chappie-and-dog.jpg

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
you guys gladly predict a guy like Gropp's future career after 50 games
but dismiss it when an old HF scouting reports from 5 years back is shared

IMHO interesting to see what was said when they were young prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/hubert_labrie/
Talent Analysis
Unlike many QMJHL defensemen that are all the smallish size, Labrie is actually a defensive-minded defenseman.
He is a tenacious player that does not back down from any challenge and will often initiate contact.
He will go to war at any point on the ice and has a high level of determination.
He has the smarts to succeed at any level but he needs to continue to get stronger if he wants a legitimate shot.
Has a good skating stride. Sometimes is guilty of trying to do “too much” on the ice.
Utilizes his wrist shot to get long shots on net from the point.
Will use his body to block shots and passing lanes. Potentially, future captain material.
Potential: Third pairing defensive defenseman, like Stephane Robidas.

Maybe Beacon or Steve K, etc, remember him as a Junior and have other commenst ...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining! But, if theres a deal where we were receiving multiple NHL players for one player, or multiple NHL contracts, this will help give us an extra spot for this season if needed?

True. If it is a 2-for-1 trade, we can clear a slot this season, which might help if we acquire a package for 1 player.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm very lost, how would it be a 2-for-1 trade? Explain it to me like I'm five and have to later explain it to a three year old.

If we trade 2 players and only get 1 back, we clear 1 SPC. That's what GM was referring to.

That isn't the case here though. This was 2 SPC for 2 SPC

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Chapie was an RFA at seasons end after his 26 year old season. Albert is a UFA at seasons end. Easily opens a roster spot after the season.

Hartford needed a defender after recalling both Pionk & Gilmour.

Wash, with an extra contract slot. Potential Ronning signing incoming?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hartford needed a defender after recalling both Pionk & Gilmour.

Wash, with an extra contract slot. Potential Ronning signing incoming?
People around the Vancouver area have reported that Ronning has signed but the Rangers are sitting on the announcement for a couple weeks.

But whenever his junior season is over I expect him to join Hartford

Reactions: Joey Bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad