Rumor: Rangers close on Michael Lindqvist - Swedish UFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Translation:

Michael Lundqvist has expected the chance at NHL. The SHL sensation is said to have chosen New York Rangers as its new club address. It writes MrMadhawk. Michael Lindqvist was one of the season's major successors in SHL. After impressing in HockeyAllsvenskan for AIK, Färjestad gave him the chance in SHL - and immediately he became one of the big stars.

In 33 matches, he scored 20 goals and scored 14. Now an adventure in North America is waiting for Lindqvist. MrMadhawk states that it is the New York Rangers who won the draw fight, in competition with Washington Capitals, among other things. - I do not confirm anything.

But the number of teams has narrowed off really the last time, so there are not many left with now, "said Lindqvist's agent, Joakim Persson. NEVER DRAWED Persson says there have been many teams hunting Färjestad's 23-year-old successor. "I have been talking to several GM's in NHL during the season and have been over to the United States and met some.

Now it's getting closer and that's what I've got to say, Michael Lindqvist never drafted and therefore has completely free hands in his club election if he chooses to move across the Atlantic. He has a contract with Färjestad over the coming season as well, but it will be broken.

Michael Lindqvist uppges välja New York Rangers som ny klubbadress

More about the player:

Michael Lindqvist

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Said this on the Rangers boards but
He has a really good shot and can put himself into position to score
I’m not expecting much but I do like the move
Hoping we draft Nils Lundkvist now
Lundqvist, Lundkvist, Lindqvist

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Man, if all 3 are in the lineup against my oilers Kevin Quinn would have a stroke.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Next Jimmy Vesey, imo
What’s wrong with that? Vesey just started to figure out his game at the end of the season and looked real good, if we get a free Vesey how is that a bad thing?
(Assuming you meant it in a negative way from the way you wrote it)

Reactions: EdJovanovski

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Sounds like a Damien brunner type?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Sounds like a Damien brunner type?
I haven’t watched him enough to comment on that but hopefully he sticks around longer
Only time I’ve seen him play is from watching his highlights on YouTube right after a thread popped up and I like what I see.
All I know/heard about him
-5’11 170 lbs. wouldn’t consider him small
-good skater but not explosive
-from the videos he’s more a complimentary player
-good velocity on shot
-have heard he’s good defensively, not amazing but solid
-knows where to be to score
-only 23 so he has untapped potential

Once he gets stronger I hope he can be a good goal scorer for us, RW is our biggest need imo. We have 0 prospects and our only young RW is Buch but he’s a LHS. We also need goal scorers and Lindqvist is a RHS. Seems like a great fit

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I haven’t watched him enough to comment on that but hopefully he sticks around longer
Only time I’ve seen him play is from watching his highlights on YouTube right after a thread popped up and I like what I see.
All I know/heard about him
-5’11 170 lbs. wouldn’t consider him small
-good skater but not explosive
-from the videos he’s more a complimentary player
-good velocity on shot
-have heard he’s good defensively, not amazing but solid
-knows where to be to score
-only 23 so he has untapped potential

Once he gets stronger I hope he can be a good goal scorer for us, RW is our biggest need imo. We have 0 prospects and our only young RW is Buch but he’s a LHS. We also need goal scorers and Lindqvist is a RHS. Seems like a great fit

Sounds like Vinni Lettieri

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
What’s wrong with that? Vesey just started to figure out his game at the end of the season and looked real good, if we get a free Vesey how is that a bad thing?
(Assuming you meant it in a negative way from the way you wrote it)
Vesey "found his game" when it didn't really matter. He still needs work in a lot of areas, especially his passing (even though he had a couple of nice assists). He needs to be faster. He needs to be more consistent. He isn't even that good of a sniper. He's only good at scoring garbage goals. What I'm trying to say is, the offense dies when Vesey gets the puck on his stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad