Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Caps are old and cannot score. Their Cup winning veterans will keep them from melting down but I feel like they emptied their tanks to get in. Charles Lindgren's career high in games played was 31 coming into this season and he's currently at 50 and counting. Rangers play their game and its over in 5, especially with how Panarin, Fox and Igor have played. And the physical element is not one sided against the Rangers. Trouba, Goodrow, Cuylle, Rempe need to stand up straight in this series. Set the tone for your team on home ice.
They need some greasy goals and deflection goals to supplement the east-west offense. There will be stretches where it'll feel like the team is being goalied again.

AK 27

I shoot puck. Puck go in net. I score goal.
Apr 15, 2015
NYC
I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but I have to say that the Rangers could have done a lot better at the trade deadline to help their chances in the playoffs. Based off what I've seen from Roslovic and Wennberg, they're not doing anything people who were already on the Rangers' roster weren't already doing. Drury really needed to get someone to play with Kreider and Zibanejad. This he did not do. Wennberg is what he is - whatever. I'm not banking on Chytil coming back for the playoffs but that's the kind of speed and skill they need for a good run.

Reactions: NikC

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not really, he doesn’t punish players like that (a la Gallant/Quinn/AV/Torts)
It's not about punishment. If we have one bad period he's gonna go back to what he used all year. Every time he's tinkered this year, he goes back. He's the type of coach that decides what he's using and sticks with it Hell or high water.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but I have to say that the Rangers could have done a lot better at the trade deadline to help their chances in the playoffs. Based off what I've seen from Roslovic and Wennberg, they're not doing anything people who were already on the Rangers' roster weren't already doing. Drury really needed to get someone to play with Kreider and Zibanejad. This he did not do. Wennberg is what he is - whatever. I'm not banking on Chytil coming back for the playoffs but that's the kind of speed and skill they need for a good run.
I think for what they gave up, they got decent value.
Roslovic "should've" been an ideal piece. wennberg was a solid pick up.

Drury didn't need to make a huge splash, and this has been discussed over and over, but the best formula for the playoffs is to add at the edges not grab a star.

The only thing that might've been better would've been Duclair over Roslovic, but Im not sure we wanted to give up any prospect, and the sharks probably wanted one over what we gave for Roslovic.

Reactions: AK 27

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
For the love of God, please don't match up Goodrows line against Ovi's line.Play Fox more too,especially over Trouba
I dont even think we need to think about it.
I think the caps have to line match us, not the other way around. They have the far weaker D, and if we got the panarin line against their 3rd pair, its probably a goal for us.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The only way this series becomes difficult, is if the rangers "play down" to their opponent.
Now the Caps goalie is hot.. so it's going to take patience to figure him out.

Patient execution should end this series in 5 hopefully. Hoping they don't let things linger.

Hoping Touba will wreck T.J OhShe at some point. Maybe AO can get a head first visit to the boards, like he did to McDonaugh... and got away with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad