SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Forgot he didn't play the Sharks game.

2.71 GAA and .875Sv%

Even if he did he'd have allowed 3 on average. :laugh:

He hasn't been great for sure. The D has had some really bad spurts. But the Lundqvist of the first 20 games last season probably had this season's Corsi in his sweetest dreams. No excuses.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m happy how they play offensive hockey, but still something to improve especially defense.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Bleed ranger blue has brilliantly alluded to us being able to take a punch this year as opposed to last, this is what I'm seeing, and the fact that they are already fighting back in games and showing mental resilience only 4 games in bodes very well for the NYR this season. This team has a much bigger chip on their shoulder this year. They will claw back even down 4-1 in the third until the final buzzer. That is more important for me than any individual player right now. We can't be soft as a team.

As to SnowblindNYR, I WANT Pittsburgh. I WANT Washington, I WANT Tampa in the playoffs. We aren't going to run away or try to avoid anybody, we are the team they will try to avoid. I still think we beat Pittsburgh this year.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yes most of the time. Just because I'm not a Lundqvist boot licker doesn't mean I'm always negative.

You're not a Lundqvist boot licker bc maybe only 1 single person here is. But you ARE frequently guilty of being an absolutely irrational and exaggerated Lundqvist critic. You exaggerate every mistake, never seem like you can frame them in context and have had this agenda for YEARS. So I'm fairly certain people view you as negative because of how badly you exaggerate issues, not bc you criticize

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I remember last year when they were winning and playing like crap. I'd rather have our situation this year. They look impressive now plus I'd rather have them finish strong then have all the "puck luck" now. Remember Montreal last year? LOL! Good article.

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I remember last year when they were winning and playing like crap. I'd rather have our situation this year. They look impressive now plus I'd rather have them finish strong then have all the "puck luck" now. Remember Montreal last year? LOL! Good article.

Last year's start was so depressing. Those wins were seriously flukes. Agree with you 100%. At least so far here they look like they just need to mesh a little more to really get going.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hank bailed the team out for the first quarter of the season last year it felt like. I'm not worried about the likelihood of a world-class goalie bouncing back to form with the team playing like it is now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You're not a Lundqvist boot licker bc maybe only 1 single person here is. But you ARE frequently guilty of being an absolutely irrational and exaggerated Lundqvist critic. You exaggerate every mistake, never seem like you can frame them in context and have had this agenda for YEARS. So I'm fairly certain people view you as negative because of how badly you exaggerate issues, not bc you criticize

Except it's mostly with one player that I think as great as he is should have been greater. But also, I may exaggerate things when the Rangers lose in the heat of the moment. I don't say how much they suck when they win or play well, particularly after the heat of the moment has passed.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I love the speed, intensity and utter domination on the ice. Those two losses were all on those teams goalies playing the games of their lives. Most teams are not going to to do and if we have the capacity to play this way we will cut through the east like a hot knife through butter. I am really pumped about Kreider and Mika looking like studs. Zuccarello is a beast and Nash seems to care this year which will probably mean 30-40 goals.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Yup. Dude needs to chill and reexamine why he watches hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad