Confirmed with Link: Rangers give Qualifying Offers to Alexis Lafreniere, K'Andre Miller, Ty Emberson, Lauri Pajuniemi & Brandon Scanlin

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Think it was smart to qualify Pajuniemi but whatever progress he makes next year will be done for Malmo in the SHL.

I never got the idea that Hajek wasn't trying. I can understand the Rangers cutting him loose FWIW I think he could have used a change of scenery a couple years ago. To be that's been his best chance. It's true he failed here but I don't understand the venom that some people have for him. We could be talking about Jones or someone else failing a couple years down the road. It happens. Becoming a good NHL defenseman is not east and nailing down a regular spot in the NHL is not a given for most players. A lot of players fall short and just don't get there. If they put in real effort that counts for something.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Same board that shits down Hajek shit down Stanley Cup Champion Brett Howden. Don't change, HF.

Reactions: eco's bones

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Think it was smart to qualify Pajuniemi but whatever progress he makes next year will be done for Malmo in the SHL.

I never got the idea that Hajek wasn't trying. I can understand the Rangers cutting him loose FWIW I think he could have used a change of scenery a couple years ago. To be that's been his best chance. It's true he failed here but I don't understand the venom that some people have for him. We could be talking about Jones or someone else failing a couple years down the road. It happens. Becoming a good NHL defenseman is not east and nailing down a regular spot in the NHL is not a given for most players. A lot of players fall short and just don't get there. If they put in real effort that counts for something.
The vitriol comes from being part of the return in what most people saw as an egregiously bad trade. If we had gotten him for a 3rd, no one would care. The vitriol should go towards Gorton, but usually players take the brunt of the blame for bad decisions by GMs (See Girardi, Dan and Staal, Marc)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers should try to get some bargains on the non qualified players like Kostin, McLeod, Dolan, McEwarn, Yamamoto, etc

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Rangers should try to get some bargains on the non qualified players like Kostin, McLeod, Dolan, McEwarn, Yamamoto, etc
Agreed.
Sign guys like Comtois, CFoote, Steel
if they dont earn jobs in camp, waive to Pack
If they clear, they're working to recoup their careers, and standby depth if needed

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Those guys all suck ass.

They would be an upgrade of what they have. They are all better than 4th line players like Brodzinski and Blidh

Agreed.
Sign guys like Comtois, CFoote, Steel
if they dont earn jobs in camp, waive to Pack
If they clear, they're working to recoup their careers, and standby depth if needed

Wow Foote was not qualified. He will get offers. If they can afford it, worth a chance.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I would have kept Hajek and have said that for a long time. In a more structured system he could be a useful player. I do think he probably would benefit from a change of scenery, though.

Good to hold onto Pajuniemi. I personally don't think there's much there, but now we can hold onto his rights for a few more years and if he wants to give it another go we can try that. More likely he becomes Nicklas Jensen Part Two and has a good career in Europe and never comes back.

Emberson is a sleeper. I know we don't need another RD at the moment but he's a really good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad