Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I know a bunch of people on here have Yankee tickets. I'm trying to get my hands on some stubs from the Wednesday, April 4th game. Does anyone have any they'd be willing to send me? Thanks.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Does anyone know what barstool and or 300 level seats cost per game for full season ticket holders? Thanks!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
MSG Sidewalk sale was today.
Jerseys of traded players - $50 / $40 for Fanatics
Shirts were $15
Winter Classic jackets were $200
Columbia stuff is $40
Pins were $2-$6
Hats were $10
That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I think they are having it tomorrow as well.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
what are most of you doing for the price on the ticket? I guess tomorrow is the last day to let them know which option you want

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If you print the tickets, will it display the dynamic price regardless? The way the email was worded it made it seem like it was only for hard copy tickets.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If you print the tickets, will it display the dynamic price regardless? The way the email was worded it made it seem like it was only for hard copy tickets.
Yes. Guy who sits next to me confirmed that with his rep, yesterday. Just hope they leave the option to not display ticket price on emailed tickets.

I am going average price. I have explained earlier in the thread. BUT, the cliff notes summary is I sell very few on secondary market. Most I sell to 3-4 guys. Then a game here and there to friends, or when I bring a friend. Annoying to tell one friend his tickets cost $70 each and tell another friend they cost $125. I am not trying to be a ticket-broker. if I sell 5 games on the exchange/stubhub it is a lot, for me.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
NY Jets are cards or mobile only - no more pdfs.
My question becomes when there is someone in your seats? Have to pull out the phone again and figure out who is in the wrong place. At citi, if you use your phone, they give you a small print up to show ushers. Jets do the same? Asking as I have Giants tickets, but have never used my phone to get into a game.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
My question becomes when there is someone in your seats? Have to pull out the phone again and figure out who is in the wrong place. At citi, if you use your phone, they give you a small print up to show ushers. Jets do the same? Asking as I have Giants tickets, but have never used my phone to get into a game.
They usually give you a paper receipt with your seats. Some places do it, many places don't.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
When you use your cards you don't get aa piece of paper but the location is printed on the cards. I never used mobile entry at a football game.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yankees getting aggressive, newest Terms and Conditions:

The Yankees may refuse to sell to any person/entity that violates New York law and may revoke any ticket license relating to any ticket account that violates New York law. Please be advised that THE RESALE OF FIVE (5) OR MORE TICKETS WITHOUT HAVING FIRST PROCURED A LICENSE FROM THE NEW YORK SECRETARY OF STATE IS UNLAWFUL AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT OF UP TO ONE (1) YEAR AND FINES OF UP TO $4,000.00 OR MORE. The Yankees reserve the right to require proof of a properly issued New York Ticket Reseller License.

From a layman's perspective, that ironically seems illegal on the part of the Yankees. The analogy I would use is the tenant who stops paying rent. You have the right to evict him but you can't touch his stuff or kick him out until the courts rule that he is in violation of the lease and after full due process.

Resellers may be limited to reselling 5 tickets per game without a license (officially, but to my knowledge zero people have ever been prosecuted), however it is not up to the Yankees to enforce that law. Further, under that very same quoted law (New York Arts and Cultural Affairs § 25.30), the Yankees would be committing a misdemeanor by revoking or denying tickets based on a consumer reselling tickets. Teams are not allowed to punish you in any way for reselling tickets at any price.

I would also make the observation that the Yankees are shooting themselves in the foot. They have a delusional sense of valuation for their tickets, prices for the vast majority of seats are at or above market value. They should be kissing the feet of people who buy 5+ tickets for resale as they are unpaid armies of amateur ticket brokers pushing their high supply product.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Yankees getting aggressive, newest Terms and Conditions:

The Yankees may refuse to sell to any person/entity that violates New York law and may revoke any ticket license relating to any ticket account that violates New York law. Please be advised that THE RESALE OF FIVE (5) OR MORE TICKETS WITHOUT HAVING FIRST PROCURED A LICENSE FROM THE NEW YORK SECRETARY OF STATE IS UNLAWFUL AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT OF UP TO ONE (1) YEAR AND FINES OF UP TO $4,000.00 OR MORE. The Yankees reserve the right to require proof of a properly issued New York Ticket Reseller License.

From a layman's perspective, that ironically seems illegal on the part of the Yankees. The analogy I would use is the tenant who stops paying rent. You have the right to evict him but you can't touch his stuff or kick him out until the courts rule that he is in violation of the lease and after full due process.

Resellers may be limited to reselling 5 tickets per game without a license (officially, but to my knowledge zero people have ever been prosecuted), however it is not up to the Yankees to enforce that law. Further, under that very same quoted law (New York Arts and Cultural Affairs § 25.30), the Yankees would be committing a misdemeanor by revoking or denying tickets based on a consumer reselling tickets. Teams are not allowed to punish you in any way for reselling tickets at any price.

I would also make the observation that the Yankees are shooting themselves in the foot. They have a delusional sense of valuation for their tickets, prices for the vast majority of seats are at or above market value. They should be kissing the feet of people who buy 5+ tickets for resale as they are unpaid armies of amateur ticket brokers pushing their high supply product.
....but 27 championships...

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The Yankees are funny. I am sure they would spin this as they are trying to protect the fans from being gouged by brokers. Reality is they want everyone buying directly from them and refuse to accept their tickets are overpriced for the current market. I know a few people who buy yankee tickets on the cheap on stubhub. If that went away, they would just stay home.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The Yankees are funny. I am sure they would spin this as they are trying to protect the fans from being gouged by brokers. Reality is they want everyone buying directly from them and refuse to accept their tickets are overpriced for the current market. I know a few people who buy yankee tickets on the cheap on stubhub. If that went away, they would just stay home.
worse is that with the MLB partnership stubhub has floors for Yankees tickets. $25 Nosebleeds and bleachers have a floor of $7, yet they go for $1-$2 on vivid. Field MVP with face values of about $200 have a floor of $100 on stubhub but go for $45-$60 on vivid. Same for $XXX Legends seat floored at $350 but going for under $300 on vivid. By trying to control the market they are screwing their fans who can't unload their tickets because they can't offer the seats at market value on stubhub

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
worse is that with the MLB partnership stubhub has floors for Yankees tickets. $25 Nosebleeds and bleachers have a floor of $7, yet they go for $1-$2 on vivid. Field MVP with face values of about $200 have a floor of $100 on stubhub but go for $45-$60 on vivid. Same for $XXX Legends seat floored at $350 but going for under $300 on vivid. By trying to control the market they are screwing their fans who can't unload their tickets because they can't offer the seats at market value on stubhub
Hard for me to feel bad for the ticket plan holder here. The Yankees have been screwing around with this stuff for a few years. The only way it is worth it to buy a Yankees ticket plan is if you plan to go to all the games in your plan AND you are particular about the seats. Otherwise, there is just no value to buying.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
My bleachers are $15 (on average) and I have no problem getting around that for any game on stubhub or vivid. I would not pay $25 for bleachers.

Hard for me to feel bad for the ticket plan holder here. The Yankees have been screwing around with this stuff for a few years. The only way it is worth it to buy a Yankees ticket plan is if you plan to go to all the games in your plan AND you are particular about the seats. Otherwise, there is just no value to buying.

Depends on what you have. I sold my opening day bleachers for around $130 each. If I sold opening day and all red sox and met games I could donate or toss the other games and get my money back plus some.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad