OT: Raiders news, notes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Any site that grades teams drafts should go back and grade their own review a few years later.

B is probably about right. I personally would have liked a better OT than Glaze. I wasn’t the biggest Fuaga fan because he was described similar in run blocking and aggression to a couple of prior raiders OT in gallery and Leatherwood. Maulers/roadgraters. Makes you worried about his pass pro given he has traits that are better for OG than OT. But if he’s a legit RT in the nfl I think that was the better value.

Really up to the OC to best utilize Mayer and Bowers at TE.

Reactions: EMcx2

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Listened to GMs post draft interview (podcast) and one point he made was that they were only looking at QB in 1st and 2nd rounds, but nothing fell to them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Listened to GMs post draft interview (podcast) and one point he made was that they were only looking at QB in 1st and 2nd rounds, but nothing fell to them.
Any QB you take in rounds 1-3, should have a plan to get them playing time. Otherwise, wasting a valuable pick. Look at recent drafts in Corral, Willis, Mond, Trask for example. Teams got like nothing out of them. And in hindsight, TB could have used depth OL or WR as they got hit with major injuries in those positions after they drafted him.

Day 3, guys, more hope that they maybe turn into something or you are thinking backup guy who would only be a game manager and good in the QB room.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Weird spot for Gallup to try to turn his career back on track. Given LV seems like they are going to run a lot of 2 TE sets with Mayer and Bowers, not going to be as many 3 WR sets. And his skillset isn't much different than Myers, whereas with Tucker, he is a speedster who can stretch the field and open up the intermediate routes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad