Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #15

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
LW Ryan Gropp won round 14. C Gabriel Fontaine is added to the poll.

RULES CHANGE:

Since HF no longer functions beyond the forum, no reason to have their old rules. We do, however, need the same rules for everyone or else the rankings mean nothing.

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games. Therefore, Adam Clendening has now graduated with 60 NHL games under his belt and the full season on the NHL roster.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here. Hrivik falls under this exception.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

6. G Adam Huska
7. D Sean Day
8. D Sergey Zborovskiy
9. C/LW Boo Nieves
10. G Tyler Wall

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

11. RW Robin Kovacs
12. C/LW Marek Hrivik
13. D Michael Paliotta
14. LW Ryan Gropp

Ryan Gropp
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Sep 16 1996 -- Kamloops, BC
Height 6.3 -- Weight 205

2016-17 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 39GP 11-24-35 12PIM

dw_ryan_gropp_seattle.jpg

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

1. G Mackenzie Skapski

DEFENSEMEN

1. D Tarmo Reunanen
2. D Troy Donnay
3. D Tyler Nanne
4. D Tommy Hughes

FORWARDS

1. C Brad Morrison
2. RW Daniel Bernhardt
3. RW Ty Ronning
4. LW Malte Stromwall
5. C Steven Fogarty

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Fontaine. Add Brad.

I know some people are picking guys that are already playing OK in the AHL, and/or have had cups of coffee in the NHL...but we already know the ceilings with these guys...and the ceilings aren't high. The guys in the CHL and overseas have yet to prove themselves in a PRO league...sure...but we hope that when they DO get there...that they will impress. I suppose I choose to take an optimistic view of our guys that are filled with "unknowns" at higher levels of play.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Going with Tambellini because he's got 23 points in 42 games in the AHL. Those are solid numbers for a sophomore.

Not voting to add Morrison or Ronning because undersized forwards without much offense are not making the NHL. Their numbers are awful considering how easy it is to score in the Juniors. At their size, they should literally be scoring DOUBLE what they are scoring right now to be viewed as legitimate NHL prospects.

No hope in Tarmo when he's a second pair guy in a very low level league that is below ECHL level. Bern sucks too. Stromwall has done othing in the AHL as a 22-year-old. Donnay and Nanne are not real prospects. Skapski has been extraordinarily bad this year.

By the process of elimination, add Fogarty.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Got no strong feelings on this one, feel like they're all pretty even honestly in their own ways. Went with Gettinger because i like his tools and his progression so far.

Add Ronning, got some great wheels and a good shot, i also love his tenacity on the forecheck, reminds me a lot of Fast/Fontaine on the forecheck, has some obvious holes in his game though.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
tambo. Add Skapski, yeah he's having a disappointing season, but playing for mediocre teams; he's shown talent and is still only 22. Some kids take the express to NHL, many take the local

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Going with Tambellini because he's got 23 points in 42 games in the AHL. Those are solid numbers for a sophomore.

Not voting to add Morrison or Ronning because undersized forwards without much offense are not making the NHL. Their numbers are awful considering how easy it is to score in the Juniors. At their size, they should literally be scoring DOUBLE what they are scoring right now to be viewed as legitimate NHL prospects.

No hope in Tarmo when he's a second pair guy in a very low level league that is below ECHL level. Bern sucks too. Stromwall has done othing in the AHL as a 22-year-old. Donnay and Nanne are not real prospects. Skapski has been extraordinarily bad this year.

By the process of elimination, add Fogarty.

don't get Gettinger at this point - not saying poor choice, just not understanding him yet, though perhaps soon

Gilmour looks good but it is not a clear cut, IMO selection at this pick

Tambellini worthy here also, prefer Gil

Donnay COULD be if he learns to skate, agreed, not there yet
Nanne not real

Skapski, add pls
has small track record of NHL experience, 1ga in 2 games

has played well

recovering from hip aberration

prob demoralized,

think given a shot when he is healthy he is WAY better than Helberg and holds his own vs all but our best Gs/G prospects.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I thought Jensen should've made this list already, but I went with Gettinger because I feel like 15 is a good spot for where he is in his development. Add Tarmo

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I thought Jensen should've made this list already, but I went with Gettinger because I feel like 15 is a good spot for where he is in his development. Add Tarmo

So why didn't you vote Jensen then haha

I'm always in somewhat of agreement of our lists...but this one is the worst i've seen in a decade...starting from 6 anyway.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kovacs should've been in the top 10, Day out of top 10. The to 10 would be ok, but after that very limited potential.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Day is fine where he is imo, his upside is high enough that he's a top 10 prospect in a prospect pool as shallow as ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad