Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
There might be no room for him soon, I’d hate to trade him though
IMO we pretty much have to keep him unless or until one of Chytil/Andersson/Howden show they can handle tough matchups consistently. Hayes is our only C who can do that now.

Reactions: Edge

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
LOL Hartford has become like a Marvel movie or James Bond. Every year it's "Best. Team. Ever." or "This is the year they're stacked."

Watch it be those three with Ronning and a bunch of junk on the wings.
Also if Chytil and LA make the big club the Pack look much less formidable as well.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I would trade anyone for the right return, but Hayes might be the last Ranger I would look to deal.
Agreed on all the above. Hayes is still young, coming into his own and showing growth in his leadership abilities. I might get jumped for this but I’d sooner trade Zucc than Hayes, even if it’s for a bit less of a return.

Reactions: belford222

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think over 50% is good no matter what league. It's pretty much a 50/50 shot at winning a faceoff, already.
Right I understand that over 50% is good, but I'm trying to look at the context. Like say it's high school. You'd expect the average senior to win way more than 50% against the average freshman, right? Because that's basically what Howden is, the HS senior--4th year in the league. Now of course he's not just taking face-offs against the 16-year-old player. In fact, as a top C on his team, he's probably taking them against the older players more often than not. That's really what I'm getting at, though. I just don't know what a good FO% is for a guy in his position because I lack context.

It's just like how guys come into the NHL and usually struggle. Year over year, the guys that are actually good will get better. Even the guys who aren't good, you can generally expect them to be better in their third year in the league than in their rookie year. What's the progression for guys in Juniors? IDK.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'd say he is at least above average --- he takes a lot of the difficult draws.

With that said, going 19/25 seems like a video game number.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
There might be no room for him soon, I’d hate to trade him though

Worry about that problem when it becomes a problem, and it would be a good problem to have.

Given how well Hayes has played of late, he might do better on the wing now than he has in the past. Or one of the others might end up being better suited to the wing, or fail to reach Hayes' level.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Right I understand that over 50% is good, but I'm trying to look at the context. Like say it's high school. You'd expect the average senior to win way more than 50% against the average freshman, right? Because that's basically what Howden is, the HS senior--4th year in the league. Now of course he's not just taking face-offs against the 16-year-old player. In fact, as a top C on his team, he's probably taking them against the older players more often than not. That's really what I'm getting at, though. I just don't know what a good FO% is for a guy in his position because I lack context.

It's just like how guys come into the NHL and usually struggle. Year over year, the guys that are actually good will get better. Even the guys who aren't good, you can generally expect them to be better in their third year in the league than in their rookie year. What's the progression for guys in Juniors? IDK.

For sure. I'm just thinking it's pretty accurate that face-off wins per game and anything above 50% is good. There could be a contextual numbers to it, though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ronning scores his 60th

I imagine there'll be a highlight video later tonight.

I haven't commented in a while on Ronning because he's been pretty quiet in the home games I've attended. I've got one more regular season home game on Friday night and then the playoffs start next week (barring anything drastic I'm fairly sure Ronning/Giants will draw Victoria, probably as the lower seed in the matchup)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rykov was paired at practice today with a player returning from injury, which makes me think he's not going to play tomorrow.

Looking at the D pairs, I can't imagine any of the first three pairs will be sitting, so its probably down to 4 and 5. Rykov is paired with Khafizullin, Belov with Rundblad. I don't think they'd have a problem sitting Rundblad, but I'm not sure they'd sit Belov.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
The overage players are really feasting in the WHL this season.

Ronning is still a small guy though, no? So one can hope (a little) that the overage thing is less of a factor with him. Hopefully, it's more a case of his NHL genes kicking in.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Ronning is still a small guy though, no? So one can hope (a little) that the overage thing is less of a factor with him. Hopefully, it's more a case of his NHL genes kicking in.

Frankly, I thought he might have a shot as an energy guy who pops in some points BEFORE this season. His production this year is more of a bonus IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->