Random Leaf Memories

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
2 of my favorite memories ever were 1993 playoffs with the borschevsky goal in OT game 7 vs detroit and the game 7 beatdown of st louis (6 - 0) with gilmour spinning around the back of the net a bunch of times!
Those spins by Gilmour behind Cujo was game 1... the game 7 beatdown was nice that it didn't have to come down to OT like the Detroit series (bless you Nick and Bobby Rouse)... 1993 had the best playoff memories ever... what a time... 92 to 93 Jays seasons and 93 to 94 Leafs seasons... nothing outside of a Cup win will top those years for me.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Leafs home opener vs the Islanders 95-96 I believe. Wendel Clark on the Islanders, and Benoit Hogue fights McCabe. Was a great game.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
David v.s. Goliath. 80's Leafs v.s. Edmonton. Toronto's been playing good. Leafs take a soft penalty. Then the ref calls a real soft penalty putting them down two-men. I was so pissed. Russ Courtnall is put out there? He's just a few feet in front of his own net when the Oiler's decide to pass across the blueline ... and Courtnall explodes like a top-fuel dragster. He intercepts that pass and scores a short-handed goal. Didn't get a rush of emotions like that until Clark took on McSorley in the playoffs.

Reactions: Goonface2k14

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens

Leafs losing 6-1 to the Bruins and cap a miraculous comeback with Wendel scoring in OT for the 7-6 win
80's hockey was the best!! High scoring and so many scraps :)
My memory of this night, was visiting distant relatives over the Christmas holidays, and watching the game with three young cousins, and explaining everything to them. They still remember and remind me of that night, to this day

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens

Dino Ciccarelli clubbing Luke Richardson over the head multiple times with his stick.
I remember I was physically shaking from anger immediately when it happened. As much as I love the physical/scraps part of hockey, this one enraged me (i was only 16 at the time)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
When Sport Meets Music Videos from the 90’s - The Leafs Are The Best

Not exactly OK Blue Jays by the Bat Boys but it would do. Mike Myers makes an appearance in this extended video

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
April 8, 1990 - St Lou vs Leafs, Division semi finals. Someone can correct me, but I believe the Leafs were 7-0-1 vs St lou that year. Regardless, they lost the first two games in St Lou and were back at the Gardens. My buddy and I decided to go to scalpers and get tickets for game three. We got last row grays, and were beside a single ticket holder that we were pretty sure was a homeless man. Leafs were losing 5-3 in the third but Ramage scored to narrow the gap to one, with less than three minutes to go. At the 18:50 mark (1:10 showing on the clock), Tom fergus scored to tie it. Friends, by that point, I had been to many leaf games, rock concerts, and even wrestling and i had NEVER heard the Gardens erupt like it did, when Fergus tied it. We went ballistic. We were jumping up and down and noticed we were suddenly arm in arm cheering with the homeless man! Three Leaf brothers at that moment.
Sadly, and I am sure this is a strong memory for many, Sergio Momesso scored from center ice, yes center ice, in overtime for the Leafs to lose 6-5. (Allan Bester)
That Fergus goal, was one of the most exciting moments I have ever had as a Leaf fan.
I had taped the game, and watched the Fergus goal many many times in the following year or two.

Scoring Summary

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Not only against Ottawa we have Game 7 wins against them in 2002 and 2004.

My favorite was 2002 because the Leafs came back from being down 3-2 after Tucker got hit from behind by Alfredsson in Game 5 and he scored seconds later.
Almost reminiscent of the Gretzky highstick and game winning goal in 93

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Almost reminiscent of the Gretzky highstick and game winning goal in 93
One thing some people might forget in Game 6 in 2002 when they were down 3-2 in the series and losing 2-0 in the 1st period, Tie Domi was hit from behind and the Senators player got a 5:00 minute major and game misconduct. Maybe part of the reason was Domi was bleeding and it was make up call from what happened with Tucker. Still the Leafs tied the game on that ensuing power play.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The heroics of hard rock defender Bob Baun, in the 1964 playoffs. Leafs down three games to two to Detroit in the finals. The game goes to OT. Baun shoots a flutterball from the point that somehow goes in. The Leafs then win game seven and the Cup.

Baun had been playing on a broken ankle

Reactions: BayStreetBully

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Does anyone remember when the Leafs played the Senators in 2004 during the regular season, they were losing 4-0 and came back to win 5-4 in overtime, plus a lot of the Senators kept leaving the game due to being sick with the flu.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not only against Ottawa we have Game 7 wins against them in 2002 and 2004.

My favorite was 2002 because the Leafs came back from being down 3-2 after Tucker got hit from behind by Alfredsson in Game 5 and he scored seconds later.
Yah that made the series win extra special.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
A random good memory:

Leafs vs. Flyers, game 2 of 1999 playoffs.

Leafs are down 1-0 in the series against the much favored Flyers.

Leafs are down 1-0 for most of the game, and then with 2 minutes left in the game and no hope left... Steve Thomas scores to tie it and Sundin scores to win it with a minute left in regulation.

That was a great game, and I remember it like it was yesterday. That for me was the game that really set the wheels in motion for the 1998-2004 era. (Yes, even though that was the 1999 playoffs)

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad