Rangers Player Analysis 1: Derek Stepan

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Is this guy clutch or what? Don't think he's really set the world on fire but he's been good defensively and Brassard has been leading the charge. Don't mind it either.

KreiMeARiver*

1 assist in the playoffs. 1

I guess we'll just give him a pass again for another terrible playoffs. If we are ready to anoint him as our 1C, I think he deserves some criticism for a 2nd consecutive year of ineffectual play in the postseason.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
1 assist in the playoffs. 1

I guess we'll just give him a pass again for another terrible playoffs. If we are ready to anoint him as our 1C, I think he deserves some criticism for a 2nd consecutive year of ineffectual play in the postseason.

It's hard to get assists when Nash is next to useless. At least Step actually scored some goals.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Once again its Stepans fault the Rangers lost. Nash scored so many goals, Callahan, Hagalin were so useful, our D played great and Lundqvist didn't let in any soft goals, so it was all Stepans fault for having 4 goals and 1 assists in 12 games. He is a playmaker not a scorer, hard to rack up points when goal scorers can't score.

KreiMeARiver*

Once again its Stepans fault the Rangers lost. Nash scored so many goals, Callahan, Hagalin were so useful, our D played great and Lundqvist didn't let in any soft goals, so it was all Stepans fault for having 4 goals and 1 assists in 12 games. He is a playmaker not a scorer, hard to rack up points when goal scorers can't score.

Nobody said it was his fault the Rangers lost. I'm just saying he shouldn't be immune from criticism.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Stepan had a very good series against Boston, IMO. I don't remember either of Krejci/Begeron running rampant on us, he did an good job neutralizing the top-6 of the Bruins.

Their bottom-6 and D is what killed us.

KreiMeARiver*

Stepan had a very good series against Boston, IMO. I don't remember either of Krejci/Begeron running rampant on us, he did an good job neutralizing the top-6 of the Bruins.

Their bottom-6 and D is what killed us.

He was OK defensively, but 5 points in the playoffs is pretty bad for a guy we counted on so much during the regular season.

A lot of things killed us.

Love the hashtag, though.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He was OK defensively, but 5 points in the playoffs is pretty bad for a guy we counted on so much during the regular season.

A lot of things killed us.

Love the hashtag, though.

he was our 2nd best forward all playoffs long behind Brassard. his linemates just couldn't finish.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
We'd be nowhere without this kid this year.. you guys talk about 1c/2c... guy is a 1c in this league right now.. may not have a big flashy name.. but points dont mean anything.. guy plays in every situation in the game.. Krejei and berg are top centers in the game and they never put more then 60pts up and noone is arguing they arent 1c/2c players... give me a break...

kid also may not have put up big stats in playoffs but he led team in goals and every single one was almost a gwg.. hes a stud and im happy we have him as our 1c and brass as his counter part.. both are amazing to watch.. if we had richards playing like a 1c this year wed be amazing down the middle.. but im glad and confident going into next season with both young guys as our top 2 centers..

Kershaw

Stepan is probably the least of my concerns with the roster, sans Lundqvist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad