GDT: Rangers @ Senators - 2PM - Matinée Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That was a great game to watch. Play that type of game all year round and there would be no concerns from me with regards to on ice play/systems.

Reactions: Flamingo

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think he gets ripped because he is not Methot, or anything close.
Because he is not Methot and probably should not be playing top pairing minute.
Let's say we trade him.. i would have no problem if they resign him for the same salary.

Oduya on a 3rd pairing, i say yes.

Is it me or he has a good release?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
It was a great game. We spent a lot of time in their zone.

Yes i think our d corp need improvement, but being able to cycld for more then 5 sec would put way less pressure on them to play heavy dzone minute.

Karlsson is playing so well right now.
Chabot-Ceci is becoming a good pairing. Chabot is starting to become a threat for other team.
Boro is so fun to watch.
Oduya has done well lately.
Harpur need to adjust, but it is time to let him adjust.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lots of injuries, especially Karlsson recovering from offseason surgery

Big trade/Losing Methot and MacArthur

Insane schedule

We're going to be back right back in the thick of things next season.

League High 19 times,back to back games .....that's pretty much half the season in back to back games.

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
I missed the game so I'm wondering if they looked good because they are now healthy and playing the system, or if they are all healthy and not playing the system since they are now a longshot and instead just having fun?

I don't like a defensive system when they try to hold a lead, which is how it has seemed this year, but if they are playing defensive while still trying to score I would be happy.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
I missed the game so I'm wondering if they looked good because they are now healthy and playing the system, or if they are all healthy and not playing the system since they are now a longshot and instead just having fun?

I don't like a defensive system when they try to hold a lead, which is how it has seemed this year, but if they are playing defensive while still trying to score I would be happy.

It didn't look anything like the system we saw earlier in the season to me tbh. You could maybe attribute it to the team being loose knowing that they're out of a playoff push, but they had grit and jam all night long.

It was a far cry from the defensive lock they tried to pull in 1 goal leads, possibly Brassard's most complete game as a Senator as well.

Reactions: Zedrow

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We are winning and playing entertaining hockey. Why couldn’t we do this sooner?
They are playing relaxed ; playing for each other; no more pressure. That slump really got inside them and they couldn't get feeling good about themselves. Today , the Rangers looked like 1/2 the team they were earlier in the year and in the playoffs last year.

Brass and Hoff are making it difficult to want to move them unless they get knock your socks off offers

Reactions: bigsby

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Its nothing new guys, as soon as there's no expectations anymore the Sens find their game. Last season every one thought we would have a bad season, so there was no high expectation and they performed brilliantly in the playoffs we were they underdog they perform brilliantly, this season they expectations were much higher and what happened? they choked plain and simple! This team need to learn how to perform when the expectations are high, its like they get paralyze by the pressure of having to meet high expectations.

Last edited:

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
Thanks for the replies.
My thinking is that most teams with a run like we had last year don't need to change a lot the following year, but we had a few major changes; Methot, Mac, Karlsson recovering, Turris and now Dion. It meant that we had to rely on guys new to our system or new to the league. These things happen though.
I'm more worried about our system in general and hope that it isn't a 'hold a 1 goal game' style because that won't win and will be boring to watch. If that is part 1 of Boucher's system until players get comfortable with tight games I'm fine with that,but if that IS the system I hope he is gone soon.
Just my 2 nickles (Sudbury boy)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
League High 19 times,back to back games .....that's pretty much half the season in back to back games.

It isn't an excuse because the Pens made it (or look like they will with 19 btb) but that on top of going to Sweden and being a month on the road (plus another month on the road to close out the season) certainly did not help.

Boro.. he has been great this year... The glue guy.. the team missed him when he went down.. no question

Just look how everyone swarms him despite Brassard scoring.

That says all you need to know about how well liked he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad