randy cameron??

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i was just looking at the qmjhl website and noticed this guy has 6 points (4+2) in he's first 3 games in the Q. he is eligible for the entry draft this year. does anyone know he's potential. and how high can he go in the draft. is he a potential first rounder??

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i was just looking at the qmjhl website and noticed this guy has 6 points (4+2) in he's first 3 games in the Q. he is eligible for the entry draft this year. does anyone know he's potential. and how high can he go in the draft. is he a potential first rounder??

i don't think he'll keep up that pace for a full year. my bet is he'll max out at about 50 points as a rookie in the Q - which is pretty good. he was passed over in the Q draft as a 16-yo and was only chosen in the 3rd round of this years draft so he's a bit of a hidden talent. some say he was a 1st round talent that Moncton managed to snag in the 3rd round. he is an early '89 birthday so i think that should make him NHL eligible in 2007. as far as 1st round NHL potential goes, likely not. i would put him around the 4th-5th round.

from what i've observed in his first few Q games he has good offensive instincts, and a nose for the net. fairly quick on his feet but not blistering speed. not overly strong on the puck, as he tends to give up a fair amount of turnovers. defensive game needs work.

but he's only played 3 games in the Q. these things take time :)

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004

Played last season as a 16yr old in the MJAHL.....TierII hockey in the Maritimes.

Had a solid season, and played on a solid team too.

Moncton Wildcats picked him in this past summers QMJHL draft, and was a good pick for them.

He's a 17yr old Q rookie, that they knew could step into their rebuilding club and play on the top two lines for them.

I see him as a solid player, but really dont see to much high end potential in him.
A safe pick, who at 18 & 19 he will be a quality second line player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->