OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Sell the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I don't know enough about the game and players history etc to fully understand. I like Rizzo and was happy when they won the WS, even stayed up till daft o'clock.

Hope the Dodgers win now

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I always liked Ground Chuck, so I'm happy to see him have success. As Brandinho said, most of his problems with the Bucs were injury-related. When healthy he was usually a damn solid middle-of-the-rotation type, he just was so rarely healthy that he didn't have a fair chance to be worth what he was paid those final couple years.

I don't hate either of these franchises and no matter what a beloved former Bucco will win a ring, so this is an oddly decent World Series match-up for me.

Reactions: Brandinho

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
What a ball game it was last night apparently. Wish I could have watched it.

I love seeing Morton succeed. Not sure why people wouldn't. In this series, all all the pitcher to pitch over 2 innings, Morton and Watson have the best ERAs.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Looks like the Phillies are going to hire Gabe Kapler. That's a very good hire and wish the Pirates would have jumped on him, but good guy Clint is here for the long haul. Maybe Joe McEwing will be ready for a managerial position by the time Clint is gone.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I'm just happy we're seeing two teams that love to play the game.

nxjfi7kpwjtc2pkmlgcx.gif

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Darvish is making his own stock plummett. Doing a Jeff Locke impression. Everything either way off or right down the middle. Terrible pitching at the worst time possible.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Kind of a random thought here but is there a more annoying player than Brian McCann? Endless trips to the mound combined with his sanctimonious attitude about what constitutes "the right way" to play the game.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Kind of a random thought here but is there a more annoying player than Brian McCann? Endless trips to the mound combined with his sanctimonious attitude about what constitutes "the right way" to play the game.
He seems to have lightened up on the "right way" BS, which you'd kind of have to to play on the same team as Correa, Altuve, and Springer, but yeah the mound visits are awful. Between him and Gurriel it's tough to root for the Astros but I'm doing it baby.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ground Chuck on the mound and ready to close out game 7 and the World Series.

Way to go Charlie.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I knew Morton had good stuff, but this is impressive. I hope he pulls it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad