Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well that's a bit different since we can see Barzal is likely going to be a elite player, Pettersson still has a lot to prove.

The way I see it:

Pettersson (70-90 point player)

vs

Chytil (55-75 point player) + Andersson (40-60 point player, great 2 way player, leader).

I'd rather have the 2 players. I guess it depends how high someone thinks of Pettersson. If you see him as a top 3 future forward in the league, then I can see taking him.

I don't know what more Pettersson actually has to prove. He was the best player in his draft class in his draft year, and now is the best player in his draft class in his draft+1 year.

I agree that he has to now show this in the NHL, but it seems like a formality.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Way too early to make that call. If anything I'd take production in the AHL over the SHL, even if he is lighting that league on fire

So you'd prefer players averaging .65-.75 in the AHL over 1.21 in the SHL? They are even leagues by like any objective measure.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He plays an awful lot of games on the wing and in the wjc as a wing. He projects to a winger in the nhl

Thats such flawed logic. Does Draisaitl project as a winger when he plays on McDavid's wing?

Pettersson has also been playing more center than wing lately, and I don't know how exactly he projects as a winger. He has good size, he's very smart, responsible defensively, he's more of a playmaker than goal-scorer. What about his game projects as a winger? Or is it just that he played some winger on a new team in his first few games in the highest level league he's played in yet?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Thats such flawed logic. Does Draisaitl project as a winger when he plays on McDavid's wing?

Pettersson has also been playing more center than wing lately, and I don't know how exactly he projects as a winger. He has good size, he's very smart, responsible defensively, he's more of a playmaker than goal-scorer. What about his game projects as a winger? Or is it just that he played some winger on a new team in his first few games in the highest level league he's played in yet?
First few games or in all the important games he’s ever played?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Really nice to see Day coming back strong from his injury.

I'm skeptical that his game will translate well to the pros, but there's no ignoring the tools that he has.

Him going into the AHL next season is probably really good for him. He'll be on what is likely a good roster. Depending on who is down there, probably gets 3rd pair minutes to start, Hajek is likely the better player right now.

To me, he will be one of the most interesting players to watch in camp. They've added quite a few LHD via trade. He'll be right in the mix with them to show what he has.

Reactions: bl02

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He plays as center with Vaxjo this season. I think that's a better indication as what position he played in a single tournament for 7 games

He's played more wing then C for Växjö, with that said i've always projected him as a C once he's settled in the NHL, he's so insanely smart on the ice that C should be his best position.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Contract situation? He’s already signed

I think he's referring to the fact that Chytil's contract can slide again if he doesn't play 10 or more games next year, but I seriously doubt the Rangers will care about that if Chytil shows that he is ready. Leaving him in the AHL when he is ready for the NHL buys us another year, but it won't do much for Chytil's development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad