News Article: Rangers agree to terms with Ronning, Huska and Gettinger

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ronning was a lot more engaged last year all over the ice. We'll see if he can do it at NHL speeds. Last year was a watered-down AHL.

Gettinger started weak, finished strong. If he can continue to focus on working the corners and front of the net, he may be able to carve out an NHL role. I doubt it.

Huska was...fine? He was never particularly good, but wasn't bad, and kept Hartford in games. He didn't really take a step forward, though. Or, not a big one. Hard to see him here long term unless he really dramatically improves.

I'd be surprised if any of the three are here at this time next year.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
How is Ronning’s shot? He seems to have started to get out this past season. Maybe there’s some hope.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
How is Ronning’s shot? He seems to have started to get out this past season. Maybe there’s some hope.
Very good, he even holds the all time Vancouver Giants single season goal record with 61 in 70 games. I’ve seen him play live a lot and he was a treat, he’s also very gritty despite his size. Reminds me of Gallagher or our fellow prospect Berard. His dad was also a late draft pick who willed his way into the league eventually, I could see him doing the same. Pretty crazy turnaround to go from sent down to the ECHL to a PPG in the AHL within one year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad