Waived: Rangers Release Maxim Lapierre from PTO

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I bet AV had Tanny and Maxy in a room together and said something along the lines of "This town's not big enough for the both-a us" while spitting in to a spittoon. Sheriff Tanny still on patrol for now.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Thank God... Why he got 4 games is beyond me.

Jooris please get better!

Glass to Hartford next. NHL depth (if you can even call Glass that) that can make it through waivers

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Wait, what? For the past few days I've been assured that AV was a fool and was going to cut all the kids in favor of Lapierre. :huh:

I was thinking this exact thing. Hopefully it will teach some people not to react to something that hasn't happened yet.

I thought he looked alright. I wouldn't have been heartbroken if he was our stopgap until Lindberg gets back, but I can't say I'm disappointed they released him.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
How can this be true?

I was told by many people that they could read AV's mind, and when they read his mind, they knew he would stop at nothing to keep his pets.

What gives?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Thank ****** god! Nothing against the guy, but given AV's mancrush on Tanny's "intangibles", I was worried LaPierre was going to push a more deserving kid onto the waiver wire or down to Hartford.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I was thinking this exact thing. Hopefully it will teach some people not to react to something that hasn't happened yet.

I thought he looked alright. I wouldn't have been heartbroken if he was our stopgap until Lindberg gets back, but I can't say I'm disappointed they released him.

Yeah that's the really ironic part. He actually played decently in his stint.

Unfortunately, unless we get a statement from AV about it, I'm sure this will all be pawned off as AV being a moron, and Gorton stepping in and taking his toy away. In reality, it's just a team and a coach giving a guy a shot to get back into the league.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Exactly what I thought would happen. Another body in camp with a longshot PTO. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and, in this case, nothing lost.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
given AVs track record of playing favorites and letting superior players go over Tanner Glass, those of us who were worried (myself included) were completely justified in doing so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->