Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #8

Who is our #8 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C/LW Boo Nieves won round 7. D Calle Sjalin is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

Boo Nieves
C/LW
Born Jan 23 1994 --Syracuse, NY
Height 6.03 -- Weight 220

2017-18New York RangersNHL27GP18910PIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PROSPECT RANKINGS

1. G Igor Shesterkin
2. C Lias Andersson
3. C Filip Chytil
4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. RW Vinni Lettieri
6. D Ryan Graves
7. C/LW Boo Nieves

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

G Brandon Halverson
G Chris Nell
G Tyler Wall

DEFENSEMEN

D Alexei Bereglazov
D Brandon Crawley
D John Gilmour
D Sergey Zborovskiy
D Tarmo Reunanen
D Vince Pedrie

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Dawson Leedahl
C Dominik Lakatos
C Gabriel Fontaine
RW Nicklas Jensen
C Patrik Virta
LW Ryan Gropp
C Steven Fogarty
LW Tim Gettinger
RW Tyler Nanne

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Pionk because he's most likely to make it, but was close with Morgan Barron.

Add Gabriel Fontaine.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Went with Pionk, but I agree that it's close with Barron. Add Fontaine, who I think will develop into a very nice, niche role player for us.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I don't think Barron should be close yet honestly, his season is super impressive but it's a really small sample size on him so far, he was a complete unknown before this season.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Barron, add Fontaine.

I think the small sample size is a legit point, but I don't think anyone else has Barron's combination of production, size, skating ability, and youth with a rapid pace of improvement. Personally, I'll take a chance on the guy with upside to be more than a bottom pairing / 4th line player, even if there's a little more risk.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Pionk, add the KHL all star Bereglazov, should already have been added long ago.

Limited yes, but Bereglazov was extremely unimpressive on a smaller ice rink when he played in the prospect tournament, preseason, and start of the AHL season. I predicted he would be the biggest faller from the last ranking. Slower, positionally sound, defensive dmen are becoming a rare breed in todays NHL. I would still have him around 11-12 however.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Pionk for what it's worth has picked it up of late. he has 13 point in 40 games but of that total 1g 6 a in last 11 games. He someone that need to focus on d zone play and handling the bigger forwards. His offense will come around and more so with some pp time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->