Rumor: Rangers set to sign Michael Lindqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Is it really that bad?!?! That's crazy lol

Yup, within the supporter groups there are subdivisions, so called ‘firms’, that sometimes basically are gangs expanding their business to following a sport team too.

People aren’t killed, but it’s kinda like someone really would piss off like MS-13 or a gang like that by changing clubs to a rival. They will go after you and your family, with the exception that they don’t kill you or beat you up. And it doesn’t necessarily stop if you get a real traitor stamp. Sliced tires etc. Visitors in the middle of the night. Crap like that.

No downside here specifically but it is essentially a test (or a lost opportunity from the perspective) of our Euro scouts. Once in a while they need to actually find a good prospect to bring value to the organization. Take Stromwall: they zeroed in on him but had to part ways soon after bringing him over. In isolation it's ok but it would be bad if they kept coming up with strike outs.

Yeah, I think a big problem that we had with Gernander was there seem to be zero connect between on one hand whomever signing players in Europe and Gernander OTOH. We should sign players we think can help, not find out 2 games into a rookie tournament that our AHL coach think they are completely worthless.

Reactions: Jeff Groten

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
My problem with the comparison is exactly that. It's not a structure where people are sent down. Players are not sent down to Allsvenskan or called up to the SHL. It's a flawed reasoning, despite understanding what Tawnos means.

I mean I did say it was bad logic. But at no point did I really imply that players were sent down and called up either. One way or the other, his career arc is still roughly the same as what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad