his physical game when I saw him.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Belle

having seen Belle only at last year's WJC, I am not sure why the knock on him. He played it safe as he should given the talent on that team. He accepted his role and was solid throughout. Is he going to be a top 2 d-man , no. Can he be a guy that can physically handle big forwards in front of the net and play a bunch of minutes, I think so. The stars have puckmovers now and for the future (Fransson, Daley, Zubov). I imagine the stars are quite happy with Belle at this point.

leafaholix*

Starsdude said:
having seen Belle only at last year's WJC, I am not sure why the knock on him. He played it safe as he should given the talent on that team. He accepted his role and was solid throughout. Is he going to be a top 2 d-man , no. Can he be a guy that can physically handle big forwards in front of the net and play a bunch of minutes, I think so. The stars have puckmovers now and for the future (Fransson, Daley, Zubov). I imagine the stars are quite happy with Belle at this point.
Belle is effective when he limits himself to a defensive defenseman.

Otherwise he's a liability if he's trying to be too offensive, because he doesn't have the offensive skills or the head to play the puck in an attacking mode. If he plays a defensive role, he'll be a good #5/6 defenseman in the NHL because of his size, strength, and skating.

Phanuthier*

bruins4777 said:
not regularly just on occasion.

i could be wrong about the guy. My one friend loves ramholt, but meh its just my opinion. Like i said i probably didn't see him enough or caught him on so so games.
Man alive, what is the milage on that guy's car now?

Phanuthier*

Just wondering bruins7777, your buddy doesn't by any chance have the same opinion of TIm Ramhold as you do, does he?

Because if he does, I can't see him driving periodically back and forth across the country to watch him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->