Rumor: Rangers "Are In Big-Time" to Acquire Jonathan Drouin

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If I'm Stevie Y, I just play hardball with Drouin and let him rot instead of getting next to nothing for him. He's got to worry about the locker room too.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If I'm Stevie Y, I just play hardball with Drouin and let him rot instead of getting next to nothing for him. He's got to worry about the locker room too.

Yup, wouldn't take a hit on his value because of his own doing.

Drouin will crack first.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's interesting to see how this is unfolding.

Team Canada brass called him a brat during his second year at WJC. Slashing guys and taking selfish penalties.

I think that the whole diva aspect to this is player is a major red flag.

If you're that good, just earn it.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Team Canada wasn't wrong and that hasn't changed.

Between Drouin and DeAngelo, Tampa has shown that they give zero ****s about character.

They'll pay for it big time with those two imo.

It's kind of a non-traditional stance. Most teams had Barkov and Jones as the two best because of their position and size, IE the rarest commodities in the NHL. That big top line center and that big monster on the back end, especially a RH shot.

Tampa immediately regretted the decision. They even tried to package Drouin to get Ekblad at the 2014 draft.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
the question that keeps popping up for me is what is happening with the FO in Tampa that guys are wanting out and not resigning

MSL a few years ago, Drouin now and Stamkos signing? Not signing?

what's going on and can it all be put on the players?

I have my doubts about that.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Drouin also didn't report to Halifax right away for unclear reasons. Stayed in midget AAA for 22 games before they could get him to join the team.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
the question that keeps popping up for me is what is happening with the FO in Tampa that guys are wanting out and not resigning

MSL a few years ago, Drouin now and Stamkos signing? Not signing?

what's going on and can it all be put on the players?

I have my doubts about that.

Could be a lot of issues. There's been some interesting articles published about the David Blatt firing in Cleveland, really interesting read, and excellent display of journalism from Brian Windhorst. Just really top notch.

But it truly demonstrates how a discord can fester and cause issues. The tipping point was how some very well respected role players, or guys that play 5-7 minutes a game were treated. Really shows you that inside a locker room players don't always gravitate to star players.

Drouin also didn't report to Halifax right away for unclear reasons. Stayed in midget AAA for 22 games before they could get him to join the team.

He wanted to go to college, or said that at least. Nate McKinnon convinced him to suit up for his draft team.

There's definitely something up with the management there (good I'm glad); but the player is a little diva.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Completely disagree. His accuracy is terrible.

Okay, well here is some objective analysis, if you care...

c5f1qpe.jpg

Made this chart 11 days ago, so it's missing five games of data by my count.

So yeah, you're right, his accuracy is ****, but the bigger culprit is that his shots are constantly getting blocked.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
You mean when they gave Fast 3 games to start the year and then demoted him yet kept Malone and played him for the next 6 games?

And what happened then? Malone was demoted and after 11 games Fast came back and played a total of 77 games cementing his spot in the lineup.

You didn't even scratch the surface. As Tawnos said, Etem played himself out of an opportunty to stick with the Rangers. Hopefully, he'll learn from the experience and get better. But I have no complaint with what happened with him. Or Fast for that mattter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->