Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Need to get used to this sort of game. There's a cloud hanging over the team with all of the trade talk and I expect things to get way worse heading into the deadline. We should see a slight resurgence once some new blood comes into the lineup. I don't see more wins post-deadline, but a better effort should be there.

I feel like I say this every game lately, but I'm ready to move on from Zuccarello. Dude just looks like he wants to get out of here and onto something new. Can't really blame him, but the effort just hasn't been there for months now.

I think it's the coach. This is the third player tonight who has been individually called out for "not playing like he should be"... It's this f***ing coach, and he needs to go.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I think it's the coach. This is the third player tonight who has been individually called out for "not playing like he should be"... It's this ****ing coach, and he needs to go.
It's absolutely AV. Is it cancerous enough that you fire him before the end of the season even though we don't intend to compete anyway?

Reactions: Miamipuck

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
So being there, I just felt really deep sympathy for Hank. This was what, our 5th loss in a row? I was about 12 rows from the glass but I went down to the very front an hour before the game to watch warmups up close and I just felt immensely... guilty almost, for knowing that Hank will almost assuredly never win a Stanley Cup but he will give us 110% of everything he has until the day he retires. He was awesome tonight. 39 stops. 21 in the first period to keep it 1-0 Rangers. Just feel for the guy.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
As soon as the trade deadline passes, yes i fire him.

Why not in the summer?

If he is the worst coach, we will have a default tank, and since the roster would be awesome with any other coach, we will sky rocket into at least the second round.

But why would we lose in the second round? Well AV will be outcoached, but AV would be gone so why wouldn't we make it to the Finals?

Well because of Gorton, but if Gorton fired AV, that would mean he's correct because AV is the worst coach and he go us the best coach

But maybe AV is the best coach but he's sabotaging the team by not being a good coach and playing "man to man" because no one let him deport Buch because of his Russian Bias while he loves Glass on Vancouver...

GIRARDI!

Reactions: NCRanger

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Just got back from the game. Well, a loss does help in the draft rankings although I was rooting for a win.

I think ADA is our second best defenseman and that says a lot about the state of our def. Holden was just awful. Smith is so bad, too.

Our offense was pretty pitiful, too. Zucc missed what looked like an open net. Not sure what's happened to him. We were a step behind the whole time. Our AHL call-ups lack speed. Zbad got decked in the first period. Nash was just a couple of feet away and didn't respond. Oh well. As usual we passed up a few shots for a pass. Some things will never change. You can't score if you don't shoot.

Hank was great.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This tank job puts Arizona and Buffalo in perspective. We have shit for talent team, a shit for brains coaching staff, and shit for environment right now and we're still on pace to be above Arizona and Buffalo at their current P/PG even if we literally lose out the remaining 29 games.

We're going to need some help tanking. It's simply unfair that Buffalo and Arizona have so many more years of experience tanking than we do.

Alain is our only hope. He's destroyed any semblence of a hockey system we have. He's destroyed our chance at a good lineup with his decisions. He's lead this team to the most injury decimated NYR team in a decade. He's destroyed the spirit of the team. Henrik Lundqvist is his last challenge. Can he destroy the spirit of the face of the franchise?

Stay tuned to find out.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I kinda expected a defensive tire fire, but watching Hank ball the f*** out is what's gonna get me through the rest of this season. Super Mario Bros had a good game too

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Dead team walking. A few of them Lettieri, ADA, McD, Hank obviously and a couple of others tried hard. But MSG announcers telling us they carried over their emotional play from the Nashville game is a joke. I also want AV gone. He’s totally lost the team, but to blame players lack of effort, toughness and execution on him is unfair. Be a pro and work hard. Also if you guys like Zibby and think he’s going to be a very good player for us then congratulations. I don’t see him amounting to anything more than a number 2 center who puts up some pp points IF he stays healthy. Big If

Reactions: Lays and NCRanger

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Feel like I am watching the 2009 through 2011 teams all over again. Hope that Lundqvist stands on his head and gets a shutout as it is the only way they can win. Once the opponent scores, you know the Rangers have no chance to actually score more than 1 goal unless it is against Buffalo or Carolina.

Reactions: Claxton

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'd bet a ton of money that the Oilers finish ahead of the Rangers. They've been sleepwalking all season and have a run in them.

Carolina will probably be adding in a few weeks too.

This team is trending downward and is about to start selling off pieces. If McDonagh is one of those pieces, the defense becomes a nightmare. Bottom five is a very achievable goal.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the end has come. go to the light.....

and isnt it ironic that at the end, henrik continues to show his metal. dude is pure money. deserves better.

al vigno needs to go. for the love of all that is holy, please fire him. please.

and agreed, the msg lemmings are unbearable. its like were being spoon fed heaping portions of delusion.

if i hear AV say one more time that "this team is playing well" im gonna snap. go away.

sell. sell. sell.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For how things have been going lately---it wasn't that bad. I mean we got badly outplayed but the possibility existed the way Henrik was playing that we might win or get a point out of it. And no one got injured. So there's all that.

