Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D Alexei Bereglazov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
G Igor Shesterkin won round 1. C/LW Cristoval Nieves is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

G Brandon Halverson
G Adam Huska
G Chris Nell
G Igor Shesterkin
G Tyler Wall

DEFENSEMEN

D Alexei Bereglazov
D Brandon Crawley
D Calle Sjalin
D John Gilmour
D Neal Pionk
D Ryan Graves
D Sean Day
D Sergey Zborovskiy
D Tarmo Reunanen
D Vince Pedrie

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
C/LW Boo Nieves
RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Dawson Leedahl
C Dominik Lakatos
C Gabriel Fontaine
C Morgan Barron
RW Nicklas Jensen
C Patrik Virta
LW Ryan Gropp
C Steven Fogarty
LW Tim Gettinger
RW Ty Ronning
RW Tyler Nanne
RW Vinni Lettieri

Reactions: Ori

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Andersson is a better player now than Chytil, and was a better player against his peers at the WJC. Chytil might be the flashier player, but Andersson is the better prospect.

Add Lettieri

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'll go with Chytil due to a higher upside. He's almost a full year younger than Lias. Lias did better in the WJC, but again, he's a year older and this year Chytil did better than Lias did last year, which is a fair comparison age-wise.

Stat-wise, Chytil is doing better in the AHL than Lias in the SHL. These are similar leagues and Chytil is the top scorer in Hartford (per game since he missed games playing in the NHL and the WJC), while Lias is 3rd in Frolunda per game. This is not perfect by any means, but I'd give a slight advantage to Chytil, again particularly because he's a year younger. Chytil also looked much better in preseason when both of them faced the same situation. Not an easy choice here by any means, but a slight advantage to Chytil.

Add Vinni Lettieri .

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Right after camp, people would have been Chytil 100% for this round. As of now, I'm taking Andersson, for various reasons:
  1. Better all-around player right now: More refined then Chytil, in spite of not looking it in camp. I'm buying into the crazy summer schedule for him causing an underwhelming camp.
  2. Upside is similar: While Chytil might have the flash and the 1C upside to him for offense, Andersson has the all-around 1C (Bergeron-lite) upside going for him. He could become our Sean Coutorier. Gorton comes from Boston, think of this as Bergeron and Krejci.
  3. Style of play: Andersson style will be successful in the NHL for various reasons. He's going to be an NHL player. Chytil's style could result in a bunch of things, including a non-NHL player. I'll take the almost sure-fire NHLer here with similar upside.
Same as many others, Lettieri should be added here. He's got 3rd line with PP time upside.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Tough between Chytil and Andersson, went with Lias though. He could slot into the bottom 6 now and not look out of place.

Add Lettieri

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I went with Chytil as I did in the fall, overall I think he has slightly higher upside and 1C potential while being a little less polished than Lias today. Though I can also see Lias making the team next year and Chytil spending more time in the minors.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chytil, add Huska.

I'd caution against regarding points scoring in the WJC, as Chytil was shafted in the line distribution and PP time, Andersson wasn't and scored most of his points on the tournament's best PP.

I think what Andersson did with the medal toss was very good, but I'm not willing to disregard all the evidence we've had about these two players because of that. Andersson is a good prospect, and it really doesn't matter who's 2 and 3, but I don't think there's a good argument for Andersson over Chytil, unless it revolves around being sure Chytil will bust.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Feel like the WJC is gonna push this towards Lias. Chytil is younger and performing better in a harder league, so I went with Chytil. They’re both damn good prospects though.

Add Huska

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lias had a great performance at the WJC against his peers.

Chytil still has the higher ceiling but i'm going with more of the safe bet on this one.

Add Lettieri

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Chytil was better in pre-season than Lias and has been more productive in the AHL than Lias has been in the SEL. Lias had a better WJC than Chytil did, but he was paired with better linemates and got significantly more PP time. More importantly, with just 7 games, the WJC is a pretty small sample size. I suspect Lias is getting a pretty big benefit from recency and small sample size biases related to the WJC performance here, but I think the full year performances are more meaningful for evaluation purposes and on that basis, Chytil has been more impressive than Lias, even before you account for the fact that he is almost a full year younger.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not going to lie, this one is very close for me.

Andersson is a hell of a prospect whose upside has been criminally underrated by some. He just looks like he's going to be a good NHL player.

Chytil's sex appeal is higher, especially if you project him as a 6'2-6'4 guy who can bring offense. You cannot discount what he's done at the AHL level at his age.

However, Chytil's sample size is smaller and it will be interesting to see how he responds now that he isn't catching people sleeping on him and is drawing attention.

I'm going with Andersson, but it's a split decision.

In fact, I would vote that there's no reason to even poll on the number three prospect. Whoever the runner-up is between Andersson and Chytil is the next prospect.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Going with Andersson again--Chytil started out fast in the AHL, but got hurt. Hopefully he can come back and show consistency and flash in the 2nd half of the season.

Add Gilmour--who (according to his coach) has turned himself into one of the top 20 defensemen in the AHL and is the Wolfpack representative to the All-Star game. He may not make the NHL, but he's a lot better than he was last year.

His strength is his offside side,” McCambridge said. “We saw some spurts last year and at the beginning of this season. We haven’t seen a lot of one his greatest gifts, his skating ability. …But his improvement has been great. He’s placed himself among the top 20 defensemen in this league. He leads our team in points for defensemen. Sometimes I catch myself taking a step back just to see how fast he is playing the game.”

Wolf Pack's John Gilmour Honing His Defensive Skills

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad