Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Watching the Gropp interview he mentions coming back this summer to the area to train with Prentiss, which is great news. Smart for him and the organization to train with some pro Rangers and hopefully he can have a great camp and be ready for a top 6 role in Hartford.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Maybe not the thread for it, but how is Tkachev/Tkachyov getting on at camp?

Think he'll stick?

He is not at camp. He apparently had visa issues, but he also allegedly signing a new contract with his KHL team so he is probably not going to be with the Rangers at all

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Can someone who does Twitter ask one of the beat guys about Paliotta and his QO status? Really curious about that one.

Cap friendly has Paliotta, Jensen and Donnay (wtf???) as the remaining minor league RFAs, all other previous RFA players are now listed as UFAs. Do not know if this is accurate. Why waste a roster spot on Donnay that has shown little to warrant this? Maybe they do not know yet so they left his status RFA but that also seems a bit odd. We should know shortly

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Cap friendly has Paliotta, Jensen and Donnay (wtf???) as the remaining minor league RFAs, all other previous RFA players are now listed as UFAs. Do not know if this is accurate. Why waste a roster spot on Donnay that has shown little to warrant this? Maybe they do not know yet so they left his status RFA but that also seems a bit odd. We should know shortly

FWIW HFBoards QO page has Donnay, and Beck, unannounced:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2357017
but does show Paliotta UFA

i'd have QO'd Paliotta
and also Beck (just puts him on NYR list with Klingberg if they ever try to return)

but i guess Gorton maybe wants a clean sweep

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wow. His accent is not very pronounced...speaks amazing English (like many Swedes do). Comes off as cool-headed and intelligent; confident, but not in a cocky way. Overall, just seems like a total Pro that is mentally ready for the next step. I think I'm gonna like this kid.

It's the exact type of guy who infuriates our fanbase after a tough loss in interviews for being "vanilla".

But I agree, and he looks 20-21 at least.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Anyone who watched the NCAA championships would have seen this. This is Larry Brooks-level reporting LOL

I seemed to have missed when we signed this kid, but I've seen many people mention him.

Does anyone have a rundown of his expecations/skillset?

Thanks

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Anyone who watched the NCAA championships would have seen this. This is Larry Brooks-level reporting LOL

I would say not many people watched the NCAA championships so having someone observing him now say that he's a good skater isn't a bad thing

The vast majority of people know almost nothing about Pionk or other prospects. More info in general isn't a bad thing

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would say not many people watched the NCAA championships so having someone observing him now say that he's a good skater isn't a bad thing

The vast majority of people know almost nothing about Pionk or other prospects. More info in general isn't a bad thing

He was the most coveted NCAA free agent, after he declared he would go pro. I don't know how popular college hockey is in the US, compared to college football or basketball though.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have high hopes we will see him making a noticeable impact at the NHL level this season.

I feel the same way. He forfeited the 3rd and 4th year in college to go pro. I doubt he would if it was just to play in the AHL for 2 years. He has people advicing him

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I have high hopes we will see him making a noticeable impact at the NHL level this season.

I'm hoping he has a very similar impact that Stetcher had for the Canucks last year

Stetcher was playing top pairing minutes with Edler towards the end of last year

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I'm hoping he has a very similar impact that Stetcher had for the Canucks last year

Stetcher was playing top pairing minutes with Edler towards the end of last year

It looks like there will be a competition to see who gets the last defenseman spot, depending on free agent signings of course. Guys like Pionk and Bear Gloves probably have the best chance to nab that final spot.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He was the most coveted NCAA free agent, after he declared he would go pro. I don't know how popular college hockey is in the US, compared to college football or basketball though.

Realistically not very. It doesn't get much national tv exposure like football and basketball.

I doubt that many Rangers fans living in NYC watched a lot of UMD hockey. People on prospect boards aren't the only ones reading tweets and such.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It looks like there will be a competition to see who gets the last defenseman spot, depending on free agent signings of course. Guys like Pionk and Bear Gloves probably have the best chance to nab that final spot.

I wouldn't rule out Pedrie who also signed. He came in to Hartford and had 5 points in 9 games. He's older than Pionk. I really like all 3 of those signings. Bereglazov, Pionk and Pedrie.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Three rookies made their debut last season. First time in ages that happened in NY.

Gotta wonder who of any make their rookie debut this year?

I'm going to go with Boo Nieves, Ryan Graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->