It's another nail in the coffin. The remark about sending Henrik to Aruba is not a bad idea either---though the NHL probably wouldn't approve. Teams would make the case that the Rangers were deliberately tanking. However once this deadline hits and Nash and Grabs and whoever else is gone I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of Ondrej Pavelec. There's no f***ing point of overplaying Henrik after that final nail in the coffin. Fact is Ondrej would be the main starter at that point. Henrik's already been playing way too much.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Dead team walking. A few of them Lettieri, ADA, McD, Hank obviously and a couple of others tried hard. But MSG announcers telling us they carried over their emotional play from the Nashville game is a joke. I also want AV gone. He’s totally lost the team, but to blame players lack of effort, toughness and execution on him is unfair. Be a pro and work hard. Also if you guys like Zibby and think he’s going to be a very good player for us then congratulations. I don’t see him amounting to anything more than a number 2 center who puts up some pp points IF he stays healthy. Big If

I'm really struggling to see what others see in Zibanejad. I just don't know how a guy with eight years in the league still has "potential". When is it that he is what he is?

He's just not that great.

The best explanation I can give of Zibanejad is this:

He's exactly like the girl in school that all the guys want to go out with because she looks so great from a distance. Cheerleader, appears to have 100 hot friends. You finally get up the nerve to ask her out, and shockingly, she says yes and she's actually surprised you did because she isn't dating anyone. In doing so, you end up breaking up with a girl who you really like and enjoy spending time with, but she isn't the girl that's going to make you the envy of the school. So you end up going out with her, and while all the guys think you are a God, you find out really quickly that outside of being hot, she's really boring, you have very little in common, and offers nothing outside of being eye candy. She's also clingy, needy, and costs you a ton of money and time. So, while you've improved your social standing slightly, you're actually miserable, and you blew a good thing.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm really struggling to see what others see in Zibanejad. I just don't know how a guy with eight years in the league still has "potential". When is it that he is what he is?

He's just not that great.

The best explanation I can give of Zibanejad is this:

He's exactly like the girl in school that all the guys want to go out with because she looks so great from a distance. Cheerleader, appears to have 100 hot friends. You finally get up the nerve to ask her out, and shockingly, she says yes and she's actually surprised you did because she isn't dating anyone. In doing so, you end up breaking up with a girl who you really like and enjoy spending time with, but she isn't the girl that's going to make you the envy of the school. So you end up going out with her, and while all the guys think you are a God, you find out really quickly that outside of being hot, she's really boring, you have very little in common, and offers nothing outside of being eye candy. She's also clingy, needy, and costs you a ton of money and time. So, while you've improved your social standing slightly, you're actually miserable, and you blew a good thing.

I think he has the skill, but I also think he has an attitude problem.

He didn’t seem to start pushing harder when the team started taking a nose dive, and now he looks as if he’s mailed it in.

What do you think?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This tank job puts Arizona and Buffalo in perspective. We have **** for talent team, a **** for brains coaching staff, and **** for environment right now and we're still on pace to be above Arizona and Buffalo at their current P/PG even if we literally lose out the remaining 29 games.

We're going to need some help tanking. It's simply unfair that Buffalo and Arizona have so many more years of experience tanking than we do.

Alain is our only hope. He's destroyed any semblence of a hockey system we have. He's destroyed our chance at a good lineup with his decisions. He's lead this team to the most injury decimated NYR team in a decade. He's destroyed the spirit of the team. Henrik Lundqvist is his last challenge. Can he destroy the spirit of the face of the franchise?

Stay tuned to find out.

Buffalo and Arizona don't have Lundqvist. And NYR have better talent than those 2 teams believe it or not. We don't have an Eichel or even a Keller type youngster but the depth on those teams is dogshit.

Reactions: TheTakedown and Tob

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think he has the skill, but I also think he has an attitude problem.

He didn’t seem to start pushing harder when the team started taking a nose dive, and now he looks as if he’s mailed it in.

What do you think?

Exactly my point in the high school example.

He's very skilled. He's just never played to that level all that consistently, and seems when anything gets the slightest bit difficult, he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to fight to win. Has nothing to do with nationality. It's more to do with his age (seems to be the prototypical millennial), and the fact his only NHL experience is with a loser organization in Ottawa and a Ranger team with a window shutting abruptly.

Would thrive in an environment where he can be a follower and not have to drive anything himself.

Reactions: BobSantos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->