Raleigh and the Triangle - A Visitor's and Local's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Just be advised, if you are a big ESPN junkie, that's not on Sling Blue. It's only on Sling Orange.

I don't care for it much so it's not a problem for me.

To follow up on this -- you can't get around this by trying to watch on ESPN3 using your Sling login as your TV provider as it knows you have the Blue package and not the Orange. You'd need to find a workaround.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
So far so good with Sling. Went with Blue + DVR + 4 Extra package (incl Kids, Lifestyle, Comedy, News for $10) and prepaid 2 months for the free antenna; comes out to $40/mo. Everyone else use the antenna they provide or should I buy my own elsewhere?

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So far so good with Sling. Went with Blue + DVR + 4 Extra package (incl Kids, Lifestyle, Comedy, News for $10) and prepaid 2 months for the free antenna; comes out to $40/mo. Everyone else use the antenna they provide or should I buy my own elsewhere?

I never got the antenna from them because I got the antenna before I even thought about Sling. I bought my own from Amazon, put it up in my attic, ran a coax cable down to my main panel where all of my cable and internet feeds are and just connected the various TVs from there (as they were already connected to TWC in that box). It wasn't this exact one in the link, but one like this (although mine is not amplified) and cost about $50-60. Works great and I feed a couple TVs from it, although we usually only watch one of them at a time.

My son also had a powered antenna he used in a dorm room which is like this one (and cost $15 when he bought it) and it works well on a TV upstairs TV.

I say try what the one they gave you and see how it goes. For the one I have in the attic, there are websites which can tell you the best position to aim it (if it is directional).

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
glass jug's new location owns bones for anyone wondering. way more seating (including a beer garden out back) and they have their own small brewery on site now so they can make their own beers as well.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Something intriguing I came across. BBC audio documentary that looks at how the US has been changing and uses North Carolina as a sort of case study. Talks about urban-rural, cultural, and economic divides which can get political so maybe this should go somewhere else. But it's just interesting hearing something like the BBC take an in depth look at places you're so familiar with. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064y2y3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad