Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1. Buchnevich- RW
2. DeAngelo- RD
3. Andersson- C/LW
4. Shestyorkhin- G
5. Bereglazov- RD
6. Chytil- C
7. Graves- LD
8. Day- LD
9. Huska- G
10. Zborovskiy- D
11. Wall- G
12. Pionk- D
13. Nieves- C
14. Gettinger- W
15. Kovacs- W

Better or worse top 15 than this time last year?

Buchnevich and DeAngelo aren't prospects. Also, I'm not sure about Andersson ahead of Shestyorkin, unless you are just completely against ranking goalies high.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know it's early but I was just coming to ask about the WJC for this coming January. I agree with you that Chytil will be a given, but does anyone here who is more familiar with the younger guys have a guess whom else might be playing in the WJC this season potentially?

Edit: I guess Andersson too is probably likely.

Also, we drafted probably another two players who will play in the WJC this year, Andersson and Chytil. Sjalin might have a chance, although it probably is more likely that he'll play next season, not the upcoming one. So we really should have at least two in the WJC's this upcoming season, and then probably one more when you consider the chances of Day, Gettinger, Sjalin and Wall. Would not be bad to have 3 in the WJC's this year, I'd take that.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Buchnevich and DeAngelo aren't prospects. Also, I'm not sure about Andersson ahead of Shestyorkin, unless you are just completely against ranking goalies high.

I was going by the midyear criteria of 40 NHL games or less, 24 and under.

I'm hesitant to rank Shesty too high because goalies are really difficult to evaluate coming from large ice surfaces and a league with less net-front traffic.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He was never officially confirmed to he coming for camp though. Pretty sure it was just a rumor. Either that, or plans changed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was going by the midyear criteria of 40 NHL games or less, 24 and under.

I'm hesitant to rank Shesty too high because goalies are really difficult to evaluate coming from large ice surfaces and a league with less net-front traffic.

Buchnevich played 41 NHL games last season. He's not eligible, under that criteria. DeAngelo 39, so he just qualifies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
really interested in seeing how poink looks...aren't many RHD in the system

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Paliotta non-QO surprise to me, the others no great losses
wonder if Russion G who plays in Finland has out clause from his 3 year extension, takes Skapski's place

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Paliotta non-QO surprise to me, the others no great losses
wonder if Russion G who plays in Finland has out clause from his 3 year extension, takes Skapski's place

Very surprising to me re: Paliotta. I thought he had a very good year when healthy. I guess the team felt otherwise. Again though, RHD are still sort of a commodity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->