Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by GordonGecko, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coatjones

coatjones Debauchery #1

NYC Dept Of Sanitation
    Obviously, this is your money we are talking about, but whether AV is coach shouldn't determine whether you have season tickets or not. Either they keep him and then fire him later if they're not successful, or he's gone in the offseason. Usually, they lose STH if they do us wrong financially or the like.

2. NYRFAN218

NYRFAN218 King Sponsor

FYI, the skate tickets are in our account now.

3. JRinNYC

JRinNYC Registered User Sponsor

Cool. I see them in my account, but I don't see any mention of what time my session is. I see it listed as Sun 4/8, 9:00 PM. I know I picked the second session, which I think was 12:00 PM.

4. McD27

McD27 Registered User

Same here and I signed up for 2pm I think.

Guess it’s good for any sessions then

5. mrjimmyg89

mrjimmyg89 Registered User

Right now, we're being sold on a rebuild of the team. That rebuild included a philosophical change. AV being on board derails that change.

You're right in that it is my money, but they've had all stars, a hall of fame goalie, and teams deep enough to win, and the guy behind the bench has thwarted that time and time again. Investing more money into a team that is changing it's players, who were good, and keeping the same system in place, is detrimental to the team, which is getting my money.

When they were winning games, in spite of how it was happening, things were okay. We're now being told we're taking a step, possibly two, back in an effort to take steps forward we previously haven't. That's fine, but the biggest issue on the team as of right now is not a player, prospect, potential drafted players, GM or owner. It's AV.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Custom User Title

Agree 100%, I think Gorton is finally going to do the right thing. What I don't understand is why it took so long. Maybe pressure from Sather to keep him on?

7. Irishguy42

Irishguy42 Registered User Sponsor

Just chalk it up as something we'll probably never know.

8. mrjimmyg89

mrjimmyg89 Registered User

Who knows at this point. There are more former players in their front office at this point who have won. Richards, Drury, etc. Richards played under AV. Maybe he got into the ears of management. Him and St. Louis really lead that team that went to the SCF. Maybe they've been in on the "you don't win playing this style of hockey" discussion with Gorton and Co.

When it comes to losing STH cause of finances, that is what happens when the team is successful and prices rise. They aren't winning right now. People will bail on tickets if they think this team isn't contending for quite some time. It won't be worth the price, not because it is unaffordable, but because you're not getting any joy out of going.

I can afford to have these tickets, but dropping around 5k into tickets for 20 regular season games and knowing that the coach is not suited to run the team anymore is like burning your money. They could have the Penguins, Lightning, Preds, Jets roster right now, with AV as the coach, and those teams are worse. Why invest into that?

9. NYRA15

NYRA15 Registered User

Does anyone recall the time slots for the MSG skate on Sunday? The ticket of course doesn't say the time. I think I took the 10-am-12pm slot but I am not 100% sure what I selected.

10. JRinNYC

Looks like the emails went out confirming your time slot. Got mine from my rep around 4:50PM EDT with the subject "See You At Our Season Ticket Member Salute".

"You're confirmed to attend the Season Ticket Member Salute on Sunday, April 8 from 12:00PM to 1:30PM at The Garden. Check–in will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the session in the Chase Square Lobby so arrive early to gear up before you hit the ice and enjoy other activities throughout the arena.

We ask that members refrain from bringing any hockey sticks or pucks as they will not be permitted on the ice.

As a reminder, this is a ticketed event and printed tickets and waivers will be required for entry."

11. NYRA15

NYRA15 Registered User

Hi, I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone who is a Knicks STH have an extra ticket for this Saturday's member appreciation event? I am attending but I could use an extra one if anyone decides not to go. Thank you!

12. JRinNYC

What do the Knicks do for Season Ticket Member appreciation? Do they let you go on the court and shoot some hoops?

13. NYRA15

NYRA15 Registered User

This is the first time that I am going so I really don't know. It does say we can go on the court but not sure if they will let us shoot around. That would be cool.

14. GordonGecko

no, thats another event this weekend like the rangers free skate. Knicks fan appreciation day is usually the last game of the year and I believe they typically open up all the concession stands all you can eat for free

15. Traderalways

Traderalways Registered User

My renewed rangers invoice for 2018-2019 has disappeared from my online account. Anyone else?

16. OKnumber25

OKnumber25 Registered User

Mine is still there.

17. Traderalways

Traderalways Registered User

LOL. Now I have to call.

18. Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818 Registered User

I have an extra, PM me

19. Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818 Registered User

Same thing happened to my knicks invoice. I believe it’s cause they are adjusting the prices as they used last year’s invoices to decide price initially.

20. GordonGecko

also check nyrsubcentral.com

21. superyan

superyan Registered User Sponsor

Check this out.

Thank you for renewing your Season Ticket Membership for the 2018–19 Season. As we head into the offseason, we wanted to take this opportunity to confirm that your Season Ticket Membership price will not increase for the 2018–19 Season.

While your overall membership price remains unchanged, we do recognize most fans do not value all games equally. For this reason, our default practice is to vary the printed price on each specific game ticket based on that game's specific tier. (For example, a pre–season game will have a lower price printed on the ticket than will a late–season key matchup). Many of our fans have told us that this practice helps them more fairly allocate their tickets among family, friends and clients.

However, we have also heard from some fans who would prefer to keep things simple, and we understand that as well. So, if you have elected to have your season tickets printed and shipped and wish to have your average per–game ticket price printed on each ticket, please let us know and we will print your tickets accordingly. If you choose this option, please rest assured that the change is purely cosmetic and will only be reflected on the printed tickets you receive before the season begins. Your overall membership price will be the same regardless, and unchanged from last season.

If you wish to have all your tickets printed with the average per–game price, please let us know by clicking here before Friday, April 13, 2018.

If you wish to have your tickets printed with the variable game prices, and have already elected to have your tickets printed and shipped, there’s nothing for you to do.

And of course, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me or your service representative.

22. GordonGecko

It's starting to get weird in ticketland!

23. NYRFAN218

NYRFAN218 King Sponsor

I’m happy about that. Seems like a fairly simple change that makes everyone satisfied. I’d much rather have average price on the ticket.

24. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Registered User

Same. It's gone.

25. superyan

superyan Registered User Sponsor

Did we lose the ability to make a poll? What is everyone going to do and why? I'm leaning towards the average price, but want to know what everyone else thinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.