Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd say the Rangers top 10 prospects are ranked:

• Andersson
  • Chytil
  • Sheshyorkin
  • Howden
  • Hajek
  • Pionk
  • Ronning
  • Rykov
  • Huska
  • Lindgren
  • Day

I'm kind of looking at it this way right now:

1. Chytil
2. Andersson
3. Shesterkin
4. Georgiev (looks NHL ready)
5. Pionk (looks NHL ready)
6. Howden
7. Hajek
8. Lindgren
9. Ronning (he did pretty well in the games he played in the AHL last year--add that to a 60+ goal CHL season)
10. Rykov
11. Nieves (no reason not to think he'll at least be a 4th line center)
12. Lettieri (no reason not to think he'll be a decent 3rd or 4th line wing though maybe on another team)
13. Gilmour (he's been better than I expected though there are areas he needs to work on)
14. Day
15. Bereglazov (I'm still intrigued with him and am wondering if he'll be much better prepared for the next training camp)
16. Gettinger
17. Fontaine
18. Huska
19. Gropp
20. Bigras

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Speaking of Bigras: he’s actually almost fully matched his output with San Antonio in 12 fewer games with Hartford. Graves only has 2 points in 10 games with the Rampage.

It was an interesting swap, but Bigras did have a lot of upside before his concussions. He has a 15 game stint under his belt, and he actually got an assist against us in the season opener.

Reactions: Joey Bones

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Klingberg and Jensen have combined for 7 points in 43 career NHL games. Isn't it speculation to say either or both would be better than Carey or Holland? Particularly Klingberg who at 27 is now playing in the NLA, which is probably sub-AHL level.

I leave out McLeod because a dead skunk would be better than him.
I dont think you are wrong in how you are perceiving this. But I would argue their skillset/abilities are better than Carey and Holland. Maybe there could be an argument made for Carey. Maybe. But definitely not Holland.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Speaking of Bigras: he’s actually almost fully matched his output with San Antonio in 12 fewer games with Hartford. Graves only has 2 points in 10 games with the Rampage.

It was an interesting swap, but Bigras did have a lot of upside before his concussions. He has a 15 game stint under his belt, and he actually got an assist against us in the season opener.

When Tampa was looking to move Drouin a couple of years ago,Colorado was interested in reuniting Drouin with MacKinnon. Bigras was one of the players Yzerman wanted in the trade with the Avs.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'm kind of looking at it this way right now:

1. Chytil
2. Andersson
3. Shesterkin
4. Georgiev (looks NHL ready)
5. Pionk (looks NHL ready)
6. Howden
7. Hajek
8. Lindgren
9. Ronning (he did pretty well in the games he played in the AHL last year--add that to a 60+ goal CHL season)
10. Rykov
11. Nieves (no reason not to think he'll at least be a 4th line center)
12. Lettieri (no reason not to think he'll be a decent 3rd or 4th line wing though maybe on another team)
13. Gilmour (he's been better than I expected though there are areas he needs to work on)
14. Day
15. Bereglazov (I'm still intrigued with him and am wondering if he'll be much better prepared for the next training camp)
16. Gettinger
17. Fontaine
18. Huska
19. Gropp
20. Bigras

Hard to argue with this overall.

I'd probably have:

1. Chytil
2. Andersson
3. Shesterkin
4. Pionk
5. Georgiev
6. Howden
7. Hajek
8. Rykov
9. Lindgren
10. Ronning
11. Lettieri
12. Huska
13. Nieves
14. Gilmour
15. Gettinger
16. Day
17. Fontaine
18. Bereglazov
19. Gropp
20. Bigras

Though you can make an argument for either or both of the still-young Nell/Wall to slot in the last five.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
When Tampa was looking to move Drouin a couple of years ago,Colorado was interested in reuniting Drouin with MacKinnon. Bigras was one of the players Yzerman wanted in the trade with the Avs.
Yeah, and Avs fans rated him as their top prospect a year or two ago. He was on that Canada U18 team where McDavid annihilated everyone on their way to gold, and he had a really good D+1 year on a bad Owen Sound team. If he can overcome the concussions and “scared” play as Avs fans described it, he may have been a sneakily good add by Gorton. Having dmen that can step in as injury call-ups is always a useful asset for an organization

Reactions: belford222

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Yeah, and Avs fans rated him as their top prospect a year or two ago. He was on that Canada U18 team where McDavid annihilated everyone on their way to gold, and he had a really good D+1 year on a bad Owen Sound team. If he can overcome the concussions and “scared” play as Avs fans described it, he may have been a sneakily good add by Gorton. Having dmen that can step in as injury call-ups is always a useful asset for an organization

Aint' holding my breath, but we've been given a long look at Gilmour and I don't think he's any better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd say the top 10 is.

1. Shestyorkin
2. Chytil
3. Andersson
4. Rykov
5. Howden
6. Hajek
7. Georgiyev
8. Lindgren
9. Pionk
10. Huska

Thats pretty decent, actually. Two high-end prospects at the top who are top 10-20 around the league, another 4 who could be considered top 50, depending on the list, two decent rookies in the NHL, and another few kids with very reasonable NHL potential.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'd say the top 10 is.

1. Shestyorkin
2. Chytil
3. Andersson
4. Rykov
5. Howden
6. Hajek
7. Georgiyev
8. Lindgren
9. Pionk
10. Huska

Thats pretty decent, actually. Two high-end prospects at the top who are top 10-20 around the league, another 4 who could be considered top 50, depending on the list, two decent rookies in the NHL, and another few kids with very reasonable NHL potential.

Much better. I do like Barron, though. That list should be greatly improved after the upcoming draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Saturday at 1 on ESPNNews Barron is playing against BU. I think its their first round tournament game. Do we have any other prospects who made the NCAA tournament?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I gave Carey some **** to start the year, but he settled into a nice groove and has been a good 4th liner IMO. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back, and I like Holland as a AAAA vet for Hartford. McLeod is ****ing useless, and Jensen should’ve been given a chance to win a spot out of camp this year. He carried Hartford all of last season and was good in his brief call-up to the NHL. He’s only 2 years older than Lettier
As far as I know, Jensen left on his own accord and made his decision independent of whatever was going on with the Rangers. So he probably would have been given a look. He signed his KHL deal in July and I believe was already with Jokerit when we started camp.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
1. Shestyorkin
2. Andersson
3. Chytil
4. Howden
5. Hajek
6. Pionk
7. Rykov
8. Lindgren
9. Georgiev
10. Lettieri
11. Ronning
12. Nieves
13. Day
14. Huska
15. Gettinger
16. Barron
17. Bigras
18. Gilmour
19. Crawley
20. Fontaine

Reactions: Mac n Gs

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Barron. I'd rank him in the low 20's right now--kind of in there with Virta, Crawley and Sjalin. He's had a pretty good freshman year at Cornell....had a great start but then his offense kind of dried up. If he continues to improve he could move into my top 20 next year though. Right now I'd say he's got at least two more years at Cornell. I wouldn't sign him after next season unless he really broke out.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
this is always fun to compare here's how I see it.

1. Chytil
2. Shesterkin
3. Andersson
4. Hajek
5. Howden
6. Lindgren
7. Pionk
8. Georgiev (he's forced himself into the conversation)
9. Rykov
10. Day
11. Huska (stupid decision to go to UConn always has been needs to turn pro immediately)
12. Ronning
13. Barron (I've watched this kid play a number of times now and he's got tremendous upside)
14. Lettieri
15. Crawley (interesting prospect think people forget how young he is)
16. Gilmour (he's too old and still way to raw he slips for me)
17. Bigras (tremendous upside but also age playing a factor at this point)
18. Fontaine (brass high on him)
19. Gettinger (can't skate)
20. Gropp ( I still like him)

honorable mentions Tyler Nanne, Patrick Virta, Tyler Wall (although falling fast)

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
1. Shestyorkin
2. Andersson
3. Chytil
4. Howden
5. Hajek
6. Pionk
7. Rykov
8. Lindgren
9. Georgiev
10. Lettieri
11. Ronning
12. Nieves
13. Day
14. Huska
15. Gettinger
16. Barron
17. Bigras
18. Gilmour
19. Crawley
20. Fontaine
Top 10, really good, the bottom 10....average at best!

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I'd say the top 10 is.

1. Shestyorkin
2. Chytil
3. Andersson
4. Rykov
5. Howden
6. Hajek
7. Georgiyev
8. Lindgren
9. Pionk
10. Huska

I think I'd have Day at 10 over Huska.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I'd say the top 10 is.

1. Shestyorkin
2. Chytil
3. Andersson
4. Rykov
5. Howden
6. Hajek
7. Georgiyev
8. Lindgren
9. Pionk
10. Huska

And we'll be adding potentially 5 more top 62 picks

Might have the best prospect pool in the league once the draft settles

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Day should be higher (10)

Day is one of those guys who could climb considerably, or fall pretty quickly. I'm very interested to see how he does when he turns pro.

Overall, lists can be deceiving because the difference between six and nine, or ten and fifteen can be pretty small.

Reactions: Joey Bones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad