Rangers Season Ticket Holders #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Almost June already.... hopefully by end of summer we will have some upgrade dates. LOL.

Apparently the renewal rate was at about the 95% mark. I know some that post on here were predicting a semi-mass exodus. The relocation process should begin in about 6 weeks but I was told that the upper bowl should have the same movement as they have had recently which is little or none.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Apparently the renewal rate was at about the 95% mark. I know some that post on here were predicting a semi-mass exodus. The relocation process should begin in about 6 weeks but I was told that the upper bowl should have the same movement as they have had recently which is little or none.

So they say. That number is probably completely BS and we would never know.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Some of the STH seats that didn't renew were probably converted to half or mini plans. Makes the STH loss appear less. It was probably around 80-85% though.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011

Why wait until mid-July to do it?

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
About a month back my Knicks Rep said that the Knicks relocation process should be around the beginning of June and the Rangers will be shortly after that. But I have not heard anything since.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013

Yup..what else will they say..and it prob would be even lower if the deadline was after the end of the playoffs. Those reps have zero credibility and prob used us as messengers

You seriously believe that 95% would renew their 200 level seats behind the net at $100 per? Or lowers behind the net?? C'mon..thanks for passing msg propaganda

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
They obviously think they will have ZERO trouble selling all non-renewals as minis. Otherwise they would be pushing upgrades and seat additions. I think we are going to have very little to look at during the virtual upgrade. Lol.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
They obviously think they will have ZERO trouble selling all non-renewals as minis. Otherwise they would be pushing upgrades and seat additions. I think we are going to have very little to look at during the virtual upgrade. Lol.

We will have very little to look at because they will hold onto inventory for more profitable minis and halfs. I really think next season will be the inflection point with a mediocre team at these prices. The cycle will turn and there will be unsold FS uppers in a year or two. $100 200s behind the net is pushing it. Once FS subscribers start losing significant money there will be a mass exodus. And next season maybe the season upper FS lose money. Lower FS have already been losing money

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yup..what else will they say..and it prob would be even lower if the deadline was after the end of the playoffs. Those reps have zero credibility and prob used us as messengers

You seriously believe that 95% would renew their 200 level seats behind the net at $100 per? Or lowers behind the net?? C'mon..thanks for passing msg propaganda

To be fair the renewal rate could be much less than that for those sections and still allow for a 95% overall rate. That said, any information received from a rep should be taken with quite a few grains of salt.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I do find it funny how there used to be media releases about renewal info with how much prices went up on average, renewal rates, etc. Now there's nothing like that. Everything's a secret as evidenced by them not posting prices on their website.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I do find it funny how there used to be media releases about renewal info with how much prices went up on average, renewal rates, etc. Now there's nothing like that. Everything's a secret as evidenced by them not posting prices on their website.

yup, they stopped publishing the seating chart like 3-4 years ago altogether

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
yup, they stopped publishing the seating chart like 3-4 years ago altogether

Well, you can't fault them for that.

With the enhancements of multiple tenured based, row based, aisle seat based, minis based, halfs based, "whether I am friends with my Rep" based, "whether I take my Rep to lunch" based, and "whether I run into JD or his relative and yelled Sell The Team" based, etc etc multi-dimensional pricing structures, there is no way to publish a single seating chart. They will need to hire GG to print a seating book.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Just wondering if I make a payment today on my plan (the same value as the next due on 6/1) will it bump back the next payment date to 7/1? I've always let it autopay, but I want to use one of my other cards on file.

Just made a pre-payment on my Knicks account so I assume it works the same for the Rangers. I paid X with 5 scheduled payments remaining and each scheduled payment was credited X/5 (approximately). So your payment schedule won't change but the amounts you owe will.

I realize this likely doesn't help the OP but hopefully worthwhile for future reference.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Just made a pre-payment on my Knicks account so I assume it works the same for the Rangers. I paid X with 5 scheduled payments remaining and each scheduled payment was credited X/5 (approximately). So your payment schedule won't change but the amounts you owe will.

I realize this likely doesn't help the OP but hopefully worthwhile for future reference.

That's actually perfect and thank you for letting me know. My rep finally reached back out to me and said just let the payment go through as there have been issues with what I was trying to do with others expecting that to happen. I'm assuming this is what she meant.

My concern was I have the payments on a smaller card of mine and wanted to move it to my card with a bigger balance to avoid issues. I'll just make sure I have enough room before the beginning of every month.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Spoke to soon. Yesterday, I received the email about "Libs for Kids". Maybe my rep was on vacation? I resonded saying, "Yeah right. Garden makes enough money. They can donate the tickets or use some of the 45% increase in my ticket prices to fund this. MSG really has some nerve sending this out." Response was the F-YOU variety or "Thanks for the email. Appreciate the response. Please let me know if you need anything from me."

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Libs for Kids thing might be the most sleazy and scummy thing the Dolans have done in their reign of error and think of the ground that covers.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The Libs for Kids thing might be the most sleazy and scummy thing the Dolans have done in their reign of error and think of the ground that covers.

Needy kids tend to need food and clothing most, but I'm guessing MSG isn't handing out any free $12 sandwiches / $6 sodas or $100 Liberty jerseys when they're at the game...

Maybe that's the next email we're going to get lol

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
I'm told we should expect notifications about relocation to hit in early July.

Hmmm... just maybe, this is for people with multiple sets of season tickets. The more months paid in the harder it is to drop pairs of season tickets. Nothing would surprise me. Lol.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Hmmm... just maybe, this is for people with multiple sets of season tickets. The more months paid in the harder it is to drop pairs of season tickets. Nothing would surprise me. Lol.

Pretty sure it's past the point of dropping seasons now, no?

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Just got the Knicks Reloc email:

"Thank you for standing with your city and your team by joining us for the 2017–18 season.

You've recently shown interest in relocating to new seats for next season. Here's what you need to know to make that happen:
– In the coming days, you'll receive an email with a specific appointment date and time based on your membership tenure. This is when your window opens to relocate for next season.

– From your scheduled appointment time until the relocation window closes, you'll be able to use our online tool to watch for new seats as they become available and claim the exact ones you want for the 2017-18 season.
For the smoothest experience possible, click here to check out detailed instructions before your scheduled appointment time.

If you've indicated that you'd like to buy additional seats, information regarding your specific appointment time will be communicated shortly after the relocation process is complete.

Please note, our seating inventory will be subject to availability. Also, in order to take part in this relocation or add-on process, you'll need to stick to your existing payment terms as well as adhere to all Madison Square Garden terms and conditions, including our four (4) seat limit, previously agreed upon in your renewal invoice.

If you need help with anything, please do not hesitate to contact me at 212-631-
Speak soon – and Let's Go Knicks!

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think this part is hilarious:

2016:
I am so glad you're joining us for the 2016 – 17 season—and the 70th Anniversary—of our New York Knicks. It's going to be a truly exciting one.

2017:
Thank you for standing with your city and your team by joining us for the 2017–18 season.

So basically they were glad in 2016 but in 2017 they're depressed and they're not expecting any excitement and don't understand why anyone is still here :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad