Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Shut down Ovechkin and they'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Tampa looks like they're going to sweep Montreal, so we need to put the pedal to the metal and finish this series ASAP if we want to have anything left in the tank for the next round, should we win.

We're the better team. It would be nice if we played like it.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I really hope Wilson does something really stupid tonight.

Dude's clearly already made his way onto the league's **** list, and one misstep will effectively kill his career to play his game because they'll start calling everything on him.

Hope they do. I hate this "injure the defenseman" game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
caps with the last change are going to look for every opportunity to get ovechkin on the ice whenever the rangers have boyle or yandle on the ice--the rangers imo should prepare to cut those two guys minutes.

we need to stay away from taking penalties especially stupid ones. i expect the caps are going to be hitting more in this game than they did in the two new york games. a lot might depend on how the referees decide to look at that.

as for wilson--he's fully capable of doing dumb **** but he's big--skates really well and can hurt people. some of his hits are really borderline. he might take penalties or even a suspension but if he knocks out one of our key players that hurts us more than them.

what it comes down to is the rangers need to stay disciplined--they'll need to be aware of situations and they'll need to find a way to control ovechkin. a key player again will be kreider--if he can continue to impact positively and not be a passenger we'll have a much better chance in this one. hopefully nash can stick a goal (or two) in as well. and henrik needs to be henrik.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
caps with the last change are going to look for every opportunity to get ovechkin on the ice whenever the rangers have boyle or yandle on the ice--the rangers imo should prepare to cut those two guys minutes.

we need to stay away from taking penalties especially stupid ones. i expect the caps are going to be hitting more in this game than they did in the two new york games. a lot might depend on how the referees decide to look at that.

as for wilson--he's fully capable of doing dumb **** but he's big--skates really well and can hurt people. some of his hits are really borderline. he might take penalties or even a suspension but if he knocks out one of our key players that hurts us more than them.

what it comes down to is the rangers need to stay disciplined--they'll need to be aware of situations and they'll need to find a way to control ovechkin. a key player again will be kreider--if he can continue to impact positively and not be a passenger we'll have a much better chance in this one. hopefully nash can stick a goal (or two) in as well. and henrik needs to be henrik.

Av should break up Boyle and Yandle. Yandle plays well with Klein, for instance. Either that or play the top 4 to death.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Shut down Ovechkin and they'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Tampa looks like they're going to sweep Montreal, so we need to put the pedal to the metal and finish this series ASAP if we want to have anything left in the tank for the next round, should we win.

We're the better team. It would be nice if we played like it.

Ca'mon down there, turbo. I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. I would be stunned if TB sweeps montreal. I can see the habs going down there and taking 2 back. And, I think were in for a long series vs the CAPs.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
It seemed like AV was playing Boyle-Yandle pair when the Rangers started in the offensive zone. Problem with that is, with quick transition, the Caps were able to get them pinned in their zone. I understand what he was trying to do, but it nearly backfired multiple times.

Vickers8

Need to see more of this

471960528.jpg

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
We are a force on the road, the boys will be focused and ready to go. Lundqvist plays even better on the road, the whole team does.

They will be ready.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
We are a force on the road, the boys will be focused and ready to go. Lundqvist plays even better on the road, the whole team does.

They will be ready.

I'm just waiting for that one dominating game or win a game by more than a goal.

It is a bit concerning. I understand the time and space close in the playoffs but I am worried they may not hit that other gear...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

They will be ready.

Can Lundqvist play any better than he did in game 2? Not sure. He was a monster at times. Team needs to play better in front of him defensively in order to win this game. Staying out of the box as they have been doing has been a key to keeping Washington at 2 goals each game as well.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm just waiting for that one dominating game or win a game by more than a goal.

It is a bit concerning. I understand the time and space close in the playoffs but I am worried they may not hit that other gear...

It can happen at anytime. Two decisive wins on the road, and we have a strangle hold on them coming back to MSG.

Get it done!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Can Lundqvist play any better than he did in game 2? Not sure. He was a monster at times. Team needs to play better in front of him defensively in order to win this game. Staying out of the box as they have been doing has been a key to keeping Washington at 2 goals each game as well.

Absolutely he can. That was no where near his best game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad