Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I think at the end of all of this, Chytil will be the best player on this team (from what we have currently on the team + on the farm)

Once he's in a mans body he's going to be a stud. The only slightly concerning thing is his consistency thus far... seems like he puts up most of his points in bunches then goes quiet before doing it all over again. We saw this in the WJC too when he started off hot but disappeared towards the end (although that may have been injury related). I wouldn't look too far into it yet and just be happy that he's putting up points against men to begin with

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
While we are on the Group III topic, NYR should really consider bringing Nicklas Jensen back to the organization. Played pretty well for Jokerit so far....

Nicklas Jensen

If he would come back over, I'd promise him a NHL spot right now on the 4th line. His size, speed and overall game is exactly what would fit in well on this teams 4th line. I honestly wish he had stayed this year

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If he would come back over, I'd promise him a NHL spot right now on the 4th line. His size, speed and overall game is exactly what would fit in well on this teams 4th line. I honestly wish he had stayed this year

Think he'd be better suited on the 3rd line. Anybody over McLeod and Carey. I like Carey, but Jensen is an obvious upgrade.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I like Carey. Nothing eye-popping, but he doesn't hurt the team. If Jensen plays that role as well, that's not a bad thing.

I'd rather have Carey and Jensen on the 4th line than Carey and McLeod.

Huska and Wall looked to have bad seasons on paper. What's the story? UMASS doesn't look like they had a great season as a team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like Carey. Nothing eye-popping, but he doesn't hurt the team. If Jensen plays that role as well, that's not a bad thing.

I'd rather have Carey and Jensen on the 4th line than Carey and McLeod.

Huska and Wall looked to have bad seasons on paper. What's the story? UMASS doesn't look like they had a great season as a team.
Huska was fine. He got off to a hot start then injured himself. He played through the injury IIRC but it didn't go great. Eventually he got back into form and was playing really well again. Then he missed five weeks after breaking his wrist. UConn also sucks. Whoever is playing goalie has to carry the team. I don't have a problem with his season, all things considered it was pretty good.

UML also had a bad season. Wall went in as the starter but was done after being pulled from like 3 of his first 6 games or something. Then, he basically never got to play. The Senior ahead of him was starting literally every game. Wall finally got another shot what seemed like two months later. He actually played really well in a couple starts and was looking like he was going to force a split down the stretch, but then he had another meltdown start and that was basically it for him. Just a bad season in terms of performance which resulted in him only seeing a fraction of the starts that he otherwise would have.

Reactions: OnlyRevolutions

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Jensen and Klingberg would have been significantly better options than McLeod, Carey, and Holland.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jensen and Klingberg would have been significantly better options than McLeod, Carey, and Holland.
Klingberg and Jensen have combined for 7 points in 43 career NHL games. Isn't it speculation to say either or both would be better than Carey or Holland? Particularly Klingberg who at 27 is now playing in the NLA, which is probably sub-AHL level.

I leave out McLeod because a dead skunk would be better than him.

Reactions: kovazub94

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd be fine with a Carey/Jensen duo on the 4th line. Both can skate. Both are pretty good 2-way players. Both can get their nose dirty when needed. And both have shown an ability to score at other levels so they know what to do with the puck when they have it.

I'm just not a fan of Holland.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I understand if people don't like Carey, Holland and McLeod, but I just don't understand the logic that a guy who is 25 and a guy that is 27 and aren't playing in North America would just automatically be better options. I liked Jensen, I was higher on him than a lot of people, particularly after his WC performance, but until a guy proves he can do the job in the NHL it's speculation to say that he could. Jensen would hardly be the first guy to play well in the AHL and KHL but not cut it in the NHL. He COULD be better than Holland and Carey but no one can make that definitive statement. Same for Klingberg who elected to go play in a significantly lesser league than Jensen and is two years older.

I'd love to have Jensen in camp, trying to win a spot. I'm optimistic he could do it. Klingberg, he'll be 28 by mid-season, hasn't played in North America for 3 years, and now plays in a mediocre European league. I don't know why anyone would want him to come back. He wasn't even much of a player in the KHL.

Feels like there's a sentiment that pervades HF that the guys we don't have are always better than the guys we do have.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I understand if people don't like Carey, Holland and McLeod, but I just don't understand the logic that a guy who is 25 and a guy that is 27 and aren't playing in North America would just automatically be better options. I liked Jensen, I was higher on him than a lot of people, particularly after his WC performance, but until a guy proves he can do the job in the NHL it's speculation to say that he could. Jensen would hardly be the first guy to play well in the AHL and KHL but not cut it in the NHL. He COULD be better than Holland and Carey but no one can make that definitive statement. Same for Klingberg who elected to go play in a significantly lesser league than Jensen and is two years older.

I'd love to have Jensen in camp, trying to win a spot. I'm optimistic he could do it. Klingberg, he'll be 28 by mid-season, hasn't played in North America for 3 years, and now plays in a mediocre European league. I don't know why anyone would want him to come back. He wasn't even much of a player in the KHL.

Feels like there's a sentiment that pervades HF that the guys we don't have are always better than the guys we do have.

Some of it is also the "former prospect" pedigree that people look for.

In the cases of Jensen and Klingberg, there's that former first round/former second round pick aspect. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to guys with that pedigree, and who had some success earlier in their career. Whereas with journeyman, we perceive them to be scrubs who are getting their late-career season or two in the big time.

Not saying it's right; but it's probably not as far off as we'd think.

Reactions: romba

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As far as Jensen goes it kind of depends on many contracts we have and what RFA's we re-sign. If the Rangers sign a few college/European/CHL free agents along with two-three-four UFA's this summer there might not be room for him. Klingberg's ship has sailed.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I gave Carey some shit to start the year, but he settled into a nice groove and has been a good 4th liner IMO. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back, and I like Holland as a AAAA vet for Hartford. McLeod is f***ing useless, and Jensen should’ve been given a chance to win a spot out of camp this year. He carried Hartford all of last season and was good in his brief call-up to the NHL. He’s only 2 years older than Lettier

Reactions: Alluckks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad