Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Igor is gonna have to go sicko mode for us to beat Carolina. Guentzel and a little secondary offense from Coke boy was exactly what they've been missing.

Time to steal a series Igor. It hasn't happened yet

Kuznetzov has been awful. They’re already talking about how they’re going to get out of that contract

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes, you have to explain it, especially if we get Chytil back for the series.
Really? I think a bottom 6 of say Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko, Vesey-Wennberg-Goodrow/Rempe would match up very well against them.
Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko combined for 1 goal and it was a gift. That's the production I expect from them. We have a whole line incapable of scoring.

The Hurricanes have Martin Necas on their 3rd line and Evgeny Kuznetsov on their 4th line. While our 4th line had their moments, the bottom six is a huge mismatch and Goodrow is not going to keep up close to a PPG pace.

Elsewhere, Panarin has had three poor series in a row in terms of production and Lafreniere has 2 goals in 31 playoff games. If they step it up, my perception changes, but we can't assume that.

We have an advantage on D and in goal but these forward corps match up brutally for us.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not high-end talent but they have the best depth in the league. Our bottom six really isn't good.

I think as soon as chytil gets in there this is not even close. We’ve been holding him out but he’s ready. Goodrow come playoff time is a beast. Kakko with chytil and whoever will be better than there third line easily. Just like it was 2 years ago. Vesey on our 4th line has more goals than most guys on teams 2nd lines. Wennberg could be our 4th line center at thst point.

Jesper Fast done for the year hurts them too

But on top of that man for man our Dmen are more talented and shesterkin is better and more consistent than Andersen so I can’t see how on paper they’re more talented just can’t. Especially when you then factor in how Carolina struggles on the road in the playoffs and how good we are at home and having home ice advantage

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko combined for 1 goal and it was a gift. That's the production I expect from them. We have a whole line incapable of scoring.

The Hurricanes have Martin Necas on their 3rd line and Evgeny Kuznetsov on their 4th line. While our 4th line had their moments, the bottom six is a huge mismatch and Goodrow is not going to keep up close to a PPG pace.

Elsewhere, Panarin has had three poor series in a row in terms of production and Lafreniere has 2 goals in 31 playoff games. If they step it up, my perception changes, but we can't assume that.

We have an advantage on D and in goal but these forward corps match up brutally for us.
Kuznetsov sucks and is prone to mistakes which he will make. Our 4th line has been pretty good also aside from a few Vesey brainfarts. If Chytil plays this series there is no advantage at all for Carolina's bottom 6 and they absolutely do not have a better overall roster. Rangers in 6.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

The panarin and Lafreniere points are probably the most important. If we could count on both of them to play to their regular season level this would be different story but so far neither have been able to do that, so yeah.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Kuznetzov has been awful. They’re already talking about how they’re going to get out of that contract

In limited/sheltered ice time he has the potential to cause problems. It's not like they're going to be matching him up to shutdown the Panarin line. He's out there to eat off our bottom pair which has been good thus far, whoever is on it.

Could easily this series being so close that last change becomes the difference. Expect a lot of home W's in this one. Luckily for us we have home ice so..I'm going Rangers in 6 or 7

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
am i the only one who thinks that the canes are the scariest of the remaining teams? im really not worried about any other team except carolina

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The mighty Canes have also struggled against the Piles being outplayed in 3 of the 4 games and the one game they dominated they needed a miracle comeback in the last 2 minutes to win after pulling the goalie.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
In limited/sheltered ice time he has the potential to cause problems. It's not like they're going to be matching him up to shutdown the Panarin line. He's out there to eat off our bottom pair which has been good thus far, whoever is on it.

Could easily this series being so close that last change becomes the difference. Expect a lot of home W's in this one. Luckily for us we have home ice so..I'm going Rangers in 6 or 7

Here’s the thing I promise you as much as people complain there aren’t any teams that have a Jacob Trouba level talent on their third pair like we do. Which is why for once we actually are getting headlines from the national media that we have the best right side in the league. Kuznetzov is a mess huge liability out there.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The mighty Canes have also struggled against the Piles being outplayed in 3 of the 4 games and the one game they dominated they needed a miracle comeback in the last 2 minutes to win after pulling the goalie.

They have. Isles should have won 3 of the 4 games frankly

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
am i the only one who thinks that the canes are the scariest of the remaining teams? im really not worried about any other team except carolina

For me Carolina is clearly below -

Stars
Avs
Knights
Panthers

And probably Oilers too.

I think they have some weaknesses that aren't going to be too hard to exploit. The other teams? Not as much.

For instance the only hope I'd have against the Avs is that Georgiev shits himself. Totally possible but if that doesn't happen? We're gonna need a ton of puck luck and Igor to be even better than he's already been.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Even if Carolina beats us which they won’t. They’d never beat Florida or whoever came out of the west. I’m amazed they are Cup favorites. I really am

Reactions: Siddi

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Even if Carolina beats us which they won’t. They’d never beat Florida or whoever came out of the west. I’m amazed they are Cup favorites. I really am
Recently stopped but Im enough of a gambler to know they wanted the fish to take the bait on that Hurricanes (and Oilers if we are being honest) number so they could clean up when both obviously will not win the Cup. Shady business is shady business, even if its now technically legal.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Recently stopped but Im enough of a gambler to know they wanted the fish to take the bait on that Hurricanes (and Oilers if we are being honest) number so they could clean up when both obviously will not win the Cup. Shady business is shady business, even if its now technically legal.
funny you say that, edm was under +1000 for majority of year when they werent even in a playoff spot. also man city is a short favorite every year in champs league and its only worked once

Reactions: McRanger92

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

I don't understand it either. Seems completely out of whack to me. They're a good team, but I don't even think they're favourites against us, and we'll be fighting uphill if we get to play any of Florida, Colorado, Vegas, and/or Dallas.

Reactions: HolyHagelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad