Rumor: Rangers Sign Dawson Leedahl to 3 year ELC

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
No harm taking a shot on an overager. I'm pretty sure this kid is third generation hockey, I know his father played back in the eighties but never made it to the NHL. His older brother too.

His first coach in the WHL just happen to be an old teammate and friend of Scott Arniel. Always gonnections

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
There is a very fine line between being gritty and just flat out taking stupid penalties.

We will see where and how he fits in, if he fits in.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
No harm taking a shot on an overager. I'm pretty sure this kid is third generation hockey, I know his father played back in the eighties but never made it to the NHL. His older brother too.

His first coach in the WHL just happen to be an old teammate and friend of Scott Arniel. Always gonnections

Judging by elite, his family is a minor league almost-ran dynasty.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Corny, but I still died :laugh: :laugh:

I can't help myself

Big guy who plays big. Hits a lot, as most can tell from the Youtube videos. This year he had an obvious boost in production since he was on a line with Sam Steel, but that wasn't all from just him. He has a good motor and playmaking ability, but not elite level. I think he has the potential to be a bottom 6 utility forward in the mold of Carcillo (but more of a fan favorite, rather than a pest).

Let's just say he's a better contract spot than Chapie.

A prospect who might make it is still better than a prospect who we know won't make it. I like the signing. He is not a true goalscorer but a very solid 2-way player with leadership.

Just need to trade for Bear now somehow.

That's the dream. Love Bear. Now we need to find some Russian kid called "Glazov" so we can have Bear, Glazov and Bereglazov.

Seems like this guy is a complete product of Sam Steel, but whatever. Free prospect is a free prospect is a free prospect. I'm guess Rangers got a long look at him watching Zboro this year. So. Yeah. Whatever.

Yes, he produced because he was a.) an overager, and b.) playing with Steel. Still a low-risk signing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hollweg 2.0?

Not expecting anything honestly. But Hollweg isn't a bad comparison, if he makes it. Leedahl brings leadership, which is the best asset of his game. I really hope he makes it and turns into a player similar to Fast. Vanilla Leedahl wouldn't be the worst outcome of his potential

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Not expecting anything honestly. But Hollweg isn't a bad comparison, if he makes it. Leedahl brings leadership, which is the best asset of his game. I really hope he makes it and turns into a player similar to Fast. Vanilla Leedahl wouldn't be the worst outcome of his potential

Yes, but can he dance?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
maxresdefault.jpg

Most def my favorite kid in the system

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
sorry if these were posted already

http://leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/regina-pats/regina-pats-believe-dawson-leedahl-is-the-right-fit
http://leaderpost.com/sports/hockey...s-trade-for-dawson-leedahl-has-been-a-win-win

note that Regina is run and coached by John Paddock the most succesful NYR AHL coach of last 30 years, winning the AHL title in 2000

Paddock, of course, yet another gonnection. Gotta have the gonnections.....

He looks like such a character!

I looked alot like that around that age :laugh:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Haha I just just kidding too, though he seems to be a pretty funny guy. Albeit very serious. Good add for chemistry if nothing else. Need all types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad