Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Brian Fried is a real nice guy if anyone gets him. Always emails/calls me back quickly if I ever have any questions etc...

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I think Boris is a supervisor now. He’s a good guy...always remembered my name. Odie Paula was my all time favorite. Steve was fine, Mandy was a cipher.
Boris is a supervisor as he got promoted a few months ago. They hired a few new Season Ticket reps at MSG for the Rangers and most seem to be very accomodating for now.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Me too. But I was able to speak with her (Mandy's) boss and he took care of me.

Well, I had Mandy take me into the Garden on an off day to air a grievance about my seat's relocation. We were put in front of a handrail. We went to the seats, and she says, "What's the problem with the seats?"

I replied, "The leg room is great, but please, just sit in the seat."

She sits in the seat, takes out her phone, took a picture for her supervisors, and says, "Oh my g-d!". She then saw that she was staring at a metal pipe, and 3/5ths of the ice was blocked by said pipe (handrail).

She then takes me and my buddy around the arena to look at other seats. She ended up getting us something much better. So she did do a solid once her feet were put to the fire. Before we left, she asked if there was anything else she could do, and I replied, "Well, I wanted to sit in the Penalty Box." Alas, it was not to be, as the ice was covered and the boards were down in preparation for a concert.... (This was still in-season, so the ice was up.)

Reactions: bobbop

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Well, I had Mandy take me into the Garden on an off day to air a grievance about my seat's relocation. We were put in front of a handrail. We went to the seats, and she says, "What's the problem with the seats?"

I replied, "The leg room is great, but please, just sit in the seat."

She sits in the seat, takes out her phone, took a picture for her supervisors, and says, "Oh my g-d!". She then saw that she was staring at a metal pipe, and 3/5ths of the ice was blocked by said pipe (handrail).

She then takes me and my buddy around the arena to look at other seats. She ended up getting us something much better. So she did do a solid once her feet were put to the fire. Before we left, she asked if there was anything else she could do, and I replied, "Well, I wanted to sit in the Penalty Box." Alas, it was not to be, as the ice was covered and the boards were down in preparation for a concert.... (This was still in-season, so the ice was up.)

I know the islanders did this with a friend of mine but I wish for seat relocations you actually go to go the the arena and sit in the actual seats that were available and see what you like.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I know the islanders did this with a friend of mine but I wish for seat relocations you actually go to go the the arena and sit in the actual seats that were available and see what you like.
The Mets had a pick-a-seat at the Stadium 2 years ago. I thought it was ridiculous and wound up canceling my plan and getting a refund.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Hey guys, new poster and Rangers fan here! I was invited down to the Garden for later this week with the individual who is going to be my rep, now that I have expressed interest in getting tickets. I was wondering if any of you had some advice for me during this trip later this week and if there is anything I should keep my eye on?

Thank you in advance to whoever wishes to reply. :P

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Do not let them talk you into lower level seats unless you plan to attend most games. If you are talking about full seasons, I would say at least 35.

Reactions: dstoffa

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
The Mets had a pick-a-seat at the Stadium 2 years ago. I thought it was ridiculous and wound up canceling my plan and getting a refund.

Never made it to a Mets Select-a-Seat event. They were always held when I was out of town. But I knew that there was little or no chance of me improving my seat at the same price point / plan, so that didn't bother me much.

Made it to two at Yankee Stadium. First year I got to improve my GSO seat by 9 rows- Row 9 to Row 1. The next year I went I was almost ready to pack it in when across the diamond a sheet of paper of a certain color caught my eye. So I jet over to see what it was, and low and behold, the best $20 GSO seats available on a 16-game plan fell into my lap. I improved by 4 sections, but had to move back to Row 4. I can't see myself giving these up.

I wouldn't say the "Select-a-Seat" events are a joke. I guess you need to have the right expectations going in... I actually think they are quite educational for seeing what seats have which views without having to deal with (large amounts) of other fans and in-game distractions. I actually think being in a stadium / ballpark / arena on an off-day is a pretty cool experience in itself.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Hey guys, new poster and Rangers fan here! I was invited down to the Garden for later this week with the individual who is going to be my rep, now that I have expressed interest in getting tickets. I was wondering if any of you had some advice for me during this trip later this week and if there is anything I should keep my eye on?

Thank you in advance to whoever wishes to reply. :P

Ask him what inventory will be available, and if you can take the inventory for a test drive. Like Pat posted, do NOT accept lower bowl tickets unless you can afford them. Resale is weak. There is no shame in telling him you love the lower bowl seats, but cannot afford it.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Knicks relo only has first row gallery available in the upper bowl, which of course is completely fraudulent

Why am I not surprised... What about halves? I assume that you can only look one-way (i.e. - same or higher price), and you are on the favorable side of the one-way sign?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Why am I not surprised... What about halves? I assume that you can only look one-way (i.e. - same or higher price), and you are on the favorable side of the one-way sign?
I'm on the favorable side so I see it all. I just had a look at the halfs and there is plenty available in the corners and even center sections. Of course the $49 fulls turn into $82 halves in those corners which is a colossal losing proposition any way you look at it.

We already knew this but MSG is pushing extremely hard to steer people away from fulls, and especially with the Knicks who can't raise prices on fulls if the team misses the playoffs because of Dolan's public statements this is a way they can get them to pay more (if anyone is actually that stupid).

It's sort of like the new landlord who buys an apartment building and starts harassing the rent stabilized tenants to move out so they can charge market rent, and use shady tactics along the way

Reactions: ponytrekker

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Knicks relo only has first row gallery available in the upper bowl, which of course is completely fraudulent
I'm guessing the lower bowl has a lot more options? From what I gather reading this thread, MSG is fine selling fulls in places where the markup is worth it for them (such as 1st/2nd row gallery and lower bowl), but anything remotely desirable will be cut into halves. Correct me if my analysis is wrong?

Also, thank you to everyone who replied earlier.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I'm guessing the lower bowl has a lot more options? From what I gather reading this thread, MSG is fine selling fulls in places where the markup is worth it for them (such as 1st/2nd row gallery and lower bowl), but anything remotely desirable will be cut into halves. Correct me if my analysis is wrong?

The bottom line is, the Garden doesn't want you making money on their tickets. With all the resale tools in place today, the market (and the data collected from it) is very different from the market of 10-15 years ago. Teams know how much people are getting at resale, and it bothers them, because they think they've left money on the table, so they adjust their pricing accordingly to minimize the amount that is typically made on resale.

So yes, there will be fulls available downstairs, but you won't be able to sell them at a profit. Any un-renewed inventory upstairs will likely be parted out and sold at inflated prices (as compared to fulls) so that the half-season plan holder cannot make killer money on resale. They probably have an algorithm to price (face) the half-season ticket just about equal to what the full-season ticket can be resold for (after fees and rakes) on resale sites.

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Everyone get their new season subscriber account numbers today? Sounds like a nonsensical reason for changing it. I guess it really doesn't matter much in the scheme of things, even though I did have an easy to remember number previously.

In an effort to improve your overall user experience, we're working towards combining all databases across Madison Square Garden's properties. What this means, is you will be issued a new account number, which can be used to more seamlessly manage all of your tickets for all events at The Garden that were previously managed through Account Manager.

Your new account number is 123456.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
It was like The Hunger Games when they count down on the battle arena. They rang the bell and you had to run to your seats. I wanted upper deck but luckily, I was like Katnis and effing CRUSHED IT!!

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

At this stage of the game I am perfectly fine with halfs in a good seat. I go to a lot of games in our plan and will worry about playoffs . . . some day.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Seeing MSG behind the scenes and being on the floor for the first time was amazing. My rep is awesome so far, too. I'm guessing it all goes downhill from here though. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbop

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I never even got an email about relocation. Mine was at 9am today though I'm 5 hours ahead so it would have been 2PM my time and I was otherwise occupied anyway. I can't imagine anything having been available that would make me switch from my center court bridges. Rangers relocation is another story. Nothing good will become available but I'd really like a chance to move.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I never even got an email about relocation. Mine was at 9am today though I'm 5 hours ahead so it would have been 2PM my time and I was otherwise occupied anyway. I can't imagine anything having been available that would make me switch from my center court bridges. Rangers relocation is another story. Nothing good will become available but I'd really like a chance to move.
From what I gathered from my rep which he stated openly for the most part, MSG is focused on trying to get more people in the building and are more so focused on splitting certain seats in the arena into multiple packages. Nothing new of course, but I'm surprised he was so open about it. I'd keep your seats if I were you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad