Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Bonzai said:
Carter is first, Fehr is probably last. Fehr is physical in that he uses his size to his advantage to protect/reach the puck, but you won't see him lay any great hits.

Carter, Physical? Are you talking about the same Jeff Carter I saw play vs the Chicago Wolves? Hell of a talent? Yes....Phyiscal?? nooo.

Ryan Getzlaf
Andrew Ladd
Alexandre Picard
Thomas Vanek (ability in traffic and taking a pounding)
Jeff Carter
Corey Perry
Eric Fehr

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Carter, Physical? Are you talking about the same Jeff Carter I saw play vs the Chicago Wolves? Hell of a talent? Yes....Phyiscal?? nooo.

i thought he was being billed as some kind of great powerforward (I haven't seen him play)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
X-SHARKIE said:
Ryan Getzlaf
Andrew Ladd
Alexandre Picard
Jeff Carter
Corey Perry
Eric Fehr
I second this list. Perry can be a bit feisty at times, so depending on what games you see Carter/Perry/Fehr could be interchangeable at the bottom. Getzlaf and Ladd could be interchangeable at the top. Picard is #3. Vanek... I'll accept what you say, since I haven't seen enough of him to have a clue.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Levitate said:
i thought he was being billed as some kind of great powerforward (I haven't seen him play)
No, he's not a power forward at all. His game is about speed and skill. His best attributes are proabably his skating and his wrist shot, both are elite.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
hmm, then someone was talking BS, cuz I'm definatly sure I read someone talking about him and how he was gonna be a great powerforward or something. ah well, people make mistakes ;)

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
X-SHARKIE said:

Ryan Getzlaf
Andrew Ladd
Alexandre Picard
Jeff Carter
Corey Perry
Eric Fehr

That looks about right.

Ladd always seems to lead with his butt... which looks kinda funny when you are not a Dman... but at least he is willing.

When Getzlaf get's nasty I have seen him put some guys under.(Shudder). He takes hit's well too (just not Phaneuf blows to the head).

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
X-SHARKIE said:
Ryan Getzlaf
Andrew Ladd
Alexandre Picard
Jeff Carter
Corey Perry
Eric Fehr
I've never seen Vanek or Picard but have seen all the others play and I would slot them in fairly closely except to possibly put Ladd at #1 and Getzlaf at #2. Ladd is a bruiser and and loves the physical game. It seems fun for him. Getzlaf is physical because he has a huge attitude on the ice, he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder.

From what I've seen Perry and Fehr are far from physical at all.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:

Ryan Getzlaf
Andrew Ladd
Alexandre Picard
Jeff Carter
Corey Perry
Eric Fehr

That list looks goods to me as well.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Gags1288 said:
No, he's not a power forward at all. His game is about speed and skill. His best attributes are proabably his skating and his wrist shot, both are elite.

Jeff Carter hasnt filled out to his frame yet. He may become more physical as he gets older. jmo

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
jcorb58 said:
Jeff Carter hasnt filled out to his frame yet. He may become more physical as he gets older. jmo
I'll be surprised if he does... it's never been a part of his game. In juniors, he was the same size or bigger than the rest of the league and wasn't a physical player. As someone said earlier, his skill lies in his speed, his shot, and his smarts.

jaffner87

Aug 9, 2005
Calgary
Aaron Vickers said:
Only speaking on Getzlaf and Ladd, Ladd is definitely the more physical of the two. Getzlaf only gets physical if someone gets under his skin and irritates him.

I agree with you. While both are physical players, Getzlaf tends to be... moody, for lack of a better word. Overall, I'd say that Ladd is more physical based on consistency.

AgentNaslund*

where is Ryan Kesler? That guy crushes opositions into the boards like no tommorow.

Oilers1*

Levitate said:
hmm, then someone was talking BS, cuz I'm definatly sure I read someone talking about him and how he was gonna be a great powerforward or something. ah well, people make mistakes ;)

He's a powerforward in the way that Ottawa fans call Hossa a powerforward and Toronto fans call Sundin a powerforward.

He's big, strong on his skates and hard to knock off balance when he's skating, but he's definately not going to lay anyone out. IMO, his game is, in fact, very comparable to Sundin's.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Laraque27 said:
He's a powerforward in the way that Ottawa fans call Hossa a powerforward and Toronto fans call Sundin a powerforward.

He's big, strong on his skates and hard to knock off balance when he's skating, but he's definately not going to lay anyone out. IMO, his game is, in fact, very comparable to Sundin's.

More Modano than Sundin. Sundin can and does lay some pretty nasty hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad