Rangers drop into bottom 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
I saw Columbus play against Detroit earlier in the season and Columbus worked really hard. Hopefully they play like that all the time. Ovechkin-Zherdev-Nash would kill.....

I'm not sure it would work, becouse all those guys are natural wingers. I havn't watched them enough to make a definte statement, but both Nash and Zherdev seem to be shoot first players (nash has 14 assists out of 51 points), and everyone seems to be projecting Ovechkin as a wing as well.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Zherdev plays all three forward positions and Ovechkin has played center before if I'm not mistaken. Ovechkin plays left or right wing much more often however. And Zherdev is a good passer so he might be better as Center. Ovechkin on left wing and Nash on Right wing, or vice versa....mmmmmmmm.....

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Grave77digger said:
Quick somone make me a Washington Senators avatar so I can say its for Bondra... on second thought no... I still think its dumb

Bondra never brought you guys a Cup. No one has ;)

Steve Latin*

Bure9 said:
Why don't you think before you post. It's for Leetch. Someone ban him for stupidity.

Oh really? That's why?

Thanks for edifying me. :shakehead

S L

Steve Latin*

Bluenote13 said:
Don't bother, he'll learn someday that jealousy gets you nowhere.

Why would I be jealous that Sather traded his franchise player, the face of the organization, to another team? If anything, I feel bad to see Leetch and Francis end up with the Leafs and Bondra end up with the Sens. I just don't understand how switching your allegiance to said team makes it any better.

S L

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
EroCaps said:
8 pts up on Washington and Colombus.

Would you be upset if NY won the draft lottery?
They could only move up to 2nd from 5th spot if they win the lottery.....a team can only move 4 positions (ie.to 3 positions ahead of its own)....Malkin might be their choice at #2 if they won the lotto........that would upset me greatly......I'm hoping my Blackhawks are at least #2 after the lotto --I'd hope they take Malkin (I'm actually wondering about taking him over Ovechkin even if they won the lotto and drafted #1)............I'm sure CBJ would want to go for Barker so they might jockey down a bit from #1 or #2 in return for an additional pick from the #3,or #4 slotted team ---anyway it will be interesting in the pre-lotto finishes of these bottom -feeders......Can PIT continue its hot steark and reel in the others to climb past last? Can CHI avoid climbing out of the bottom 4? CBJ doesn't look like it can win any more games........WASH +CHI have a "4 pointer" on the line in tonight's contest of the "TANKERS" (they probably will battle for the #3 and #4 pre-lotto spots unless one of them climbs past the sinking NYR........To get Malkin at #2 ,CHI might need to give CBJ one of its 4 2nd rounders to get them to move down 1-2 spots......so if NYR gets into the bottom 4 and CHI climbs to #5 and stays there after lotto---THAT wouldn't be a disaster ---Olesz or Radulov would be good "consolation prizes" --but if a team after #5 pre-lotto won it,bumping my Hawks to 6th --now then that would be a disaster,missing out on any of these top 5 which are the cream of this year's crop...

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
Funny how the lottery rule was put in to deter teams tanking for the 1st pick... now teams tank it to get into the bottom 5 to have a shot at the 1st, this obviously has had the reverse effect of its intended purpose, creating the oppurtunity for even more teams to have a reason to tank the season

The more they change the rules, the more they hurt the game

jacketracket*

Foppa_Rules said:
I saw Columbus play against Detroit earlier in the season and Columbus worked really hard. Hopefully they play like that all the time. Ovechkin-Zherdev-Nash would kill.....
Word in Columbus is that Zherdev and Ovechkin are buds, and they talk frequently by phone.

Could this be the year that the CBJ draft lottery curse ends? :D

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
hawksfan50 said:
They could only move up to 2nd from 5th spot if they win the lottery.....a team can only move 4 positions (ie.to 3 positions ahead of its own)....Malkin might be their choice at #2 if they won the lotto........that would upset me greatly......I'm hoping my Blackhawks are at least #2 after the lotto --I'd hope they take Malkin (I'm actually wondering about taking him over Ovechkin even if they won the lotto and drafted #1)............I'm sure CBJ would want to go for Barker so they might jockey down a bit from #1 or #2 in return for an additional pick from the #3,or #4 slotted team ---anyway it will be interesting in the pre-lotto finishes of these bottom -feeders......Can PIT continue its hot steark and reel in the others to climb past last? Can CHI avoid climbing out of the bottom 4? CBJ doesn't look like it can win any more games........WASH +CHI have a "4 pointer" on the line in tonight's contest of the "TANKERS" (they probably will battle for the #3 and #4 pre-lotto spots unless one of them climbs past the sinking NYR........To get Malkin at #2 ,CHI might need to give CBJ one of its 4 2nd rounders to get them to move down 1-2 spots......so if NYR gets into the bottom 4 and CHI climbs to #5 and stays there after lotto---THAT wouldn't be a disaster ---Olesz or Radulov would be good "consolation prizes" --but if a team after #5 pre-lotto won it,bumping my Hawks to 6th --now then that would be a disaster,missing out on any of these top 5 which are the cream of this year's crop...
not quite true

fifth spot has a 10.1% chance to move up to the first spot and its actually 4 spots they can move up

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Steve Latin said:
This is completely off topic, but I sure am amused by how many Rangers fans have switched to Rangers/Leafs avatars.

Why not root for your own team rather than jump on someone else's playoff bandwagon?

S L
It's a little difficult to root for our team when they are not even playing. It was a kind offer from leaf fans and since we have no one to root for other then the typical teams against our rivals (Isles, Devs and Flyers) why not root for the leafs since our favorite and best player ever was moved to that franchise primarily to win a cup and since most of us had already decided on rooting for them once Leetch was traded and it became apparent our season was over, why not take up the offer as a kind gesture to them for their treatment of our best and favorite player. It's nothing to start a fuss over, seems you are just looking for something to criticize because of your failing arguments on the actual topic.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Yeah. Ovechkin and Zherdev are very good friends. Ovechkin stood up for Zherdev in the whole militay duty controversy. They talk a LOT by phone according to Ovechkin. He said he'd like to play in Columbus too. There was an article printed in I think it was the Soviet Sports paper about what were the bottom 4 teams at that time. Ovechkin and a hockey expert were participating in the interview about which team would be the best for him to go to. The expert concluded that Columbus would be the best place because he wouldn't be expected to be the savior since Columbus has Nash and Zherdev--Ovechkin could just settle down and focus on developing as a player without so much pressure from the media to be the next Mario Lemieux.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Yeah. Ovechkin and Zherdev are very good friends. Ovechkin stood up for Zherdev in the whole militay duty controversy. They talk a LOT by phone according to Ovechkin. He said he'd like to play in Columbus too. There was an article printed in I think it was the Soviet Sports paper about what were the bottom 4 teams at that time. Ovechkin and a hockey expert were participating in the interview about which team would be the best for him to go to. The expert concluded that Columbus would be the best place because he wouldn't be expected to be the savior since Columbus has Nash and Zherdev--Ovechkin could just settle down and focus on developing as a player without so much pressure from the media to be the next Mario Lemieux.
Who ever said he was the next Lemieux?
I think that is absurd.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Actually the Russians say it and the media says it almost daily. "The second coming or Mario Lemieux" they call him. And it is absolutely absurd. But that doesn't stop them from saying that and expecting him to be Lemieux#2.

jacketracket*

Foppa_Rules said:
So then everybody agrees---Columbus would be the BEST place for Ovechkin!! :D

jacketracket*

WVUCanesFan said:
I can agree with that, though I think Columbus needs the D more then an offensive stud (Barker).
Yeah....everybody here is expecting the CBJ lottery luck to hold true, and the CBJ end up with the lowest possible spot they could have gotten---and hopefully, Barker would still be available.

I'm just not sure how anyone could pass on Ovechkin, w/all the promise....

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
Foppa_Rules said:
He said he'd like to play in Columbus too. There was an article printed in I think it was the Soviet Sports paper about what were the bottom 4 teams at that time. Ovechkin and a hockey expert were participating in the interview about which team would be the best for him to go to. The expert concluded that Columbus would be the best place because he wouldn't be expected to be the savior since Columbus has Nash and Zherdev--Ovechkin could just settle down and focus on developing as a player without so much pressure from the media to be the next Mario Lemieux.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04004/257711.stm
Ovechkin dutifully points to Lemieux as his favorite player -- never too early to curry favor with the guy who might be your next boss -- but gives the impression that his heart is really with Toronto Maple Leafs' rugged winger Owen Nolan, who coincidentally went first overall in the 1990 draft.

"Maybe Pittsburgh," Ovechkin said when asked to name his favorite NHL city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->