Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #10

Who is our #10 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Sean Day won round 9. C Patrik Virta is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

Sean Day
Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 9 1998 -- Leuven, Belgium
Height 6.02 -- Weight 224

2017-18Windsor Spitfires*OHL2741721
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-18Kingston FrontenacsOHL61450
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PROSPECT RANKINGS

1. G Igor Shesterkin
2. C Lias Andersson
3. C Filip Chytil
4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. RW Vinni Lettieri
6. D Ryan Graves
7. C/LW Boo Nieves
8. D Neal Pionk
9. D Sean Day

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

G Brandon Halverson
G Chris Nell
G Tyler Wall

DEFENSEMEN

D Brandon Crawley
D John Gilmour
D Sergey Zborovskiy
D Tarmo Reunanen
D Vince Pedrie

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Dawson Leedahl
C Dominik Lakatos
C Gabriel Fontaine
RW Nicklas Jensen
LW Ryan Gropp
C Steven Fogarty
LW Tim Gettinger
RW Tyler Nanne

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Ronning because scoring at a 64 goal pace is impressive even for an overager.

Add Gabriel Fontaine because he's solid in Hartford as a 20 year old.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Bereglazov, add Gropp.

I'm not sure if I have ever disagreed more with how our rankings and add-ons have gone. Probably a result of having a pile of C/D prospects.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
HUSKA! He must be in top 10!

Goalies are high-risk and only the top-10 goalies have value. You get an average forward and you have a middle 6 forward. Get an average defenseman and you have an #4 defenseman. Get an average goalie and all you have is a top backup or a terrible starter. A #4 defenseman is a crucial player on the team who would cost significant assets to acquire. A good backup can usually be signed as a UFA for a small salary or acquired for very small assets (a midround pick).

Huska is tied for 20/21 in SV% in NCAA and #25 in GAA. Not exactly dominant performance for a 20-year-old.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'm not sure if I have ever disagreed more with how our rankings and add-ons have gone. Probably a result of having a pile of C-/D prospects.

I agree with this. Not how I'd rank our prospects either. We basically have 3 quality prospects and then a bunch of quantity where we are not sure how things will play out with them.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Goalies are high-risk and only the top-10 goalies have value. You get an average forward and you have a middle 6 forward. Get an average defenseman and you have an #4 defenseman. Get an average goalie and all you have is a top backup or a terrible starter. A #4 defenseman is a crucial player on the team who would cost significant assets to acquire. A good backup can usually be signed as a UFA for a small salary or acquired for very small assets (a midround pick).

Huska is tied for 20/21 in SV% in NCAA and #25 in GAA. Not exactly dominant performance for a 20-year-old.

Huska's team sucks, he's not dominating, but his SV% the past two years has been fine.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Ty Ronning ... his current statistics look good: 45 games, 40 goals and 17 assists.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Gotta be Ronning based on the offensive potential he is showing to go along with the "energy" he was expected to bring.

He's made himself a legit player to watch.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I dropped Huska because goalies are so iffy, but I do believe he's a legit G prospect for us. Also since unproven goalies are worth so little he's slid down for me. Definitely at top 15 prospect though and can move up with as he gets older and eventually turns pro.

and as others have mentioned, my top 10-15 would look a bit different. NHL experience doesn't mean that much if you're a fourth liner and your upside is full time fourth liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad