Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
oh and in the first period where Rousell was harassing Lundqvist and his teammates were doing nothing...that really looked like a team that just is not in a good place and not really in the game. Lundqvist was pissed no one was getting in Rousell's face and protecting him
Honestly, I think the team was stunned that Roussell would even try that with McLeod in the lineup. Everything I read suggested that kind of thing would stop immediately.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Honestly, I think the team was stunned that Roussell would even try that with McLeod in the lineup. Everything I read suggested that kind of thing would stop immediately.

I haven't been able to watch the games very consistently lately (and why would I want to at this point...) but the thing is with McLeod...it's not like he's out there being a constant physical presence, wrecking ball throwing hits and being a nuisance. He's just...out there. Why have a "tough-ish guy" in the lineup if he's not at least looking to make big hits all the time? It's pointless. For how bad he was, at least Glass would try to hit people

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I haven't been able to watch the games very consistently lately (and why would I want to at this point...) but the thing is with McLeod...it's not like he's out there being a constant physical presence, wrecking ball throwing hits and being a nuisance. He's just...out there. Why have a "tough-ish guy" in the lineup if he's not at least looking to make big hits all the time? It's pointless. For how bad he was, at least Glass would try to hit people
He did have 8 hits in his first game, including a couple big ones, but I agree for the most part.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
oh and in the first period where Rousell was harassing Lundqvist and his teammates were doing nothing...that really looked like a team that just is not in a good place and not really in the game. Lundqvist was pissed no one was getting in Rousell's face and protecting him
I agree. But here’s a possible solution. Lundqvist leaves his crease and goes after Rousell Ron Hextall style. Hack away like you’re trying to chop down a tree. Take the blocker and break his nose with an uppercut. Someone has to do something. I don’t think it should have to be the goaltender but if no ene else steps up why not?

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
I agree. But here’s a possible solution. Lundqvist leaves his crease and goes after Rousell Ron Hextall style. Hack away like you’re trying to chop down a tree. Take the blocker and break his nose with an uppercut. Someone has to do something. I don’t think it should have to be the goaltender but if no ene else steps up why not?

Like when Hank went app shit on max pac in Montreal

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I need to post this in every game thread going forward:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Richard Banger

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Made the 4 hour drive from Houston and was happy that at least A.) we could celebrate a goal and B.) we didn't get embarrassed on the scoreboard. Also had my annual visit with Sam Rosen. For those who don't know much about American Airlines Center the TV broadcast perch is accessible for fans should they bother. I went up to him, showed him my Rangers sweater, and chatted and took a picture with him after the first period. Always a class act Sam.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don't really have energy to defend Ziba against haters.

Two points: how the guy he was traded for is doing now?
Second, when he was here Brass was sheltered by a top-form Stepan and his line (and Richards') from any tough matchups. He was also on a top contender and deep team, not half AHL roster that's the current Rangers. Zibanejad gets none of this. When I think Zibanejad I picture that player who was a terror centering Kreider and Buch.
Best Ranger of 2017 IMO.

When people complain about his lack of goal scoring, then complain when he does score that it wasn’t the right type of goal, or his assist wasn’t nice enough, that’s not disappointment.

Reactions: Siddi

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Made the 4 hour drive from Houston and was happy that at least A.) we could celebrate a goal and B.) we didn't get embarrassed on the scoreboard. Also had my annual visit with Sam Rosen. For those who don't know much about American Airlines Center the TV broadcast perch is accessible for fans should they bother. I went up to him, showed him my Rangers sweater, and chatted and took a picture with him after the first period. Always a class act Sam.
That's nice to hear!

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Best Ranger of 2017 IMO.

When people complain about his lack of goal scoring, then complain when he does score that it wasn’t the right type of goal, or his assist wasn’t nice enough, that’s not disappointment.
Best Ranger of 2017! I want some of what you’re smoking. Lundqvist

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
Best Ranger of 2017 IMO.

He has been terrible all year 5 on 5. He has 15 points in 41 games. Why are we defending that? How bout we call a spade a spade!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He has been terrible all year 5 on 5. He has 15 points in 41 games. Why are we defending that? How bout we call a spade a spade!
Honestly, I have ended up disappointed in his play. I know his injury slowed him down (seems still not 100%) hoping that's the case as opposed to just crappy play. He's not even close to being dangerous as he was with Kreids out there. Makes me KNOW that it was Kreids speed that really opened things up for Zbad. Who hasn't been Zgood for a long time. A spade a spade. He simply really isn't a 1c......not yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->