GDT: RagCar

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina generally wins not with skill or size, but with speed. If the Canes can outskate the opponent, the team has a good chance of winning.

The Canes can't outskate the Rangers. I feel like the script is similar in games against Tampa and Pittsburgh. When Carolina's speed is neutralized by equally fast or faster teams, the game comes down to skill and the Canes can't compete with those teams in that aspect. Thus, we see a horrifying record (4-12-2 dating back to 2016, I think) against those teams as a result.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I must also say, sitting behind Peters, I expected a regroup time out, talking to the players (or chewing them out), or SOMETHING...instead he almost seemed content with the team getting blown out. It was embarrassing.

Also, Darling having 1 really bad game (NYI), followed up by a good win, acceptable, things happen. A 2nd just a week later where he put us in a hole early, that's just ugly. At one point the posts had more saves than he did (and still might have by the end of the night). I wouldn't be against rolling Ward a few and cutting down Darlings work load for a bit, go 1a 1b

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Geez there were lot of Ranger fans there.

Is that a surprise? Gobs of New Yorkers escape the crappy weather, high taxes, and run down infrastructure present in NY and migrate to this area. Half the guys I played hockey with down here are from Long Island. There are more than a few retired NYC cops living in my neighborhood alone and when I asked them why, the response: Better weather, better tax climate, and I can afford to put my kids through college down here. Not a surprise at all.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Pretty sure I drank enough last night to enjoy the win.

Also, f*** me is everything expensive there. Concessions are like 20% more than at Bank of America, tickets have risen sharply, and even parking is pricey considering they own the lot and it isn't businesses trying to make money downtown. Winning is only going to fill the building so much. I get that they are turning a profit, but nobody wants to sell a kidney to go to a sporting event and have a good time.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Has anyone else tried the "Uber-zone?" I took one at the Blackhawks game. Overall it worked well, but the process they use isn't very efficient. With the buses and traffic going down that same road, the Uber drivers back up and completely stop the flow as they have trouble exiting the area. Would seem they could make 1 lane dedicated to the UBER drivers to speed them in and out or have a traffic cop or something like that.

A funny part is there was some loudmouth behind me while waiting telling everyone how he was in logistics and if he ran this, he'd be getting people in and out so much more efficiently. He was talking about how if your name was called and you weren't there immediately, you lose your ride and the next person was up, etc... Then, he and his buddy figured that they could find their Uber driver by walking up the road where they were lined up rather than wait in the "Uber-Zone". Low and behold, his ride shows up in the Uber-Zone and after a couple of minutes, they come running back but the driver then refused to take them so they had to get another Uber driver and the wait time was a good 20 minutes. Loved it.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Is that a surprise? Gobs of New Yorkers escape the crappy weather, high taxes, and run down infrastructure present in NY and migrate to this area. Half the guys I played hockey with down here are from Long Island. There are more than a few retired NYC cops living in my neighborhood alone and when I asked them why, the response: Better weather, better tax climate, and I can afford to put my kids through college down here. Not a surprise at all.

Cary: Containment Area for Relocated Yankees

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Im not sold nc has better weather. Almost everyone i talk to discounts how disgustingly hot and humid the south/mid atlantic gets. At least no one in raleigh has to walk to the subway in 110 weather so count yourself lucky. Nothing i love more than people that drive to work complain about weather

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Im not sold nc has better weather. Almost everyone i talk to discounts how disgustingly hot and humid the south/mid atlantic gets. At least no one in raleigh has to walk to the subway in 110 weather so count yourself lucky. Nothing i love more than people that drive to work complain about weather

"Better Weather" is clearly subjective. After living in the north for a good chunk of my life, I'll take a couple months of hot and humid over 3-4 months of cold, dreary and snowy without even thinking twice. When I lived in the north, usually by mid-late August, I was already working on my list of things to do before winter comes. Down here, I'm not worried about getting snow tires put on, tuning up the snow blower, covering plants, worried about raking leaves every day because I don't want them to be under the snow, winterizing the house, etc....

Also, the cold, dreary days do a number on some people to the point where they get depressed. There's no nirvana when it comes to weather (ok, maybe San Diego), but for me, and many others, the weather in NC is so much nicer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->