Proposal: Rangers / Leafs

BerlinBlueShirt

Feb 25, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Keep Zucc. Fix the D and Rangers will contend soon enough.

Chytil seems to have the potential to be a good Center, Zibs already is one. Playing with Kreider he looked like a real 1C lately. Add Hayes and Lias and the Center position looks fine. Kreider is a top line winger and I am confident Buch will blossom under a new coach. Add Kovalchuk and maybe Gusev in free ageny and keep Zucc so you will have four/five very good wingers. Then you sill have guys like Fast, Spooner, Namestnikov, Vesey for the bottom 6.

Goaltending is no concern with Lundqvist and Georgiev backing him up and the Russian guy coming over next year

Rangers have to do something upgrading the D, sure. But they added a lot of good prospects on the deadline and have 3 first rounders this year.
Shatty, Skjei are top4 defenders. Pionk will hopefully be one soon. I dont like Staal be he still can eat minutes. Even DeAngelo has shown sign of improvement before getting hurt

The only thing missing is a real number 1 defenseman imo. This team with a good coach and a guy like Karlsson would be a threat for everyone.

So I really dont understand why everybody thinks the Rangers will be bad for ages. To me there is really no reason to think this.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada

Chytil seems to have the potential to be a good Center, Zibs already is one. Playing with Kreider he looked like a real 1C lately. Add Hayes and Lias and the Center position looks fine. Kreider is a top line winger and I am confident Buch will blossom under a new coach. Add Kovalchuk and maybe Gusev in free ageny and keep Zucc so you will have four/five very good wingers. Then you sill have guys like Fast, Spooner, Namestnikov, Vesey for the bottom 6.

Goaltending is no concern with Lundqvist and Georgiev backing him up and the Russian guy coming over next year

Rangers have to do something upgrading the D, sure. But they added a lot of good prospects on the deadline and have 3 first rounders this year.
Shatty, Skjei are top4 defenders. Pionk will hopefully be one soon. I dont like Staal be he still can eat minutes. Even DeAngelo has shown sign of improvement before getting hurt

The only thing missing is a real number 1 defenseman imo. This team with a good coach and a guy like Karlsson would be a threat for everyone.

So I really dont understand why everybody thinks the Rangers will be bad for ages. To me there is really no reason to think this.

Yes our D needs some work but its time to move on from Zuuc , also Kapanen is a RH winger which we need .

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No from Toronto. Zucc will command a big contract that we have no interest in paying.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
0 interest in zucc what so ever. You will get value somewhere if you trade him, but i hope so much it isnt near the leafs

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Zuuc for Kapanen . Rangers are in rebuild mode and leafs could use a great playmaking forward

I make that trade. I love that Zuc has been a great Ranger, but the team won't be all that great for the next 2 seasons. That puts our window two years down the road and he is not part of that future.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

I like a lot of what you said here but Zuc at 31 shouldn't be a guy we give ice time to over younger players during a rebuild. You have to move him for Kapanen if that were to come to fruition.

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

nhlfan1991

Apr 14, 2014
I make that trade. I love that Zuc has been a great Ranger, but the team won't be all that great for the next 2 seasons. That puts our window two years down the road and he is not part of that future.
The leafs window is pretty much closed.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Would miss Kappy s 'electrifying' ability,but Yes , Zucc can play the game. I do this deal ! Money is a hurdle? not if Jvr walks,bozak walks,etc.
They are both intense players,so....make it happen!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't see him getting 4.5m for his next contract.
Probably around 3.5 to 4.
Since signing his contract he put up 61 points, 59 points, and last year 53 points on a terrible team. I'd say any team looking at 3.4 to 4 should look to signing a bottom 6 or an RFA instead of Zuccarello.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Zuuc for Kapanen . Rangers are in rebuild mode and leafs could use a great playmaking forward
Makes no sense for the Leafs because of age, contract and expected salary of Zucc.
Makes no sense for the Rangers because they could probably get more for him as a rental next spring.

Both teams say no.

Reactions: Ori

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
No from both sides. Rangers could get more from a different team and Leafs have no need for a soon to be UFA.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Would miss Kappy s 'electrifying' ability,but Yes , Zucc can play the game. I do this deal ! Money is a hurdle? not if Jvr walks,bozak walks,etc.
They are both intense players,so....make it happen!
Please see the logic below. It is correct.
Right. We may as well just pay JVR and keep him rather than use that money for Zucc while also giving up Kapanen to get him.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't see how that trade makes sense for Toronto.

They'll need to re-sign their core to (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly) to new deals over the next few years, with Rielly needing one in July 2022. That's not even mentioning their other prospects. Zuccarello as a deadline addition could make sense if they feel they're one piece away, but they need defense more than Zuccarello, in my opinion.

He'll help whoever he ends up with though, that's for sure.

Reactions: bernmeister

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Is Kappy gonna get off the 4th line on a Babcock team? Doesn't seem like it! Besides I like Zucc better than Jvr.
I assume so. Depth is a good thing and he's developed an excellent defensive game as a result.

JVR and Zucc are very comparable stats wise but JVR + Kapanen >>Zucc

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I assume so. Depth is a good thing and he's developed an excellent defensive game as a result.

JVR and Zucc are very comparable stats wise but JVR + Kapanen >>Zucc
Zucc brings elements that Jvr doesn't....has more Jam to his game! Honestly was not aware of the stat comparison...and Kappy has yet to prove anything really,so ,you or I can project that he will be better than Zucc, but again, how does he get the chance on Babs team. Will he take Jvr spot? Could be!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->