Pre-Game Talk: Ragnars @ Caps - 12/8/17 - 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Let's get some pre-game talk going.

Last night, I was watching the Chicago/Caps game and couldn't tell if the Caps were that good or if Chicago was that bad. Some of Chicago's clearing attempts made the Rangers look elite.

Also, Tom Wilson is apparently the Second Coming after an extremely small sample size.

Burakovsky is still out, as with Oshie. Not sure if they'll be ready to go tomorrow.

Georgiev was sent back to the Wolf Pack, so I imagine either Hank is ready to go (at least as a backup) or the Rangers are doing their "let's bank cap space for the TDL by doing these paper moves for a day."

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I think a little bit of both Caps were good and Chicago was bad, especially the first period. Chicago outplayed Wsh in the second. Caps were held to 1 SOG for much of the second period. Ovi-Backstrom-Wilson have been lethal as a recently put together line.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
bad, bad feeling about this game - I hope we get over with it fast and enjoy the weekend.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Trotz comments on Shatty:

Kind of like Trotz as a coach. Thought of as top tier, but really isn't. Never been past the 2nd round in his entire coaching career.

Plus, I just remember his comments about the Rangers on 24/7 in the 2015 season "This team will be in our rearview mirror soon, they're not on your level" to his own team. Then we came back from down 3-1 to beat them in the playoffs. God damn that was sweet.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Trotz comments on Shatty:

Kind of like Trotz as a coach. Thought of as top tier, but really isn't. Never been past the 2nd round in his entire coaching career.

Plus, I just remember his comments about the Rangers on 24/7 in the 2015 season "This team will be in our rearview mirror soon, they're not on your level" to his own team. Then we came back from down 3-1 to beat them in the playoffs. God damn that was sweet.

Let’s hope Shatty plays angry. LGR

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Trotz likes throwing out his little barbs. I remember that one about the Rangers disappearing in the rear-view mirror. No doubt, he thought it was safe.
Orpik, at that that particular stage of his career, being your primary partner? Did Trotz really think nobody was going to look a bit harder at his statement?
Similar to Boudreau, just keep Trotz for as long as possible, Washington, and the Rangers will continue to benefit from that.
Arrogance always pisses me off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->