Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Idk how to properly post tweets but this is always a positive sign for a team that advanced less than 24 hours ago.
I suspect the team made their offer and gave the coach until the beginning of the playoffs to sign. Build a positive narrative going into the playoffs. But probably the coach wants to go free agent or maybe even has something lined up already. So he rejected the offer.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Posted this in response to someone using the slur nickname for our team on the Stanley Cup Board.

“Isn’t this a silly game?
New York Rangers: takeaway the New York and the n, e, r and you get the “Rags”. The mods say that’s cool to use on the main board.
For me it opens an ugly door. Much like the “Broken Window Theory”.
But it can be applied to many teams.
Hurricanes: takeaway the h, 1r, c, a and you get “Urines”.
Welcome to your new nickname Carolina Urine fans.”
lol they’ll never be the Hurricanes to me again.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Or simply loo-k at the logo
7BB5AF75-4979-4E68-ABB5-A8CDA7C4DE6C.jpeg

This has been my profile pic on discord since the 2022 series

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Carolina's a good team, not gonna pretend otherwise. Not even gonna say "haha we own them look at the recent records" because teams are slightly different and the Rangers just barely beat them 2 years ago in the playoffs.

'Canes play a style that looks a lot better than the Rangers, grades out a lot better, and the Rangers play a style that's more opportunistic and doesn't grade out well but has served them pretty well over the past several years. SO what's better? f*** it I dunno, but I do know the Rangers don't quit easy and is getting overlooked for stupid reasons.
It's a bit of a dice role at this stage in the game and the Rangers have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the east at this point. Zibanejad played well, Shesterkin playing well, defense solid, Trocheck on a tear...if Panarin builds on that first round and asserts himself as the gamechanger he is then the Rangers have good odds. Even better if the 3rd line pops in more goals.

I mean, I like huge buts I can't deny

You can be sure I'm focusing on them
Trocheck was a top 3 player for them last time we met in the postseason.
I’m glad he’s on our side this go around.
I think guys like martoonik/noesen etc can be sleeper postseason guys.
Kotkaneiemi/kuz/TDA/Burns even Skjei
Aren’t guys that scream out to me to do what it takes to win a long playoff series.
Svech even seems to get incredibly frustrated when we play them…
Jarvis might shit his pants knowing Trouba may level him again……
Fast is out, Joe Pesci playing on 1 leg……..
Call me crazy, but I like our guys more….
Aho/Guentzel/and Slavin are their 3 I worry about.
Contain the Aho line, rangers will take the series

Last edited:
Reactions: bhamill

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
You know what I mean. Even without Pesce they have Slavin and Burns. Are Skjei and Orlov worse than what we have?

That's a lot of guys on D with a lot of mileage. Personally, I do prefer our young D that still have plenty of experience and seem to be raising their game as the season progresses. Schneider and Miller were a brick wall against the Caps.

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
I briefly visited the Canes forum.

"I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult."

So basically Carolina winnning in 5 or less is certain. Also, injuring Rempe should be a priority and targeting his knees seems to be the way to do it. Additionally l, Chytil should go to the morgue. Also (and quite ironically, coming from those same people) Rangers have the most despicable fan base of all teams in the NHL.

They really are insufferable. Just sweep those morons. I know it is unlikely, but just do it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

"I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult."

So basically Carolina winnning in 5 or less is certain. Also, injuring Rempe should be a priority and targeting his knees seems to be the way to do it. Additionally l, Chytil should go to the morgue. Also (and quite ironically, coming from those same people) Rangers have the most despicable fan base of all teams in the NHL.

They really are insufferable. Just sweep those morons. I know it is unlikely, but just do it.

Carolina's whole organization is a bunch of whiney entitled bitches. Look at how their team twitter account reacted to winning a 1st round series. Absolutely classless. In a league that puts an alleged premium on class (handsake line, an end of season award dedicated to it, etc.) its no surprise to see them piss all over it. Par for the course.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Posted this in response to someone using the slur nickname for our team on the Stanley Cup Board.

“Isn’t this a silly game?
New York Rangers: takeaway the New York and the n, e, r and you get the “Rags”. The mods say that’s cool to use on the main board.
For me it opens an ugly door. Much like the “Broken Window Theory”.
But it can be applied to many teams.
Hurricanes: takeaway the h, 1r, c, a and you get “Urines”.
Welcome to your new nickname Carolina Urine fans.”
Admins opened that door years ago. A decision I still to this day STRONGLY disagree with. Use that shit on this board, though, and watch what happens.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

People hate our fanbase because their whole arena is blue for home playoff games.

The Knicks are getting the same heat right now.

I don't know what to tell you, New York is bigger than you.

download (1).jpg

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
People use “Rags” here all the time. I hate that one and “Rongos”. Actually I find childish insult names pretty stupid in all cases.
Rongos is an old MS Paint meme shibboleth that dates back many years now, as well. It's just a way for people to say, "I was here when."

Anyone who says Rags in here is not a fan of this team. Period. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad