Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
impossible, this board said this team was bad

2-0 without oshie with wins over hawks and rangers

yes. bad. fire trotz. sell at the deadline. the scary part is that they could win the division again. maybe win the 1 seed and then the playoffs start and Bryce Harper starts getting the shakes.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
yes. bad. fire trotz. sell at the deadline. the scary part is that they could win the division again. maybe win the 1 seed and then the playoffs start and Bryce Harper starts getting the shakes.
Ive been saying all along that this team could still win the division.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so do you start holtby monday at isles and grubauer tuesday at home vs avalanche or other way around?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Of course they can win the division. They still have a crap load of talent. But I'm not sure they have the coaching, the system or the leadership necessary to do some damage in the playoffs.

I'm still not sold on Trotz or his style/system. I don't think he should get the benefit of the doubt after failing miserably the last 3 years. The team at one point last year looked like they were skating circles around the rest of the league, like they are doing right now. It's no different. It shouldn't signal to anyone that this team is somehow going to be better in the playoffs this year.

As far as I'm concerned, this is same ol same ol. Prove to me something is different in the playoffs. Until then I'm not expecting this team to make it past the 2nd round.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I can not say enough good things about the top line right now, holy cow are they playing well. Trotz is smart to ride them the way he is right now.

Also, thanks Kevin, Barry was right. ;)

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Woody-Herralson-As-Roy-Munson-Omg-Reaction-Gif-In-King-Pin.gif

Wilson walking D left and right...

I too wonder about their ability to think the game well enough when pressured outside their comfort zone/momentum type feel but for now the efforting, confidence and resulting development is about all you can expect.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
so do you start holtby monday at isles and grubauer tuesday at home vs avalanche or other way around?
Holtby against the islanders. That game is more important. Maybe start him in both. He is in excellent physical condition. I'm sure he can handle playing some back to backs. Goaltenders used to do it all the time. Brodeur used to play over 70 games every year. I think he played 78 games one year. Unheard of now.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Any more Willy doubters?
I spend about half my time in opposing teams GDTs.
To answer your question: among opposing fans, many (no doubt some of that is sour grapes).

Although a few are openly admitting it would be a plus to have Tom on their teams (only to be quickly chided by fellow fans). I'm very pleased at his recent surge. Was hoping he might be a bit of a late bloomer. Tom's critics acted like he was ~27 instead of 23 o_O

Reactions: RandyHolt

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Of course they can win the division. They still have a crap load of talent. But I'm not sure they have the coaching, the system or the leadership necessary to do some damage in the playoffs.
<snip>
Yea, they could win the Metro. Still don't think they're as strong overall as they were the past two seasons.

As far as I'm concerned, this is same ol same ol. Prove to me something is different in the playoffs. Until then I'm not expecting this team to make it past the 2nd round.
As much as I value the reg season and think being the best team during 82 games is quite an accomplishment, don't particularly care about winning the East or even Metro #1. Let the Bolts, Leafs, or Cbus deal w/the big expectations and pressure. I'd like to see what the Caps might do in the playoffs without having a dominant reg season and lower expectations. The way they're playing now (w/o Oshie), Caps should make the post season and win some playoff rounds if Holtby is playing well and gets some support.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Holtby against the islanders. That game is more important. Maybe start him in both. He is in excellent physical condition. I'm sure he can handle playing some back to backs. Goaltenders used to do it all the time. Brodeur used to play over 70 games every year. I think he played 78 games one year. Unheard of now.

Grubs beat the Isles a few years back in the playoffs.

He's not afraid of them. I like the flip....again. Grubs 1st game, team is up for him...harder game. Holts is the closer for the tired legs.

That was good coaching by Trotz. Though no one will admit it.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This team when motivated can beat anyone in the league. What annoys me is losing games to teams they shouldn't lose against like with Colorado and Philly. Tonight's game showed me they are focused because I totally expected them to lose this with the division so tight and it being the NYR. Wilson in the third period is playoff type of hustle and I love it. I am also thrilled we have young guys who are filling the gaps and getting quality minutes. The annoying part the past few years was watching teams like the Pens call up guys and get great production. It's our turn. Tons of hockey left to play and I'll enjoy this for now.

Go Caps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->