Waived: Rangers Release Maxim Lapierre from PTO

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
This just makes AV's decision to play him in every single preseason game even more mystifying. Anyone could see after 2 games that Lapierre brought nothing to the table, especially when taking our depth into account. Other players under contract could have gotten a better look.

Oh well, I'm happy that rat is gone.

Greatest moment ever was watching Lapierre have a front row seat as the puck slides into the net literally right in front of his rat face.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
given AVs track record of playing favorites and letting superior players go over Tanner Glass, those of us who were worried (myself included) were completely justified in doing so.

No, it proves that you weren't justified in doing so and maybe you should rethink your understanding of AV.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
No, it proves that you weren't justified in doing so and maybe you should rethink your understanding of AV.

The worry was 100% justfied. If you can't see that then I seriously wonder what team youve been watching for the past 3 years.

Need I list the superior players we lost so that Tanner Glass could have a job?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

If it was so clear that AV would never, ever pick Lapierre to make the team, how in the hell did he play every single game up until he got released, which btw, is a decision Gorton, not AV, makes. AV chooses the roster we ice, meaning he was the one deciding to put Lapierre in all those games at the expense of other players.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
This just makes AV's decision to play him in every single preseason game even more mystifying. Anyone could see after 2 games that Lapierre brought nothing to the table, especially when taking our depth into account. Other players under contract could have gotten a better look.

How is it mystifying? They were giving a guy a chance to showcase himself for any scouts watching the game. A PTO is as much about getting an opportunity to win over another team as it is the one that offered it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The worry was 100% justfied. If you can't see that then I seriously wonder what team youve been watching for the past 3 years.

Not in this thread, but the reality is that the list is full of players whose superiority is questionable.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
How is it mystifying? They were giving a guy a chance to showcase himself for any scouts watching the game. A PTO is as much about getting an opportunity to win over another team as it is the one that offered it.

Was just going to say this.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

I get that, but the Rangers owed Lapierre nothing. And if it was a favor to his agent as previously speculated, you can do that without sacrificing playing time for other, more valuable players that are legitimately on the bubble.

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
I was legitimately concerned they'd keep him, not gonna lie.

So the decision to play him every game was a favor to him in hopes that he could latch on somewhere. Not unreasonable. Maybe a team will sign him.

Nonvolition

Nov 16, 2010
New York, NY
I assumed this was a Lapierre vs Glass thing, and this move shows that the Tanner Glass Love Affair is still going strong.

wgqd0z.jpg

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

AV is a coach, not a GM and if the GM (Sather/Gorton) think Glass is playing when he shouldn't then they should have the stones to trade him, demote him, buy him out or otherwise take out the garbage.

Any players "lost" are completely on upper management - AV might have input but responsibility starts and ends at the top.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Oh well, I'm happy that rat is gone.

Greatest moment ever was watching Lapierre have a front row seat as the puck slides into the net literally right in front of his rat face.

However poor a player you might believe he is, insulting peoples person like that is severely uncalled for

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Have we really gotten to the point where we are sure AV is not going to make mystifying roster and lineup decisions?

Good to know. Must have been a productive summer while I was away.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He looked gassed the last 4 periods he played but I thought he fulfilled his job description well.

Better than that imp Gerbe. I thought Lapierre was better than a few of the fringe forwards.

But ce la vite.

Jooris still fills that C/RW 4th line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->